“Relaxing, great views, lovely park and gardens”

Jingshan Park (Jingshan Gongyuan)
Book In Advance
Ranked #15 of 1,616 things to do in Beijing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Located on the highest point in Beijing City, this park was built in 1179 during the Jin Dynasty and today provides visitors with sweeping views of the Forbidden City located below.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Within 5 minutes walk of the Imperial Palace Museum (Forbidden City), take the underpass to cross the road and for 2 RMB take a walk around this very pleasant park. There's a hill to ascend by steps and you'll see a couple of beautiful summer houses/villas (I'm not really sure how to describe them - see the pictures!). At the top there are amazing views of the Forbidden City. Spend about an hour here: walk around, walk up, admire the view, take some photos, walk down. It might not sound much but I really enjoyed it!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,524)
All reviews
in 170 reviews
"peonies"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed January 23, 2013

You have to climb the peak & you'll get a great view of the Forbidden City. You'll notice when you reach the highest temple, alot of people are yelling on top of there lungs, not sure why but I tried it and I had fun doing it.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Come at dawn to see all the seniors doing their daily exercises! Fun to watch the public dancing classes and various other hobbies. Close enough to other things to make it your first stop of the day and then continue on.

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

The best dinausor exhibition I ever saw. The dinausors roar and move in turns. And park not too crowded which is a plus inBeijing. Does any one knows if the exhibition will still be running in July 2013? Please let me know.

1  Thank joco1964
See more reviews
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I could hardly stand the cold. Like my toes, my breakfast bao's (or buns) from the local hutong's were losing their warmth. I imagine any other time when the weather is warmer, it would be great to snack on local food while taking in the sights of the Forbidden City. The view (although a bit hazy at the time) is truly majestic! I had a local friend take us there in the morning, when there were hardly any others round. It wasn't long before we gobbled up our food, started to feel our ears freeze, and take a few unobstructed photos before groups arrived in the same space. With less than 6 hours on this first trip to Beijing, we made this, a visit to Tiananmen Square, and brief walk-though in Forbidden City a must. Great Wall will have to wait until warmer temperatures.