“Lanterns & great food”

Book In Advance
More Info
$19.00*
and up
Private Night Tour: Discover Beijing in Bustling...
Ranked #152 of 1,622 things to do in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Lined with billowing red lanterns, this busy all-night food boulevard stretches more than a mile-and-a-quarter and is lined with more than 100 restaurants featuring local cuisines from the different provinces.
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Good combo!! :) we had dinner at one of the restaurant there, food is great!! We had crunchy spicy shrimp and of course duck! Very easy to reach thru subway and affordable! You should try it!!

All reviews
"dongzhimen"
in 5 reviews
"yuan"

Reviewed July 7, 2013

It is just a street with a bunch of restaurants, true, but if you're looking for dinner, this is a great place to eat. I ate at a restaurant that I can't remember the name of, but it was next to the super packed one where everyone was sitting outside eating pumpkin seeds. The menu was extensive and had English and nice photos. I had an appetizer, and entree, and a 500ml for $8 -- and it was all absolutely delicious. Great service, too!

1  Thank Shannon S
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I came to Gui Jie for a taste of spicy bei jing food for dinner after long day of tours and city strolling.
Contrary to it's name--from the train station, I can see bright lights and as I walk along the street, lanterns hung in long lines welcome tourists and locals. Full of life!
Since I was alone and it looked like restaurants that offer these spicy food are packed with groups of friends and families, young and old alike, I opted to dine at a seemingly trendy, chic restaurant named "Party Base". It offers variety of skewers -- one of the best I tried of course is the lamb skewers and sausage skewers. I matched it with warm milk tea perfect for winter, pork rice, and spicy stir fried noodles (surprisingly it tastes good in tomato sauce and some leeks!). It's worth the price and younger folks --students and yuppies-- patronize this place.
I checked out the long stretch of Gui jie, and there are small stores and shops to try some fancy desserts and pastries, bargain for good finds --clothes, shoes, scarves, cute hair pins and bands, bags, etc.
I could have stayed longer for some beers but it's quite late and I need to catch to the last train schedule.
One of my favorite places in Bei jing. It's worth a visit for every first timer if you can spare time for sight seeing city attractions at night. I'll be back and bring along some friends!

3  Thank BoyAndLolit
Reviewed May 27, 2013

A lot of Sichuan Style restaurants can be found along the Ghost Street. If you like spicy food, here is a good choice.