“Makes Beijing Easy”
Review of Bespoke Beijing

Bespoke Beijing
Ranked #64 of 397 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Anti-package-tour to its core, Bespoke Beijing offers an a la carte menu of high-quality, high-value travel services so you can pick and choose the components that are relevant to you. These include car hire, tour guides and airport transfers - or take it to the next level with their expert-led signature experiences. Started by a former Time Out Beijing editor, the team's emphasis is on helping you find the city's hidden gems and utilizing their insider knowledge for an unforgettable experience.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We just returned from a trip to China and Bespoke Beijing made life much, much better. We booked a Great Wall Tour to Jingshaling and a day-long City Tour, both with guide and driver, as well as an additional day with a driver. We also got their Savvy City Kit, which includes a custom guide book and a pre-programmed local cell phone with a translator and helper on the other end of the line. Bryony, our contact person, called us in the US a couple of weeks before we left, to find out what all of our interests and needs were, and everything was completely lined up before we arrived. We got great advice on restaurants in every price range (try Dali Courtyard and Lost Heaven, really), shopping, sights, and entertainment. Their job is to make your life easy in a city that can be very challenging and they do it. Next time we go, we will use them again with no hesitation. (Oh, very important in China, there is no attempt to take you to "my friend's special shop" etc. You say what you are interested in. They respond with a list of places that match your interests. The more information you give them, the better service they can give you.)

1  Thank DaveIn703

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Sarah Keenlyside and her team at Bespoke Beijing are simply awesome! I arrived in Beijing and stumbled upon their website, and it basically saved my holiday. I would not have done anything near like I achieved without their excellent help and guidance. From organising a, next day, visit with a great guide (chapeau Colin!) to the Jinshanling section of the Great Wall of China to a Hutong tour and museum visit (in Hutong) with the effervescent Frank Feng - legend! It was simply a first class experience. Frank's tour was ace, we visited the Hutong by day and took in the Drum Tour @ 1630hrs for the evening beat. So cool! Then an unexpected invite to the 1st Beijing Timechase in a sidecar. Wow! What an amazing experience. The organisation to pull that off was excellent! A side-car race / hunt round some of the most famous and more abstract and unusual places in one crazy-adventured afternoon, and on a motor-bike with side-car - this was just fantastic! What an experience. I have literally so many people if they go to China just go to Bespoke Bejing and let them give you the trip of a lifetime. Great people, great job and you have a great time! Stewart

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I simply cannot say enough positive things about Bespoke. I book a car service, a photo tour, and even worked with them for dinner suggestions. They were professional, timely, diligent, and fun throughout. This is really a one stop shop for any visit. Fantastic!

2  Thank pachec
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Frank Feng and Mr Liu are two very special characters.
Frank is not just a very knowledgeable guide, he is a talented story teller.
Mr Liu makes his cricket training demonstration into a theatrical performance using his private home as a perfect scenario with an impressive set of domesticated animals.
A duo not to be missed: really the very best!

3  Thank CarlosRibasMonteiro
Reviewed October 21, 2013

As a single (Western) woman, traveling in countries where you don't speak the language and 'stand out' can be difficult - touring Beijing with my Bespoke travel guides was like visiting the city with close friends. The street food tour was fascinating, well curated and 'challenging' in a good way - the tour guide (Kristen) was fun, very knowledgeable about local food and markets, and challenged me in a good way to sample traditional snacks. I toured the Imperial Sites (Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace) with an extremely knowledgeable guide (Michael) who, in a fun and entertaining way, taught me about Imperial and recent Chinese history, and tirelessly took pictures and made sure to sprinkle in some 'real current' experiences (such as local residents doing tai chi in parks) - Bespoke's tour guides went above and beyond with additional suggestions for evening dinners, including arranging these for me and taking me to the restaurants. The Peking Duck dinner with Sue is a gourmet experience that is one of a kind. And the Hutong tour with Frank, including visiting his friends and getting to see how residents live was enlightening and special. I highly recommend Bespoke for solo and group travelers!