“Great views.”

$45.00*
Private Mutianyu Great Wall Trip with English-Speaking Driver
$100.00*
and up
Private Half-Day Mutianyu Great Wall Tour including Round Way Cable Car or...
Ranked #1 of 1,612 things to do in Beijing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: In 1368 AD, Mutianyu Great Wall was built by Xu Da who is the main general for Zhuyuanzhang in the Great Wall ruins of Northern Qi Dynasty. Linked to Gubeikou in the east and Juyongguan in the west,the section of the Great Wall is the military hub defensing of the capitalsince ancient times. There are several famous watchtowers such as Zhengguantai, Dajiaolou, Yingfeidaoyang,Jiankou and Beijingjie, which has profound historical and cultural values. Surrounded by the mountains, the Greening rate of the Great Wall reaches 98%, and its scenery is beautiful. Known for its gorgeous scenery, Mutianyu is one of the essence in the Great Wall of Ming Dynasty. Mutianyuhas the characteristics of the fresh air, sided embrasure, peculiar guards, intensive watchtowers, the strong feeling of three-dimensional and the existing of the inside and outside branch. The Closed Tram, Speed slide, the China dream stone sity, the Great Wall hotel, Yisonglou restaurant are constructed inthe tourist area, so its facilities and function are perfect.The tourist area was added to the national 5A scenic spot list by the National Tourism Administration of China in 2011. In June 28, 2014,the Mutianyu Great Wallintegrated tourism service area put into use. The integrated tourism service area, having service functions including a visitor center, the Great Wall Culture Exhibition Center, and catering and tourism souvenirs street,covers an area of 20 acres.In this way, Mutianyu Great Wall will provide a better travel experience for visitors.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The wall is fine but the way chinese present it is awful. Cheap cheesy la la land. Chinese have a long way to go to appreciate themselves.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This part of the Great Wall is incredible. I arrived at 8:00 when the ticket office opened. I purchased tickets for the cable car and when I arrived at the top I was the only person on the wall (no tourists, no locals). The views are breathe taking. Go here and experience a once in a lifetime view.

2  Thank Cklett
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is the best place to see the Great Wall. A little over an hour outside Beijing you take a cable care to the Wall and then get a fantastic view along a large length of the Wall as it snakes across the mountains. Go early to avoid crowns and you end up with spectacular pictures of this amazing phenomenon. Be warned however, if going when I went (February) wrap up warm. It was -15C when I was there.

3  Thank GSP1971
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This section of the Great Wall is by far the easiest to negotiate if you are not a seasoned hiker. A taxi or bus ride from beijing will take you there, or your hotel can arrange a tourist bus.We hired an English-speaking driver Vincent and his email is wokanxin@yahoo.com.cn. You can buy a ticket for a chairlift that transports you to the top of the wall, and walk from there in either direction. A fun sit-down sled can be taken back down the mountain; it is a little wheeled board that has a hand brake and runs in a stainless steel chute back and forth.
In general, the views are breathtaking- very wild and secluded country, and the wall seems to go on forever into th edistance. You do have to negotiate a bunch of vendor stalls to get to the entrance, but this is true at any tourist attraction. And there was an American style Subway sandwich chain restaurant at the bottom if you want American style food. COnsistent , but with odd additions like blueberry flavored chips. I'd go to a noodle shop , personally.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

First of all I went to the Great Wall to see it. I knew in Dec. it would be cold , but not 19o below and my camera wouldn't even open. It is a great thing to see when it's warm. I also seen a lot of great things around Beijing, but to cold to acualy enjoy things.
One thing I want to say is on't ever go to China alone as I did.
I set myself up like a turkey waiting to be shot.
I was walking around Taliman squar, and 4 guys cme up to talk with me and spoke perfect English, and said the worked for Microsoft, and was in Beijing on a business. They aske me to have lunch with them, and gave me the bill, and told me with no uncertain turms I was paying the bill. I thought $ 150.00 I got the bill from AMX and it was $ 1500.00. So watch out for friendly business men.
After I left these guys I went to get a cab it was to cold to be out any longer, and getting late. It cost me 20 yen to get there, and the cabs wanted 50 yen to get back. I asked a rickshaw driver to take me for 30 and after a while he said he would.When we got to my hotel he wanted more because he said he was a cripple. I gave him the 30 and started to get out, and he locked the door, and hit me in the head. I turned around in my seat, and faut with him a min, and he took off with the door locked I actualy thought I was going to die or at the least wish I was if he got me to his buddies. I pulled out a 100 yen and he stopped and unlocked the door, and let me out. So beware when traveling alone.

1  Thank Rayswrld2000

Been to Mutianyu Great Wall? Share your experiences!