“Excellent”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Excellent Italian food in Beijing, or should I say Sicilian. It's manager/chef, Stefano is really nice and his team cooks excellent authentic italian plates. Pizza, pasta, risotto, tiramisu.. everything is great. Price is not low, but its totally worth it. We were staying at the Renaissance hotel (where the restaurant is located), and tried it the first night. We came back the second and third night. Excellent.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

A recent business trip gave me an opportunity to travel to Beijing and have dinner with my son who lives in Beijing. Staying at the Renaissance Capital Hotel Beijing we decided to try the Fratelli Fresh Italian restaurant on the ground floor.

Upon being shown to our table we were immediately greeted by Chef Stefano who pulled up a chair and proceed to chat as though we were old friends. Asking us to close the menu he proceed to offer a personalised selection of food. A vibrant and enthusiastic personality Chef Stefano is like a maestro conducting his team of kitchen chefs like an orchestra. This in itself an entertaining sight.

Starting with soup followed by a spicy calamari pasta the interim course of a mandarin sorbet with cranberry was outstanding. The main of King Prawn and Chicken Parmigiana were beautifully presented and twice as delicious. Being already full we declined dessert but accepted Chefs own special limoncello. A smooth and potent aperitif that must be tried.

I wonderful personalised dining experience that is a credit to Chef Stefano.

Thank you Chef!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have eaten at many restaurant’s in Beijing, and typically, I stay away from Hotel dining. However, during a recent stay I tried the Italian Fresh restaurant at the Renaissance Hotel in Beijing. To my delight I found the Operations Director and Chef to be fantastic in customer service and support, his name is Stefano Balduccie. I am one of the few who people that is from Italian heritage, 2nd generation, and have difficulty digesting onions. The Chef was speaking to another table of 8 and making recommendations when I caught his eye. He stopped by and asked if he could be of service. I explained my condition and asked for his recommendation. He said that I could have most dishes and he would just leave out the onion. Oh my, what a wonderful experience. He made me a seafood risotto and it was great. I again ate there for dinner at another night during that stay and received the same fantastic customer support. I would not hesitate to eat at this restaurant for its service, flavor and freshness.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Chef Stefano Balduccio is the heart and soul of this Italian restaurant. He is talented and eager to make recommendations on the food and wine to make your evening memorable. I eat in a lot of restaurants while traveling around the world so i get to experience the good, bad and great! Chef Stefano's energy and flair is evident in the food he prepares and the combinations he conjurs up. I went back today for lunch and he invited me up to the table overlooking his kitchen. It was great to see the different ingredients and feel the buzz of a maestro as he make my meal memorable. Good selections of steaks, fish, pasta and pizzas. Whether you are coming hungry or just looking for a light meal. There is something in Chef Stefano Balduccio's fratelli fresh restauarant for you.

If you get to beijing stay at the Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel and have a wonderful experience.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Heard from someone its best,and experienced best what a pizza they served the aromatic are delicious service is very friendly and one of the best wine selection view is best in town