“Highly Recommended Hotel, included in China Spree Tour” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Plaza Beijing Science Park

Park Plaza Beijing Science Park
Ranked #79 of 6,445 Hotels in Beijing
Montreal, Canada
“Highly Recommended Hotel, included in China Spree Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Location: The hotel is situated near restaurants (Pizza Hut, Subway, 7-11, KFC, etc.) and are all walking distance. It is near the train station, too.

Hotel room & amenities: The rooms that my friend and I had on the 11th & 12th floor were really nice, clean, and the 2 double size beds are comfortable. However, I prefer the layout of the 12th room floor than on the 11th floor. Soap, shampoo, shower cap, and sewing kit are provided. The hotel room is the same as in the U.S. Housekeeper will clean/make your room everyday. As the customs in China, we did not leave any tip BUT at the end of our stay, I handed our tip to the staff personally. She was very happy and I thanked her in her language.

I was really surprised when we had our breakfast buffet. The hotel provided a wide array of Western food. Chinese and other Asian noodles are also provided. This is the best breakfast buffet that I ever have and seen. You can request for an all white omelette. The food is really great.

Hotel staff: The front desk staff are courteous and helpful especially Erik who helped our group tremendously. The staff at the breakfast buffet were helpful and very attentive to our needs. On our first day at the buffet, I requested the staff to group several tables and chairs to accommodate 13 people. On our 2nd day until our last day in the hotel, he had already group several tables and chairs for us. Because he went above his duties (his co-workers too), I handed him a generous tip to split with his co-workers.

I was not able to see the exercise room because I was already so tired when we get to the hotel in the evening. All I wanted is to go to sleep and rest my tired feet.

Overall, I really highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you will be on China Spree Tour, I suggest that you make an advance request.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TerryManns, General Manager at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear lilitz91,
Thank you so much for your kind response regarding your recent stay at the Park Plaza Beijing Science Park Hotel. I am encouraged that you were comfortable and that you enjoyed the Food & Beverage available within the hotel and that our staff were very accommodating and helpful.
Great to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back should you visit Beijing again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We went on a 8-Day tour of Beijing, China with China Spree Tours and stayed at this hotel. The Breakfast was amazing and all the service was the best. The hotel was clean and they provided everything an american traveler could need. The only difficulty we ran into was one of the key cards kept having to be reprogrammed, it never seemed to be able to open the door to our room. I spent a lot of time in the gym on the 3rd floor and it was nice but not many people used it except us. Over-all I'd have recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TerryManns, General Manager at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear befranklin,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Park Plaza Beijing Science Park. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
To advise, the hotel has undergone a number of significant physical improvements over the last 3 years with further improvements planned for 2014. We hope that you have an opportunity to experience these positive changes in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel was great. Good location, situated next to a Subway station that will get you to either Line 10 or Line 13 with ease. Made for getting around the city very easy.

Hotel accommodations were excitedly well above average. My party was very happy with our stay. Front staff was always willing to help out with locations, recommendations, etc.

Only slight drawback on the experience was room noise and thermometer setting. Street noise was a little loud for our liking (although it is a bustling city so that is somewhat to be expected). Also, the room thermometers did not seem to adjust anything, which, at times, left our room quite hot. It was easily manageable by opening a window - but still.

The breakfast buffet downstairs was actually really good, would highly recommend it if you are staying in the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TerryManns, General Manager at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Plunktu,
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay ay the Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, we are greatly encouraged that you enjoyed your time with us.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again should you visit Beijing in the future.
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Checked in here as part of the China Spree group. Between me and my family members, we stayed in 6 rooms. Initially, our 2 rooms on the 5th floor had a really horrible sewage smell and it scared me that the whole hotel was going to be like that. But as I checked the other rooms on the other floors, it turned out that only the 2 rooms on the 5th floor had the horrible smell. I tried to get a room change for the 2 rooms on the 5th floor but the lady on the front desk was not in the greatest of moods and we also had a language barrier as she spoke 20 percent English and 80 percent Chinese. She said there is nothing she can do until the next day since the hotel was full. Then we met Erik (front desk supervisor/manager) He spoke really good English and went out of his way to help us. He immediately moves the rooms from the 5th to the 11th floor, and made sure that our other 4 rooms were moves to the 11th floor the next day so our whole family could stay in 1 floor. This was really helpful since you need key cards to go to different floors so this made accessibility within our groups easier. Erik was also really helpful in changing our currencies and setting us up with Chinese SIM cards for our phones. I tried to discretely hand him a tip for this service which was really top notch and above his description of duties but he even declined the gratuity. I don't really like leaving public reviews but this seems like the least I could do to compliment Erik :)

All the other staff at the hotel (except for the 1 Chinese Lady in the front desk) had a good attitude and always helping with a smile, even though they spoke very minimal English. The hotel was clean, the bed was very firm, but comfortable, the breakfast had a wide selection of western and eastern food (omelet station and wonton soup station), there was free WIFI all over the hotel and guest rooms, convenience stores and restaurants within a few meters outside the hotel, subway station within 5 minute walk.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay in this hotel, just make sure to avoid rooms in the 5th floor, unless they have already fixed the problem with the horrible smell just on that particular floor.

Room Tip: Avoid the 5th floor. Front side of the hotel had the most light and good view but you are facing th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TerryManns, General Manager at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Paul S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Park Plaza Beijing Science Park Hotel. To advise, the bad smell you encountered on the 5th floor was a temporary problem which was resolved. Plumbing issues in China are unfortunately quite common and we deal with them promptly when they occur. We are encouraged that most of the staff you encountered were friendly and were able to assist you when assistance was required. Your comments regarding Erik are greatly appreciated and will serve as motivation to him and the Front Office team. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel is easily my favorite hotel in Beijing. Location is very near the office and near the Zhichunlu station.

I've been staying at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park whenever I go to Beijing.
As I have said over and over, I am really happy with their service and, considering the price, I do find them better and more helpful than some Radisson Blu hotels which is really great.

However, I have to point out some things where I had problems during my most recent stay this 11/16-11/19.

I am giving this review so that the hotel would know the issues I had on my recent stay and, hopefully, improve more.

1) The keycard given to me upon checkin is not working. Fortunately, the always helpful housekeeping was on the floor at that time and let me in. I think that the staff should double check if the keycard is working or not before giving it to the guest.

2) They assigned me to room 923, the tile in the wall on the right side facing the toilet is cracked and may cause injuries.

3) There were "used complimentary water bottles" in my room. I am assuming that the previous occupant left it there and the housekeeping forgot to remove it and replace it with a new one before I checked in. I called the front desk immediately to inform of this but we had some trouble initially since she thought that I am asking for additional bottles of water but we got through it. Housekeeping was immediately there and gave me 2 complimentary water bottles.
In my opinion, this should never have happened though.

4) I always love using the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi on the 3rd level. I have been using it from 11/16 to 11/17. However, on my last night on 11/18. I went to the sauna and it was off so I asked the girl attendant in the fitness center to turn it on for me. She went to the sauna and looked at it and told me that it is broken/not working so I cannot use it.
To be honest, I didn't believe her that it was broken. I think that she just doesn't know how to turn it on (which is a shock since she is the attendant) so she just opted to saying that it doesn't work rather than check to the front desk or someone to open it for her.
This is quite frustrating for me but I let it go.

That's it for this time. I'll be back again at this hotel sometime this December and, hopefully, it will be a better experience ^_^

Room Tip: Better to get rooms on the higher floors
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Allan Martin A
TerryManns, General Manager at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Allan,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent visit to the hotel. As a regular guest at the hotel you will be aware of the many positive changes that have taken place in the hotel particularly over the last 2 years with major renovation works undertaken and an overall elevation in standards of service delivery. It is therefore hugely disappointing that there were a number of service lapses during your stay and for this I apologize as this clearly detracted from the overall enjoyment of your stay. Please be assured that I have addressed the issues which you kindly brought to my attention and appropriate action has been taken to prevent a reoccurence. Thank you again for your continued support for the hotel which is greatly appreciated. We look forward to your next visit in December.
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I came here in a group of 40; it was an office away day to Beijing, and it's safe to say that the hotel handled our stay very comfortably.

The lobby was a cozy atrium with a very homey coffee shop in the middle of it. Suitable for late night hangouts and light meals.

The rooms were quite spacious and very clean. We were given double bed rooms and were satisfied with the room conditions and the comfort we get from them.

The breakfast was great and came with a variety of menus. It isnt exactly Chinese cuisine, but fresh and satisfying at best. On the last day where our group had to take an early morning flight, the hotel provided 40 boxes of breakfast with a wide range of food in them. Truly dependable.

Many of the staff did not really speak fluent English, neither were they too friendly, but they get the job done right whenever we need their assistance.

Overall, this hotel has given us a pleasant and comfortable stay during our stay in Beijing. For the price it offers, the hotel surely delivers more.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TerryManns, General Manager at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear MPandu,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Park Plaza Beijing Science Park. It was great having you stay with us and it is pleasing that your overall experience seems to have been positive. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here for a week on a business trip. The room was clean, and a buffet breakfast with a lot of variety in foods was provided. But mostly, the staff was excellent. They were helpful in every way, especially the concierge staff. They called a taxi for me each morning, and told the drivers (who didn't speak English) where I needed to go. Location was good for where I worked, and there was a 7-11 and ATM around the corner, plus the subway entrance was nearby. The only uncomfortable aspect was the room was too warm. Apparently, the government regulates both central air conditioning and heat, so there wasn't much the hotel could do. They did bring me a fan on request, which helped a lot. I would stay there again on a business trip.

Room Tip: I would try to get a room on a lower floor during this time of year (November) as it might be less w...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LLRose
TerryManns, General Manager at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear LoreenL2013,
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Park Plaza Beijing Science Park. I am encouraged that the team were so responsive especially the concierge department who typify the 'Yes I Can" spirit in the hotel.
Great to have you stay with us and we look forward to your next visit