This hotel is easily my favorite hotel in Beijing. Location is very near the office and near the Zhichunlu station.
I've been staying at Park Plaza Beijing Science Park whenever I go to Beijing.
As I have said over and over, I am really happy with their service and, considering the price, I do find them better and more helpful than some Radisson Blu hotels which is really great.
However, I have to point out some things where I had problems during my most recent stay this 11/16-11/19.
I am giving this review so that the hotel would know the issues I had on my recent stay and, hopefully, improve more.
1) The keycard given to me upon checkin is not working. Fortunately, the always helpful housekeeping was on the floor at that time and let me in. I think that the staff should double check if the keycard is working or not before giving it to the guest.
2) They assigned me to room 923, the tile in the wall on the right side facing the toilet is cracked and may cause injuries.
3) There were "used complimentary water bottles" in my room. I am assuming that the previous occupant left it there and the housekeeping forgot to remove it and replace it with a new one before I checked in. I called the front desk immediately to inform of this but we had some trouble initially since she thought that I am asking for additional bottles of water but we got through it. Housekeeping was immediately there and gave me 2 complimentary water bottles.
In my opinion, this should never have happened though.
4) I always love using the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi on the 3rd level. I have been using it from 11/16 to 11/17. However, on my last night on 11/18. I went to the sauna and it was off so I asked the girl attendant in the fitness center to turn it on for me. She went to the sauna and looked at it and told me that it is broken/not working so I cannot use it.
To be honest, I didn't believe her that it was broken. I think that she just doesn't know how to turn it on (which is a shock since she is the attendant) so she just opted to saying that it doesn't work rather than check to the front desk or someone to open it for her.
This is quite frustrating for me but I let it go.
That's it for this time. I'll be back again at this hotel sometime this December and, hopefully, it will be a better experience ^_^
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Plaza Beijing Science Park features 388 well appointed guest rooms including 28 suites, providing contemporary, comfortable accommodation. 5 Outstanding restaurants and bars present the best of Asian and Western cuisine and for business there are 12 fully-equipped meeting rooms. Conveniently located in Zhongguancun - Beijing's Silicon Valley, surrounded by scientific institutes, universities and hi-tech companies and within easy reach of many of Beijing's cultural and historical sites. Easy access to the CBD, China National Convention Center and Beijing Capital Airport, 2 minutes walk to Zhichunlu subway station lines 10 and 13. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Plaza Beijing Science Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Beijing Science Park Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Park Plaza