“Excellent food!”
Review of Baihe Vegetarian

Baihe Vegetarian
Ranked #150 of 12,741 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: http://www.theveggiebus.org/beijing.htmlhttps://www.google.com/search?q=Baihe+Vegetarian
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We loved this restaurant. I am a vegetarian, but my husband is not. However, he ordered some kind of "pork" pancake and he said if he hadn't known it was vegetarian, he would not have guessed. Food was very tasty, lots of choices, including vegetarian versions of many different meats, so a non-veg person would enjoy the food here. We loved it!

There are newer reviews for Baihe Vegetarian

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Interesting menu - trial and error us the only way. The dumplings were 'stand out', the vanilla pancakes are great (they are not sweet!), dry stir fried shredded beef (actually mushroom) was wonderful... Wouldn't bother with the curry again (not bad but just average).

Great venue - really 'cute'.

The wait staff we're friendly but had almost zero English language.

Well worth finding!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Baihe is a beautiful little restaurant. You are lead through was appears to be a tea house to a quaint little restaurant. The menu is set out very well and includes colour photographs with english descriptions. Not all the staff speak english but they do try very hard to satisfy any requests. We were extremely happy with the service!

We had vegetable seaweed wraps, dumplings, spicy satay noodles and 'hamburgers'. It was all very good. Although the serving sizes are quite small which was ok for us as it meant we could try more things. My 2 year old LOVED the dumplings. He couldn't get enough.

We would definitely return here and I would recommend to any vegan/vegetarian travellers.

2  Thank VeganMummy
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Baihe (Lily) is one of my favourite restaurants in Beijing. It's an elegant restful place with attentive service. A class above other vegetarian restaurants like Xi Xiang Zhai (currently number 11 on TA), Baihe is less predicable, more of an adventure. Also the best possible place to detox after too much Beijing duck.

The menu includes some unusual dishes, some of them quite expensive, but there's also a lot of reasonably priced food. Suchang 'sausage' is recommended, also crispy layered panacake with thyme. The plum tea (with crabapples) is wonderful.

2  Thank Skakagrall
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stumbled across this at the insistance of a friend who had looked for veggie food for me, as I had given up. Beautiful calm ambience hidden away in a very unlikely looking alleyway. Chinese books and herbs in the entrance, and a traditional old feel to the whole place. The food was excellent though some of the descriptions might baffle a vegetarian (vegetarian pigs' intestines was a dish I couldn't bring myself to try!). However, everything we had was superb - easily beating soem five star hotel 'vegetarian' food.

1  Thank Scott L

Been to Baihe Vegetarian? Share your experiences!