We booked the Holiday Inn based upon a previous review that recommended Storm the concierge at the hotel. We stayed here on a post cruise stop. We were in Beijing for only 2 full days. I located Storm and he provided us a tour with another couple that was the highlight of our Asian trip. We went to a remote section of the Great Wall since I do not walk steps very well. This section was easily reached with no steps to climb. It was a horrible day since it was cold and raining pretty hard.
The highlight was after when Storm arranged for us to visit a farmer friend of his for lunch. The food was amazing and the woman who was 53 years old had met 10 foreigners her entire life. We we 4 of the 10. Storm provided all the translation and some very nice heated rice wine. My wife toured the house ane the farmer set off fireworks to celebrate our visit.
We also went to the Ming Tombs which were very nice. I did accomplish my goal to stand on the Great Wall.
The hotel is very first class. The breakfast that can be included is very good. The staff does speak some english but communication can be difficult with bell hops. I would recommend this hotel and Storm to everyone for a visit and tour in Beijing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing, an Award-Winning hotel, is conveniently located in Guanganmen commercial and civic area, adjacent to the new Municipal Government Office Building and is within a stone's throw from Beijing's Financial Street. The hotel is close to tourist and shopping attractions such as Wangfujing, Oriental Plaza and the Forbidden City. It is 10 minutes drive from the West and South Train Station and 45 minutes from the Capital Airport.The hotel has 322 contemporary guest rooms, including suites and two floors of Executive Club rooms, all equipped with wired and wireless broadband internet, speaker telephone and multi-language voice mail. With a 640 square meter, pillar-free ballroom and 8 other function rooms ranging from 35 to 176 square meters, the hotel is an ideal venue for business meetings and social functions alike. All the meeting rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities, built-in work station, wireless broadband connection and video conference facilities. The hotel's professional meeting team will ensure every event a success.The hotel also provides other facilities like business center ticketing and tour desk, kiosk, car rental, concierge taxi and limousine service, baby sitting service, karaoke as well as a Mini Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotel.de, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Central Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel Beijing
- Holiday Inn Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing