“I loved this hotel - it is such good fun!:-)”

Hotel Eclat Beijing
Ranked #1 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
Sydney
“I loved this hotel - it is such good fun!:-)”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very arty and trendy. Some of the art made me laugh.
The check in was easy, the room was excellent and the breakfast very nice. The bathroom is really nice and ultra modern. I think the waiters in the breakfast bar were lovely but need a little more training.

The hotel is part of a larger shopping centre that is probably one of the most beautiful i have ever been in. Obviously English is a challenge but you are in Beijing.
I walked down to the silk markets in about 10 minutes. You can get good bargains if you haggle (expected). It is all part of the fun. I would recommend you try on everything you buy.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Wessel K, General Manager at Hotel Eclat Beijing, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Mal_Chaney,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at Hotel Éclat Beijing with all TripAdvisor enthusiasts. We strive to provide excellent and caring service to all our guests and I am glad to read we have exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your feedback as we strive to improve ourselves every day and only feedback like yours can help us with that.

It is with pleasure that I learned you have enjoyed the experiences and (bargain) adventures the Beijing Silk Market offers and I trust you have enjoyed the many beautiful sites Beijing hosts.

I hope we will have the honor to welcome you back at Hotel Éclat for your next visit to Beijing.

Hotel Éclat Beijing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Our company held an event there in one of the pool suites and I stayed in a guest room. There were a few special features of the hotel and room that were quite interesting but the location of the hotel isn't convenient. Hard to get cab and not near the subway.

Overall was unimpressed with the service. First it was the hard sell by sales team. The sales told us a rate and that he can offer us a special discounted rate. This special rate for the pool suite was in fact offered to us at a lower price by a more junior sales person! Not only that, they made it sound like we had to book then and there and as if the hotel was full. However the truth of the matter is the hotel was pretty much empty when we stayed there. We didn't see many guests at all.

The front desk and security in the lobby also wasn't particularly helpful when we asked for a few things. Overall, didn't get the same friendliness I got from other hotels such as the China World Hotel or Kerry Hotel nearby.

The gym was so tiny and room size quite small too.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank HKLouise
Wessel K, General Manager at Hotel Eclat Beijing, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Louise,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We highly appreciate receiving feedback from our valued guests as we strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and improve each day. I regret to hear that we have not exceeded your expectations.

As you mentioned, it can be difficult to find a taxi in the middle of the Central Business District nevertheless our concierges are always more than happy to assist you. Furthermore, I am pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the facilities and convenience our rooms offer.

My apologies for the misinterpretation you have encountered with our Sales Team. Please be assured that your words have been shared with all related departments to prevent these misunderstandings from occurring again.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Hotel Éclat Beijing to show you our passion for hospitality.

UK
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed here just after the hotel opened so hopefully things would have picked up a little since I was there.

There is much hype about this place and the art etc, however from a hotel perspective it is a little over rated.

Pros
- Great art work around
- Good location, shops close by
- Quirky small things in room (gun light, glass windows in bathroom, 3d TV (although wasnt working during my stay).
- Staff helpful (if maybe a little too much - a fine balance)

Cons
- Pricey for what you get
- The standard rooms are really quite small comparing what you can get elsewhere in the city for the same price, so if you are there for more than a night or two it starts to feel a little claustrophobic.
- The air con was not working at all during my time there which made the rooms very warm indeed. A fan was provided, and I understand this is influenced by the government re switching it on and time of year, but regardless should be addressed to minimize the impact for guests
- Room Service - was there any? No idea - no menu in room.
- It feels a little like an extension of a shopping mall (which it is) rather than a hotel in its own right. Lounge, breakfast area a little 'office like' (aside from the art work of course).

All in all the biggest selling point is its location and art. From a stand alone hotel perspective, take out the art and location, and it would be a 3.5 rating.

Cons

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ClareSomewhere
Wessel K, General Manager at Hotel Eclat Beijing, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Clare,

On behalf of the entire team at Hotel Éclat Beijing I would like to thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.

We highly value your comments as we are constantly striving to improve ourselves to exceed our guest’s expectations. It is with regret that I learn we have not exceeded your expectations.

Please be assured that we have informed our relevant departments regarding your comments and we will strive to improve each day. We offer our guests 24-hour In Room Dining and we regret that you have not been able to enjoy this.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Hotel Éclat Beijing to convince you of our passion for hospitality.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend. Chose this hotel based on a previous pleasant stay at Hotel Eclat Taipei, and this Beijing hotel certainly did not disappoint.

