“business traveller”

Ranked #30 of 6,450 Hotels in Beijing
Beijing, China
“business traveller”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel is within 3rd ring road, close to CBC. It is very a convenient location, and the rooms are spacious room, services are good, very friendly staff. Love the Cafe Chapter - awesome interior design!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Conrad_Beijing, Director of Operations at Conrad Beijing, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Beijing. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business, and we hope to see you again soon.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had an amazing experience at the Conrad Beijing.The hotel itself is very clean and well decorated. Very nice rooms with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on (seriously). Staff was very friendly and helpful.I have stayed at many hotels in Beijing and other major cities (London, Paris, Rome), and this was among the best service I have ever received - early check-in, room upgrade. I'd recommend this place to anyone traveling to Beijing and look forward to my return trip to see the staff and welcoming amenities. Many thanks to Management and all the staff!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Conrad_Beijing, Director of Operations at Conrad Beijing, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Frank,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Beijing. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and shared your comments regarding our hotel location, guestrooms, and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Beijing, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My review of this hotel is based on they're F&B operation, in particular of they're all day dining restauarnt, cant comment on the rest of the facilities nor services but definetly being a new opening one would judge by first impression and in this case, the first impression was that of an embarassing failure.
I went there for a fast meal around 9 pm on friday; the restaurant was empty to the point they were already setting up for the breakfast of the morning after. When I asked if it was possible to sit on one of they're very inviting sofas they declined my request because that particular table was being replenished for the morning after (still no cutlery on it!).Altough I insisted, I was still declined that particular seat, till the point it was necessary for me to contact a manager to have my simple request granted. I then ordered a glass of champagne to start my meal and unfortunately it was "flat as a carpet". When I brought this to the attention of my waiter asking him to change it, he brought me a bottle of sparkling rose! I explained that i did not want a rose, just a glass of champagne, but he insisted in serving it to me with a tone which first sounded like an upselling tattic, but soon after turned out to be a desperate way to finish another pre-opened bottle. What amazed me was the words this person used in order to convince me to drink the rose', and I quote:
"If I open a new bottle of champagne for you it will be very difficult for me to sell the rest of it, so if you really want it you need to guarantee me you will consume at least three glasses of it"
I told him I will try to drink two but for me to have three, sounded a bit too much!
The food then came and I hoenestly cant express an opinion on a grilled chicken breast served with cherry tomatoes on the vine that were thrown in a deep frier to make them look cooked!
Last point: while trough my meal a group of people came and started taking pictures and posing around, right where I was sitting, making the whole meal uncomfortuble and confirming my point expressed in this title.
I am sure this establishment will have many opportunities to grow, even because I feel it will be really difficult for it to get any worst.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Eugenio I
Conrad_Beijing, Director of Operations at Conrad Beijing, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Eugenio

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your comment with us.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant dining experience at Chapter. The level of service that you encountered is definitely not our standard.
Your feedbacks have been well communicated to the management and the entire food & beverage team. Rest assured that appropriate measure will be taken and better training would be implemented to our team members in order to ensure that such circumstances will not repeat itself.

Once again, we apologize for the incident hope you may grant us the opportunity to show you that this lapse in service is not the norm here. Should you have further comments, please do not hesitate to contact myself directly.

Best regards

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

One night stay. Great Wall trip and excellent dinner coordinated by the concierge. The property is fantastically new and the staff have clearly been well trained. During the same trip we stay at two additional Hilton properties in Beijing and while we enjoyed all three, the quality of service and the room at the Conrad were easily the best.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Beijing. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and shared your comments regarding our concierge, service, and the guestrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back and continually providing “The Luxury of Being Yourself” experience.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Conrad Beijing is a brand new hotel. It feels new and fresh. The rooms are immaculate in every detail. This is truly a beautiful hotel in every way. The staff were exceptionally courteous and nothing was ever a problem. Brilliant!@

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed here recently one night on a business trip. The price was lower than in many properties in the center, so it was really a no-brainer. I was upgraded to King Executive Room on 26th floor, nice views. The room is large with a big bathroom (with tub by the window), separate shower and a walk-in closet for clothes and luggage. Everything is still brand new and stylish.

Service was excellent throughout, it is obvious that the staff has been trained quite a bit. I had breakfast in the EL, truly marvelous views. Breakfast selection was perhaps a bit narrower than I could have expected, but I did not go hungry! Good coffee and orange juice!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Beijing. We are pleased to receive your positive comments.
Your feedback regarding the Executive Lounge breakfast has been shared with the management team; and more attention will be addressed to ensure that more personalized service can be provided to better cater your needs.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Beijing in the near future.

Antwerpen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed for five nights at the Conrad Beijing. This is a wonderful hotel ! For our honeymoon we were upgraded to a junior suite ! There is noting junior about this suite ! It was one of the most beautiful rooms we ever stayed at. We were picked up by the hotel limo at Beijing airport and when we arrived although it was 6am in the morning, the concierge and manager on duty were waiting for us at the front door. We were told they would check us in, in our room and they asked if we would like to have breakfast. This hotel is very attentive and has super service. When we returned after diner the first night they had decorated the bed with 2 swans and flowers and they also gave us a bottle of Mumm champagne. During our stay we had dinner at 29 grill and Lu Yu restaurants and one time we had dessert at Chapter. These were the best meals we had in Beijing with outstanding service. At the executive lounge service was also at its best. This hotel is truly the new icon in the capital city of Beijing ! Beijing subway is not too far away and easy to use. Shopping malls are only 10min walk from Conrad Beijing. The only minor thing to mention was that the swimming pool was closed for maintenance. If we go back to Beijing we will certainly stay again at the Conrad!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Congratulations again and thank you for choosing Conrad Beijing for your honeymoon!

It is our pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your positive comments have been shared with the whole team.

Our swimming pool is open now. Thank you for your comments, and I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest! .