“Guangxi Tour with WildChina”
Review of WildChina Travel

WildChina Travel
Ranked #65 of 491 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Chosen as National Geographic's BEST Travel Company on Earth for China & Tibet, WildChina is a trendsetting travel company based in Beijing. WildChina caters to the curious traveler, offering socially responsible travel and off-the-beaten path adventures in China and beyond.
Reviewed November 19, 2018

My family (husband, 9month old baby, and in-laws) travelled to Guangxi for four days with WildChina. We were extremely pleased and impressed with the communication and organization of Agnes, who we communicated with over email. It did rain the four days we were in Guangxi - but honestly - I prefer the rain in low season to the inevitable crowds in high season. Getting around Guangxi with a baby wasn't super easy, but we managed using both the stroller and the carrier. Agnes was careful to recommend hotels that catered to kids - and that helped a lot. Our guide Micheal was extremely knowledgable and shared his own experiences growing up in the area. He is probably the best guide I have ever had in Asia. WildChina is of course expensive, but the headaches and time loss involved with navigating China on our own is just not worth it to us (we have no Mandarin language skills), so we see the value in paying for a company such as WildChina to help us.

Date of experience: November 2018
JennyZhao_WildChina, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2018

Hi Natasha M,

Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Agnes is a rising star in our team, and your feedback really made her day! It’s never easy to travel with young children (I know from experience), and it's wonderful to know that Agnes, and our guides, helped to ensure you all had a wonderful time (despite the rain!).

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you to China again in the future.

Take care,

"experienced travelers"
"private tour"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed November 19, 2018

I chose WildChina Travel for a first visit to China, planning a private trip based on their "Essence of China" tour with additional stops and asking for some more active, hiking options. The trip was well organised, with very knowledgeable guides and excellent logistical support. We visited the key sights at each stop, but much of the "hiking" turned out to be short, leisurely strolls along well manicured paths and some of the guides seemed resistant to varying their standard programme to match my personal interests. This was unexpected and somewhat frustrating for a private tour.

WildChina is an excellent tour operator and I recommend them for anyone planning a trip to China, but they may be best suited to those who want to book one of their standard tour packages. Otherwise, be very clear and very persistent about your requirements.

Date of experience: November 2018
JennyZhao_WildChina, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

Hi Kejijit,

Thank you for taking the time to share your WildChina experience. I really want to thank you for your honest review. We are glad to know that the trip went well overall, and I sincerely apologize that part of your WildChina experience was not as great as you had expected.

It’s a surprise to us that our guides were resistant to varying our programs to match your personal interests, and your feedback is invaluable in helping us to improve our services. We are looking into your comments now and have also sent you a separate email for further discussion.

Thank you again for your recommendation of WildChina. We hope to have the opportunity to take you off-the-beaten path on your next adventure.

Best,

Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

My 8 year old son and I toured for 16 days in Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Every hotel in general and our assigned room in particular was great; flawless every transfer arranged, guides were genuinely friendly and enthusiastic and willing to go out of our way (as were drivers). They found good restaurants and smart ways to skip lines.

If your time is valuable then the private tour (which you can also “amend on the fly”) is the way to go. Particularly great were:

— Being alone on the Great Wall with my son at sunrise
— Aman Summer Palace back door into the actual summer palace
— Acrobat show and “food street” in Beijing
— Motorcycle tour of Shanghai
— Panda encounter in Chengdu
— Ritz Carlton Hong Kong world’s highest hotel
— Schezhaun hot pot restaurants

Also I would note all guides very good but especially Michael in Beijing who had to deal with us while still grumpy with jet lag!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank philips714

Hi Philips714,

Thank you for taking the time to review WildChina on TripAdvisor. We are so happy to learn that you had a great time with us and tried so many different things during the trip! We have shared your feedback with the team, and Michael sends his best wishes.

Thank you again. We hope to help you explore other parts of China in the near future.

Best,

Reviewed November 4, 2018

Having previously visited Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, the Great Wall and Guilin, I chose to visit villages and towns in Guangxi and Yunnan provinces -- Chengyang, Ping An, Dali, Shaxi, Lijiang and Shangri-la. Not far off the beaten path as alll had plenty of tourist infrastructure. Wild China Tours took care of all the arrangements, providing excellent guides throughout, choosing charming boutique hotels, and a very enjoyable itinerary -- time in the old towns, hikes with beautiful scenery (particularly Ping An), guidance for local restaurants with excellent food, comfortable vehicle and excellent drivers.

Date of experience: September 2018
JennyZhao_WildChina, General Manager at WildChina Travel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Dear inmy60s,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your WildChina journey to Guangxi and Yunnan province. China is changing quickly and this is especially evident in areas that used to be very isolated. Unlike before, small towns and villages are now being linked to bigger cities by highways and high-speed trains. This has been great for local economies but has meant an influx of visitors and, therefore, tourist infrastructure. It’s never easy to find a good balance but we will continue to support local artisans, employ the best local guides, and will strive to help our guests experience the real China. Thank you again for your trust in our services and we hope to help you plan another trip in the future.

Best, Jenny

See more reviews
Reviewed November 3, 2018

I am very pleased about the excellent tour arrangement with Wild China agent. I’ve selected 5 cities in my first trip to China (Beijing, Zhangjiajie, Xi’an, Guilin, and Shanghai) and I asked the company to arrange for the booking details including my preference hotels and site attractions. The communication with Ms. Katerina was very smooth and quick and she provided me with lots of recommendations and suggestions to alter the plan which were very beneficial. The Wild China agent secured all my tickets and booking though it was done in a peak tourism season due to their special privilege and priority access on so many things. All the assigned tour guides were so professional and knowledgeable and guided us to the best locations to have our memorable pictures and assisted us to take spontaneous photos with the local people which I loved the most. The guides were so friendly and took care of everything to facilitate and enjoy our daily activities. I have to acknowledge our wonderful guides by names with special thanks to: Nancy from Beijing, Michel from Guilin, Johnson from Zhangjiaji, Olivia from Xi’an, and Kiana from Shanghai. Also special thanks to Ms. Katerina who was behind this wonderful tour arrangement and for her daily follow-up on our activities and schedules. She also stopped by our Hotel in Shanghai to greet us in person and provided us with a very nice chopsticks souvenir engraved with our names which we loved so much. By end of the trip, Wild China agent surprised us with a parcel delivered to our room which had some customized postcards with our photos taken for us in different cities and locations during the trip by our guides. I am fully satisfied with my trip arrangement with Wild China and I am seriously planning for my next visit to China to see other cities and definitely I would contact them to arrange for it.

Date of experience: October 2018

Dear QueenWM,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It's lovely to know that you enjoyed your adventure with WildChina to Beijing, Zhangjiajie, Xi’an, Guilin and Shanghai! Katerina joined WildChina this spring and is a rising star in the team. She really enjoyed planning your trip and loved getting to meet you in person! Thank you again for your trust in our services - we're looking forward to helping you plan your next trip!

Best, Jenny