I've stayed at this hotel before, and returned because the Executive club floor is a great value. For those of us who grew up in the U.S., the Holiday Inn is not known as a 4 or 5 start hotel, but they are a completely different story in Asia. First, understand that these hotels are not generally owned by Holiday Inn, the corporate entity. The owners of each property have a licensing agreement for the Holiday Inn name--which is kind of the bad news as it leaves lots of room for differences in levels of quality, and I'm not sure who puts the start ratings on these properties (see my review of the dismal Holiday Inn Temple of Heaven). This is a 4 star hotel, but the management clearly understands the concept of service and is committed to providing an American business traveler what they need.
Here are the little things that are nice. Always a doorman to greet you and take charge of the baggage. Very efficient front desk staff that has your paperwork ready and recognizes that you are a returning guest...simple nice gesture. Room has adequate lighting, a good desk and chair, free wifi, tea and coffee, a full length mirror, a magnifying mirror in the bathroom, and rain shower. One of my favorite things...a choice of pillow types. The shower walls could use a workout with a can of Comet to meet my standards, but the grunge was in a place you would not touch....just wish I hadn't seen it!
The executive club floor has everything you need from WIFI to a meeting room, adequate breakfast and a nice cocktail hour with a variety of food...and NO SMOKING allowed! The staff in this room is really well trained to assist you with every business need you might have, plus they deliver this service with such enthusiasm. I needed help tracking down a fed-x package and TWO women went to work with abandon doing everything from looking up the tracking information to phoning Beijing Fed-x...something that would have been interesting for me to attempt with my limited command of Chinese language.
Checkout is fast and efficient in this club room as you would expect. I would compare their service to the level we've received in the 5-star China World at which we've stayed many times.
Breakfast buffet is also great. Cooked to order food is available if you prefer. On our last day we lost track of time and arrived right as they were breaking down the buffet, but they graciously helped us fill our plates with food we wanted and didn't rush us out or say - NO, we are closed. Again, great customer-centered service. There is a nice restaurant on the property called Zen. We had every intention of eating there one night, but after a beer and some nibbles in the executive club just headed to bed!
There is a great fitness center, and of all things...a golf driving range! Kind of a strange thing to find at an inner city hotel...guess some entrepreneur realized that it would be a nice thing for a bored business traveler!
There is probably only one drawback...location. It's a big out of the way, but taxi rides are still cheap by comparison to other major cities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing, an Award-Winning hotel, is conveniently located in Guanganmen commercial and civic area, adjacent to the new Municipal Government Office Building and is within a stone's throw from Beijing's Financial Street. The hotel is close to tourist and shopping attractions such as Wangfujing, Oriental Plaza and the Forbidden City. It is 10 minutes drive from the West and South Train Station and 45 minutes from the Capital Airport.The hotel has 322 contemporary guest rooms, including suites and two floors of Executive Club rooms, all equipped with wired and wireless broadband internet, speaker telephone and multi-language voice mail. With a 640 square meter, pillar-free ballroom and 8 other function rooms ranging from 35 to 176 square meters, the hotel is an ideal venue for business meetings and social functions alike. All the meeting rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities, built-in work station, wireless broadband connection and video conference facilities. The hotel's professional meeting team will ensure every event a success.The hotel also provides other facilities like business center ticketing and tour desk, kiosk, car rental, concierge taxi and limousine service, baby sitting service, karaoke as well as a Mini Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotel.de, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Central Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel Beijing
- Holiday Inn Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing