“Smaller and older Hilton belies impeccable service”
Review of Hilton Beijing

Hilton Beijing
Ranked #49 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
Liverpool, New York
“Smaller and older Hilton belies impeccable service”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

As a regular guest at Hilton properties, in my view, I consider this the best Hilton anywhere. So I was sad and happy to stay here again. Sad, since the General Manager, Michael Nagel, passed away from a long illness.Fantastic soul. Happy that the hotel has not missed a beat under Stefan Schmid. The hotel may be small for China, and shows the age. But the service continues to be impeccable without being artificial. Little touches that make a big impression- they take care to observe your habit to replicate the second day without asking. Coffee or drink just as you like it. James Bond would have loved getting his Martini stirred not shaken every time.

Room Tip: If you can, try to get one in the tower. But really all rooms are fine
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Stefan S, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear DrParticle,
Greetings from Hilton Beijing!
Thank you for posting your review of Hilton Beijing, we really appreciate the feedback and insights from your recent stay with us. I am pleased that my team's outstanding service highlighted your stay again. Thank you for your ratification of the Hilton brand. Only with comments positive or negative we are able to improve our services on offer.
In the meantime, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.
Stefan Schmid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dalian, China
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I really had an excellent stay in Hilton Bejing( SanYuan Qiao), it was one of my best hotel experience ever! The location is great, it is in the city center and also closed to the airport( 25 minutes for me to go to T2 around 17:00Pm Sunday). Service is very good and the breakfast is awesome!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Qian X,
Greetings from Hilton Beijing!
Thank you for posting your kind review on Tripadvisor, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests. My team and I are very delighted to get your encouraging feedback regarding to our convenient location, good service and awesome breakfast, all of which have highlighted your experience with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back, should your travels bring you back to Beijing in the near future.
Beijing, China
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been a regular customer over the years and have noticed in a recent stay how things have changed due to the arrival of the new general manager. Staff morale has declined as nobody likes him and this is evident in their attitude. Breakfast is on the decline, getting a pair of slippers takes forever, mistakes on the bill.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Stefan S, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Bond G,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience during your recent stay in our hotel.

I do apologize that we were not able to meet your expectation. Unfortunately, I do not have your details when you stayed with us to investigate your feedback further. Only with comments, either positive or negative, from our guests we are able to improve our quality and services on offer. Therefore I appreciate if you could send me more details to my personal email stefan.schmid@hilton.com or as you are living in Beijing (according to the tripadvisor profile) I am delighted to meet you in person if your time permits.

I am looking forward to hear from you with additional information or welcome you in our hotel in the not distant future.

Kind regards
Stefan
Keith, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

we stayed there for six days we really enjoyed our stay. our first time in beijing, my husband and I were the only tourists in the hotel it did not put us off we met really good people and the staff were fantastic. our first day was a bit scary as we could not get any money from the atm we were rather worried, but a quick phone call home we were using the wrong bank no problem after that. the food was really good and it was worth paying the upgrade. taxis very cheap but we did get ripped off coming from the airport only use the real taxis. just press the magic button on the phone in your room and the staff will be really helpful, it was lovely our tea and coffee delivered every morning on a tray my highlight of the day. sorry we took the adapter home with us my husbands fault.

Room Tip: we were on the same floor as the restaurant
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear riccop27,
Greetings from Hilton Beijing!
Thank you for sharing your insights on your recent visit to Hilton Beijing, we really appreciate your generous feedback. It is very pleasure to learn that you and your husband enjoyed the stay here.
Thank you for commending my team members for their fantastic and helpful service, it is encouraging for them to know that they have highlighted your experiences with us. We are sharing the various feedback related to taxi services with the various taxi companies as well as the Beijing Tourism office in order to improve the service offered in Beijing.
Thank you again for sharing your insights and we look forward to having you with us again, should your travels bring you back to Beijing in the near future.
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed there for one night, as it was close to my meetings and close to the airport highway as I had a very early morning flight. I did not expect much from the Hilton Beijing as I know its a quite old Hotel for Beijing standards, and my expectations were met. The staff was friendly and helpful but tried to sell upgrades, upgrades, upgrades, which I did not want. The room was quite outdated and smelled a little, as I spent the whole day out and had to get up at 5am next day, I did not say anything as in most cases like this nothing will and can be done anyway and its a waste of time. I could have stayed for the same amount of money in the Westin across the street but this somehow slipped my mind. If you do not expect too much and are happy with a 3-4 Star Hotel and paying the rate of the 5 Star place the Hilton is the best choice, otherwise just look for another option and there are plenty in Beijing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pulleyo,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing with us your recent experience.
I do apologise that we were not able to meet your expectation during your last stay. I have shared your comments related to the up-selling with the concerned department head and the necessary training has been arranged to be considerate during the check-in period. You may be happy to know that our hotel will be upgraded and renovated on regular intervals to create a better environment for the guests. We will strive to continue doing our job well and make sure your next visit remains memorable.
We look forward to seeing you again and continuing to extend our Hilton hospitality experience to you in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I am a gold Hilton member and have been gold or platinum for years and look for Hiltons wherever I travel. This was a great hotel and a good starting point for our 4 nights in Beijing on holiday. The staff could not have been nicer, the executive lounge was one of the best I have experienced, the hotel is 5 min walk from the subway and right on a major highway. If I have a complaint it is that there are not too many restaurants near the hotel as it is in a business area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear daveloflin,
Greetings from Hilton Beijing! Thank you for making Hilton Beijing your preferred hotel in Beijing. Your regular patronage and loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Gold member is of great value to us, and we are glad that you enjoyed our executive lounge, service and location. The team and I are looking forward to seeing you again and continuing to extend our Hilton hospitality experience to you in the future.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was my fourth stay at this property and I was never much a fan for various reasons so I wasn't too excited about returning (My business chooses the hotels). But I was very pleasantly surprised.
There was a group of us checking in and they were well prepared for us with all counters open and plenty of staff to help make check in as fast as possible.
I can't fault the staff at all here, the staff are always friendly, professional and helpful.

The rooms are not huge but big enough for one and are comfortable and clean. The rooms are a bit older but well maintained. They now have wi-fi in the rooms which is a relief as it used to be in the lobby only.

The buffet breakfast is really good with a great variety of local and western food, and as with everywhere else in the hotel - the staff are fantastic.

The location is a bit boring, there is not much around which is why it is more of a hotel for the business travel rather than leisure. But - the best duck restaurant is just a few minutes to the right of the hotel.

Overall, all the issues I used to have with hotel seem to have been fixed as the hotel makes itself a bit more modern so I left pretty happy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lisa_WLG,
Greetings from Hilton Beijing!
Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Beijing, we appreciate your feedback and insights. We are glad that you were comfortable during your stay. My team and I are very delighted to get your encouraging feedback regarding to our room cleanliness and the warm hospitality of our team members, as well as that you have noticed some changes versus your previous stay.
Once again, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and we are delighted by the prospect to be able to welcome you back in the near future.