I stayed here a few times during my stay (as arranged by my hosts), so saw some different rooms. None of them had fridges, so I'm pretty sure all the booking sites that say there are in room fridges are either out of date or lying - though I'm guessing the former. There's a space where you'd think a fridge would be, but it's empty.
- One room always had a few flies in the bathroom, even after I got rid of them, the next day they'd be back. I could _not_ figure out where they were coming from.
- One bathroom did have a slight sewage smell - not of feces/etc, but more sulfur-y.
- Internet connection was often really slow.
- One of the rooms was facing the main street, and you could hear the constant horn honking through the singlepane windows.
- One of the rooms had wooden floors, and I don't think it gets fully swept all the time.
- One room had two sets of windows; basically a set of double pane windows installed behind the single pane set, making for a good isolation from outside noise.
- Aircon was nice and strong.
- Location is good - across the street from a subway station (with another up the block if you don't want to bother with crossing the street), and a short walk to Wangfujing street.
- Convenience store maybe a hundred meters/yards from the front door
- Keys were sometimes flakey. Usually having the front desk re-code them fixed it for a while.
- Towels usually a bit worn, though occasionally get a newer plusher one.
- Beds firm, but most in China are. Get used to it.
- Walls/doors a bit on the thin side
Would I stay here again? It's an option, but I might look elsewhere first to see what other choices are around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beijing Da Wan Hotel, opened in August 2002, is centrally located in Beijing's well known shopping and sightseeing district of downtown Dongdan downtown and the Wangfujing area. The Da Wan Hotel is within walking distance to Tiananmen Square and the China Art Gallery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wangfujing Dawan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wangfujing Da Wan Beijing