See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 22, 2018

Disappointing start to our China Tour in Sept 2018. Hotel was quite austere. Very unfriendly staff who generally spoke little English. Room was very small and cramped. Breakfast was a joke - very poor, in a dingy dark room, no tablecloths/napkins, little in the way of cutlery (!) and signs telling us not to waste food!
Not much Western food for Breakfast. Location was not very nice so not a great welcome to China. Supposedly a 4 star hotel - at best I would give it 1-2!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2017

A nice hotel in the antique area of the City. The rooms are a little tired and need renovating and on the upper floors seem rather small for a 4* hotel but the communal areas are well kept and very smart.
The rooms were clean with a good bathroom with a bath as well as a shower
Quite unusual to find condoms in the glass fronted fridge??
The food in the restaurant is lovely – shame that the delicious yoghurt was not always available at breakfast but there was always plenty of choice of Western and Asian cuisine

Date of stay: September 2017
3  Thank SurreyGirl27
Reviewed August 29, 2016

Entering the hotel, the lobby looks fancy, there is a nice though overpriced bar, there are shops, a pool and a gym. Pool and gym open at 7 AM, which did not leave me much time to use them. The room was small but comfortable. Staff were not very good with English but tried to understand my needs (the latter, unlike the rest of Beijing). Banquet rooms and conference room also looked fancy (I participated in a conference there). As to food, there are (mostly Chinese) options, but day to day there is not much food variation. If you like coffee, remember it's tea country. You may have better luck finding good coffee elsewhere. I might give it five stars, but location is not great (on the other hand, it's very close to a subway station and you can get around fairly easy).

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2016

I did not like this hotel. I thought the room was too small or that there were too many items of furniture crammed into it leaving space for only a double sized bed. The room smelt of cigarette smoke and I saw people smoking in the hotel corridors. There were however, thoughtful gestures e.g. bathroom scales, flip flops for the bathroom, liquid to wash out clothes, there was also a computer to use but this was impossible due to the language barrier. We did have to send an email which the reception staff helped us with, they were extremely helpful (gmail and hotmail are difficult to sync in China). The carpet in the room was awful I felt that I couldn't walk on it with bare feet, luckily the hotel provided white slippers so problem solved. There was also a mini bar that could not be accessed (a key was needed) which was a shame as this would have been handy to use as a fridge. The beer cost a fortune in the hotel bar and the beer was warm so we only drank there once. There were no bars in the area. The area was safe to walk around at night but it was very run down and in a very poor residential area in my opinion. There was a supermarket over the road from the hotel which was okay. We bought our beer from there at 4.3 yuan for a large bottle of local Tsingtao. As we were part of a tour, the room facilities didn't matter too much as we were hardly in the room, however, I do think these are in need of an upgrade. Breakfasts were nothing to write home about.

Room tip: Try to get an upgrade
Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed August 4, 2016

It was nice to find that we had booked into a good class hotel. The reception area was modern and bright and the facilities were great. There was a pool, sauna, table tennis, pool and a good social bar. The rooms were clean, spacious and modern. everything I needed really.

Date of stay: July 2016