“Great experience for our family!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Beijing
Ranked #108 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at this Radisson for 10 nights, due to adopting our son from Beijing. It was a great experience! The buffet breakfast had a wide variety of choices for our US tastes- waffles, omelets, potatoes, fresh fruit, cereals, all sorts of breads, juices, etc.as well as a section for our son with congee, dumplings, fried noodles, etc.
There is a Carrefour (like our Walmart) just a short 2-3 minute walk away, and a grocery store across the street in the basement of the building with the Starbucks. The first four floors of that same building had a great department store where we found some additional clothing for our son.
The rooms are a little dated, but the staff is great and all very friendly, especially the front desk and concierge.
There are hot pots in the room (since cant drink the tap water) and they leave two comp bottles of water a day, plus tea and very good instant coffee.
We were one of the only families there, because the hotel is next to a large convention center, but we loved exploring the area- and with a Pizza Hut and McD's within walking distance, we were fine when we needed our fast food fix over the ten days.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Beijing

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed there for 5 nights. Lobby is dark and unimpressive. Rooms generally quiet, clean and functional. Great service -- staff very friendly and helpful and speaks English. Super breakfast. Good location. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked 22 night at booking.com for Radisson Blu in Beijing. The price was 840 RMB per night. When I arrived at the hotel I got an offer to upgrade to the club for 450 RMB per night wich I accepted.
The room was dirty. Not the bed cloth, and the bathroom, but the walls and the decoration was dirty. The first day I cleaned it by myself. The toiled was broken, and the flush didn't work any of the days I stayed at the hotell.
But the big dissapointment came when I checked out.
The price I got was just for first day. The rest of the days had various prices. Some days over 2000 RMB per night, and all of them above the price I got from the beginning and what I thought I would pay for the stay. When I asked why, I got the explanation that the price varies regard to the how much the hotel was booked!
The total sum for the 22 nights were more than 40.000 RMB. It was really terrible! What a fooling!
I moved to Sheraton Great wall instead. I got a good price, much lower than Radisson, and the quallity of the Sheraton hotel is SO much better.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Asa D
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Lobby area poor first impression, very dark, staff disinterested. Rooms very tired and in desperate need of refurbishment. Carpets threadbare and badly stained, toilet didn't flush, safe not working. Bed situated at very strange angle, difficult to sleep. Curtains old and not blackout.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank torero5
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have over the past three years stayed at Radisson Blu Beijing 4-6 nights a months. The Reception and bar area have just undergone an refurbishment, probably not the best outcome but at least something is happening. Rooms are all in need of urgent refurbishment and some of the cooridors looks more like a two Star hotel and not what you expect from a hotel in the Radisson group. I use the gym ón each visit and it's resonable but need to be extended as it's cramp with more than 3-4 persons in the room, why not use one of the squash rooms as they are never in use. Pool is neat and clean. Breakfast is very good. Staff is generally Nice and helpfull.

Room Tip: Rooms ón 11 floor and up are generally better but all bathrooms are dated and worn out.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I spent 5 nights here. Check in and check out procedures were fast; personnel at the reception were kind. Room quite big and clean with a wide window, furnishings not recent but OK. The bathroom was OK too with various kit available (shaving, soaps, sewing, mineral water, etc).
The position was perfect for my needs because the trade show center is behind the corner (two minutes walk with direct access).
The gym is small but with all you need for a base training session; the swimming pool is OK. You can have your bathrobe, locker and take a shower.
Wi-fi did not work well (not at all in some moments) for the first 2 days; next 3 days a little bit better but still not good enough.
Restaurants in the hotel are good, I had dinner at Huang Du Restaurant and The Grill; breakfast with all you need and very kind staff. Bar is OK too with outside tables available (due to pollution probably you will not take a seat outside for a drink).
Shopping center and Starbuck right across the street.
Positive aspects:
Very close to trade show center
Good breakfast
Negative aspects:
Poor wi-fi signal

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michele B
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here on business for one night. Upon arrival it was apparent that the lobby area was undergoing refurbishment and sections were boarded off with artificial walls. This was an unavoidable maintenance issue and my stay was not affected by this renovation. I wish the same could be said for the staff and the room itself.

I found the reception staff to be emotionless, blunt, impolite and far from warm. I entered my room to find a carpet so stained I was unaware of its natural colour, old fashioned décor and a tired looking bathroom. The only thing which helped me cope with a night in such a depressing and dirty room was the large, high quality pillows and adequate duvet. The photos of the various rooms are quite misleading and I was given a room in which the bed was placed on a diagonal angle and there was a strange mirrored wall behind the headboard. Quite different to the photographs on the website.

The walls are incredibly thin in this hotel and I could hear every single movement of my fellow guests. I could also hear noise in the corridor which began in the morning and continued all day until past midnight.

I would urge the managing director of the Radisson group to stay in this hotel for one night and see whether they feel it lives up to the high standards of other Radisson hotels.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business