As other reviewers have pointed out, the modern hotel is like a contemporary art gallery with artwork at the entrance, lobby and even at the corridors of each floor. The rooms are well decorated, spotlessly clean and equipped with all sorts of gadgets, including a remote control of bed light in the shape of a gun. The bathroom is large with a bath tub, walk-in shower and a Japanese style bidet. Full amenities and free wi-fi are provided.

The afternoon tea at the lounge, which is free to staying guests, is delicious with a choice of canapes and cakes. The half-buffet breakfast is also nice albeit a smaller selection which is understandable given the smaller number of rooms here compared to large hotels. Service is better than many hotels in China.

The hotel is located next to a middle-to-top end shopping mall with a number of eateries including DingTaiFung. A few minutes walk to the subway station but one probably needs to change lines to get to most tourist attractions (which involves quite a bit of stair walking).

I can't find any fault with this hotel and would recommend to everyone. This comes with a quite heavy price tag, but I think it's worth a try.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank exe_ck
Wessel K, General Manager at Hotel Eclat Beijing, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Traveler from Hong Kong,

On behalf of the entire team of Hotel Éclat Beijing I would like to thank you for commenting on your stay.

I am truly pleased to hear that we have fulfilled and exceeded your expectations in terms of service and you enjoyed our “Éclat essentials.” We are one of the few hotels were small items like afternoon tea, the mini bar are included in your room rate and I would like to invite you to the evening drinks in the éclat lounge the next time you stay as also these are included while staying ate Hotel Éclat Beijing.

It is with pleasure that I read you encourage others to visit our hotel as we are very passionate about what we do and hope that more travellers like yourself will come and enjoy our hotel.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to Hotel Éclat Beijing in the near future.

Annecy, France
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Eclat hotel in Beijing as no competitor. It is part of the striking Parkview green development and feature a multitude of contemporary artworks from master like Dali as well as outstanding famous Chinese artists.It has cutting-edge rooms with all the most advance amenities. Placing a strong emphasis on attentive services this hotel has become the talk of the town.If you like fashion and if you consider yourself as trendy this is the only place in Beijing where you can enjoy contemporary art, design and hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 760pieto
Dear Pieto,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a review.

We are pleased to learn you have enjoyed the convenience our location offers. We strive to provide personalized and caring service to all our guests and are glad to hear you have enjoyed this experience.

We truly value the beautiful words you used to describe Hotel Éclat Beijing and hope to have the honor to welcome you back in Beijing in the near future.

Hong Kong
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Staying at this hotel is like a trip to a contemporary art gallery. Every corner you turn, a well recognized piece of artwork can be found; from old master like Dali to contemporary artist like Zhang Huan. But that's not what makes the Eclat special; their service was very personal and attentive, the room I stayed in was spacious and has a huge terrace where guests of mine can relax and chill in huge sofas and coffee table. The hotel is attached to a very nice shopping centre where you can find very high quality restaurants from Italian to the most popular Taiwanese restaurant Ding Tai Fung. It was the total experience that makes me want to return and recommend Eclat to my friends who will visit Beijing in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for the ones that comes with a terrace.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bruce3382
Dear Bruce,

On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Éclat Beijing on Tripadvisor.It is our honor to welcome guests who share our love for art and design.

It is with pleasure that I learned you have enjoyed your stay and our personal service. The innovative glass structure, designed by Winston Chu, of our building provides ideal conditions for the indoor terrace you mentioned.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

New York
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Truly a first class hotel in every respect. Food, service, room, all top notch. Very spacious room with large terrace full of artwork and pleasant surprises. Fantastic food, amazing staff and splendid artwork. A must hotel if you are in Beijing. This is not a typical predictable 5 star hotel. The room has so many thoughtful, amazing, amusing features - e.g. clock on the ceiling showing time, weather and alarm in huge letters, no squinting or fumbling for glasses in the middle of the night; massage chair that you don't want to share with anyone specially after walking the great wall; a table lamp that you turn on and off with a white plastic gun - no need to go through the whole room looking for switches that will turn off this light when you are almost asleep. This is the only good use of a gun in my opinion! A full feature toilet with all kinds of water sprays with heated toilet seat, a faint light goes on automatically in the bathroom when you walk in at night that is so easy on eyes. I can go on and on because there are so many things that make staying there so comfortable and pleasant. The bed was magical, so comfortable. Absolutely no expense is spared in making this hotel way above a five star rating. It is very obvious that the art collector owner and his team of architects have put their heart and souls in building this hotel. And if you love art, this is like a art heaven. Everywhere you look, you see most beautiful artwork. It really is a must hotel if you are in Beijing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple