“Don't waste your money”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

It's a beautiful restaurant with nice ambiance. Good place to take a date, but don't go there for the food. Relatively dull.

2  Thank ballab1

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The basic food (pizza, pastas) is usually fine at Fratelli (their Italian restaurant). This time I ordered a plate of "Iberico Pata Negra" ham. This type of ham is usually expensive, specially in Beijing as it is imported.

I was served a generous plate of ham, but first sight did not look to me like Iberico Pata Negra. Same with the taste, decent ham but NOT Iberico Pata Negra.

I asked one of the gentlemen in the service team who confirmed this was what I had ordered. My doubts were too strong, so I approached one of the Chefs (they have an open kitchen), who also confirmed it was pata negra. He showed me a piece of frozen ham and a brochure, showing me that was the one, but nowhere it was mentionned pata negra or iberico or whatsoever.

After paying the bill, I insisted again and finally a Chef and a service lady came to apologize saying that the supplier could not deliver Iberico Pata Negra anymore, so they were serving another ham instead. They were kind enough to aopologize, but never offered any compensation. They were hoping they could change the menu at some point! As if this is normal to order lobster but being served shrimps instead.

This is totally not acceptable for a restaurant, this is cheating the customer, stealing his money, and taking for granted that you can substitute items without informing the customer as hopefully he will not realize!

I have lost all trust in this restaurant. Please be careful when you order something there.

2  Thank AJLH
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The basic food (pizza, pastas) is usually fine at Fratelli. This time I ordered a plate of "Iberico Pata Negra" ham. This type of ham is usually expensive, specially in Beijing as it is imported.

3  Thank AJLH
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Fratelli Fresh has become my go-to restaurant during a 3-month stay in Beijing. The menu has so much variety that I easily eat here more than once a week. I have enjoyed every dish that I have tried, including wood fired pizza, simple pasta dishes, seafood, and wagyu beef filet. I am definitely impressed by Chef Bill!
The prices are reasonable considering that the restaurant is located in a hotel.
The Italian manager, Eleonora, goes out of her way to make every guest feel welcome. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have been living in Beijing for over 2 years and since Ivan the Italian Chef left, I was very skeptical about going back to Fratelli Fresh at the Beijing Renaissance Capital Hotel, but I was wrong, the moment I walked through the door the new fantastic Italian Manager Eleonora warmly welcome me and made me feel home... She also recommended a very traditional version of my favorite pizza "Margherita", and was simply delicious, same for the Filet Mignon, great beef quality and tender to melt in the mouth, the Tiramisu at the end was absolutely perfect, with right mixture and flavors...

2  Thank francesco j