“Worn out”

Ranked #125 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Seattle, Washington
“Worn out”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Fifteen years ago the Holiday Inn Lido was an expat center, one of the most popular spots in Beijing. Many businesses catering to foreigners were located in the neighborhood and it was a nice, fun place to stay. Much has changed. Holiday Inn sold to Metropark. Rooms are worn. Cleanliness and service have dropped. It's ok for a low price and a short stay, but if you return expecting the Lido you may have experienced on a prior trip 10-15 years earlier, you will be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
graceliu0701, Sales & Marketing at Metropark Lido Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us in Beijing.
We have learnt that you are lido’s old friend for about 15 years’ old from your comments. On January 1st 2011, the hotel changed the name to Metro Park Lido Hotel, and began to be control by Metro Park Hotel management group which is owned by HK CTS. Change is happening at the lido hotel, from holiday Inn Lido hotel to Metro Park Lido hotel, but our room facilities, service and our dedication to making sure that your stay is still as comfortable and relaxing as possible!
At lido, our mission is to completely delight and satisfy our guests. We are committed to making a difference every day; continually getting better to keep us the best. Only by candid comments such as yours are we able to identify opportunities to continue to improve on our products and services. I am extremely disappointed to read that we failed you with our service promise and would like to kindly offer you to discuss our short comings with you in detail should you be willing to do so. Please feel free to provide me with your contact details to my personal e-mail: graceliu@mplido.cn and I will be happy to contact you at your convenience.
Warm regards,
Grace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was the first hotel we ever stayed in China - part of a 17 day adoption trip for us near the end of 2012. The hotel's lobby is nice, and the morning breakfast buffet is superb! The rooms we standard, which was what we expected.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
graceliu0701, Sales & Marketing at Metropark Lido Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Guest,
Season’s greetings from Metropark Lido hotel Beijing!
On behalf of our entire team at Metropark Lido hotel Beijing , I would like to sincerely thank you for staying with us at the end of 2012.
It is always a great pleasure to receive positive and encouraging remarks about our services and breakfast such as yours. We are delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us. We will certainly share your report with all our colleagues and we are convinced that accolades such as yours will entice them to further improve their services.
Once again thank you for your report and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Lido Hotel.
Kind Regards!
Oakland City, Indiana
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of weeks last year. It's an older hotel and you could even see some places where they had yet to take down the "Holiday Inn" logos from the previous owner.

The rooms are kind of tired looking but well-appointed and had everything I needed. Staff were nice and helpful. Dining was good as well but I would definitely venture off the grounds as there are plenty of good places within walking distance of the hotel. One of the bars in the hotel was pretty shady and not the sort of place I'd want to hang out in

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Warm greetings from Metropark Lido hotel (Former Holiday Inn Lido)Beijing !
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.
We would like to thank you for having chosen Lido as your preferred accommodation in Beijing and your positive comments regarding our rooms, location and the friendliness of our colleagues. On the other hand, we were disappointed to learn that one of our bars did not exceeded your expectations. So shall we know the Bar's name and the details? We sincerelly hope to receive your reply which will entice us to further improve our services.
Again, thank you very much for your detailed report and should you return to Beijing we would love to welcoming you back to Lido!
Kind Reagrsd!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights in Sept. 2012. The hotel was pretty average, and not really impressive in any way except for that it's in a good location. When checking in, the reception hardly spoke any English and the check-in process took about 25 minutes. I was tired from my flight, and that was unacceptable. Nobody offered to help me with my bags or even show me to my room, and I got lost because I went down the wrong corridor.

The breakfast was reasonable , but not special in any way. I know it's buffet, but none of the waitstaff even offered to bring me a coffee.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable and quiet.

There are restaurants and pubs nearby, and it's in a nice area. Taxis are very hard to get if you want to go anywhere, and the hotel staff is not helpful in finding them.

Basically, I'd say that if you're in Beijing on business and your office books a hotel for you, this will do, but if you have a choice in the matter you can probably find something better. I wouldn't stay there again if I return to Beijing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
graceliu0701, Sales & Marketing at Metropark Lido Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for having chosen to stay at Metropark Lido Hotel Beijing recently and for sharing your experience here.
I am sorry your stay did not live up to your expectation. I am disturbed that nobody offered to help you with your bags or even show you to your room when you were checking in.This is quite unusual. The bellby of the The luggage department usually ask a taxi if the guest need.
All in all, I regret the poor impression we left you with, but do hope you were able to enjoy the wonderfully exciting city of Beijing.
Kind regards,
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had stayed in Lido for 3 days during my visit in Beijing. Rooms were clean and neat. Overall stay experience was comfortable.Helpfull & courteous staff. What i find bit difficult was restaurant and shoping areas are a bit complex to locate.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
graceliu0701, Sales & Marketing at Metropark Lido Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your recent holiday in Beijing. We are absolutely delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

We were particularly happy to read that we truly made a difference during your stay. One of the key factors motivating us to be courteous and caring is to know that our guests truly apreciate our hard work and efforts. Your feedback has certainly done that.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience and we do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I visited BJ for one night trip . I used to live in Beijing for many years, and realized that this is the perfect hotel to access to wherever you want to go in this big city.The only problem is; the building is quite old.
However,for shopping and eating out, everything good is in walking dsitance. Besides, huge shopping mall was built nearby recently.
I would choose to come back when I visit Beijing next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank chinazuki
graceliu0701, Sales & Marketing at Metropark Lido Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent trip to Beijing and are delighted to learn that we were able to live up to your expectations.
I hope you had an enjoyable remainder of your trip through China and we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the not-too-distant future.
Manila
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while attending a conference (so I'm relieved that I didn't have to pay).
The room was clean and very well maintained. However, it did have a faint cigarette smell, but very faint. The bed was probably one of the most comfortable I've ever been on - no kidding.
For some strange reason, the house keeping like to change and launder regardless of the do not disturb sign or the fact that I want to adhere to their pleas of saving water and re-using towels - strange.
Make sure you get the breakfast buffet. A great selection.
Just behind the hotel you have some stores, a few bars, a starbucks and a great Indian restaurant.
The location is within 20-30 of the airport and well located to the main attractions.
The hotel staff are helpful, polite and are reasonably knowledgable about the local area.
Another thing to mention is the security - All guests are given a room card which is required to use the elevators so if you're being chased by a gang trying to steal your lunch money, you can easily get away.

Across the road of the hotel is a number of bars and restaurants so if you get tired of the hotel, you can check them out.

Take note, that during rush hour the area near the front of the hotel can get congested, but it's not as bad as some other parts of Beijing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
graceliu0701, Sales & Marketing at Metropark Lido Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear guest,
Firstly, Thank you very much for haveing taken the time to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor.
We really feel sorry about thecigarette smell. Please accept our apologies, and I have addressed your concern with our House keeping Manager and ensure you we will implement all measures to prevent a similar incident from happening.
At the same time,we hope that this incident will not prevent you of staying with Metropark Lido hotel Beijing in the future.
Warm regards,