“Polite Staff and Good Location”
Review of Hilton Beijing

Hilton Beijing
Ranked #50 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here for business summer 2012. Room was spacious, with a balcony and urban view. Smog and heat meant being out in balcony was not practical for more than a glance.

Bed was comfortable, breakfast good with decent takeaway coffee in lobby.

Office I was at, was a 10 minute walk, with good path and crossings all the way.

Staff were polite and friendly.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor or one away from the main road. Windows and sound proofing are good, so any roo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Simon A, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Seven22,

Greeting from Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for staying with us in your business stay and sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to learn that our room facilities and cheerful service made you a comfortable stay here.

We look forward to seeing you again and continuing to extend our Hilton hospitality experience to you in the future!

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I enjoyed the rooms high up at this hotel, with a great room and bathroom. The smog though rather spoils the view, which is a shame. Great location. Staff arranged a taxi for me to go to the Great Wall and palaces and even wrote in chinese the names of places I wanted to see.

Room Tip: take a business room, they are good size.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear SnuffyNomad,

Greeting from Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for your generous review and compliments of Hilton Beijing. My team and I are very delighted that you enjoyed your travel stay in Beijing with us, also we are glad that our cheerful service and location made you a comfortable stay here.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went to Hiltion Beijing Hotel yesterday. I put my car in parking, then wanted to go through the passage to went to the lobby. Because I saw there is a instructions show the way to lobby by this door. I went to push the door, but maybe it's too heavy, I couldn't open it. At that time, two men in uniform come, asked me where I want to go. After they knew I want to lobby, they told me the door can't go throught and I need to go outside to lobby. I just want to leave, a woman go through that door. I asked her how can I go to lobby, she show me the door and make sure it can go to lobby. After that I go with the instructions success to lobby. I'm very angry. How can the two stuff of Hilton do this? Is that the standard of service? I need to apologize.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank shengnan0212
Simon A, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear shengnan0212,

We are sorry to learn that your recent stay with us fell below your expectations. We really appreciate your valuable feedback which greatly helps us as we continually seek to deliver the optimum products and services expected of a Hilton hotel. Your comment has been passed to the team, and they have already looked into this case and taken necessary measurements such as promoting new trainings on how to make better communication to reinforce our service standard and procedure.

We apologize once again for your disappointing experience but nevertheless hope for another opportunity where we may deliver a better experience to you.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed for 2 weeks in December 2012. Had another great experience at a hilton hotel, service was fantastic, rooms were very roomy and clean and it had a great gym downstairs. Its also very close to the airport and very large selection of food at breakfast. Its about a 10 minute walk to a shopping center connected to the Lufthansa center which has a wide range of restaurants and supermarket.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Simon A, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Zeal34,

We're very glad to learn that your recent stay at our hotel was a pleasant one and appreciate you for sharing your feedback with others on TripAdvisor. Please rest assured that we will continue to uplift our service level and make sure your future visit remains the same memorable.

Thank you for sharing your insights and we look forward to having you with us again, should your travels bring you back to Beijing in the near future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in late May as part of a tour group. This hotel was your typical Hilton - everything was fine, nice rooms, comfortable bed - I really couldn't find anything to complain about. The buffet breakfast had a huge selection of fare and catered for both Asian and Western cuisine and of course the mandatory eggs cooked anyway you like it.
About 400 m up the road is a large shopping centre complete with supermarket which sells beer and wine. There is also a German beer hall out the back where you can enjoy some fine beer and food. But Be careful of pedestrian crossings in China - I have found that the paint on the road is purely for decorative purposes only!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richarddownunder

Dear Richarddownunder,

Thank you for your generous compliments of Hilton Beijing, we are delighted to learned that our services and facilities made your stay enjoyable!

My team and I truly appreciate your positive feedback on your 3 nights stay with us, which encourages us to continue delivering the premium personalised service that is synonymous with the Hilton name.

We look forward to continuing to delight you with our Hilton hospitality on your next trip to Beijing.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We arrived late evening, check in was good.visited this hotel 14 years ago so decided to go back there. Our room was on the 11th floor it was a nice room with nice working area and couch but a little shabby in places. The bathroom cabinets had chipped wood. The wardrobe had dirty marks on them, and the sound of the traffic was so loud. We stayed here for 4 days and the sheets or pillowcases were not changed in that time. 2 of the days the teas / coffee were not filled up, and when I asked for an extra dressing gown (only 1 in the room) the maid just folded the original one away.
We had room service on the first and last night. I ordered a chicken sandwich which came without any chicken at all it was in fact it was more like a BLT. We asked for mayonnaise this never appeared.
Had drinks in the lobby bar it was nice but so expensive. Breakfast was fine also found from previous reviews that your food get moved before you have finished eating this happened to us.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julie r

Dear julie r,

Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts and insights from your recent stay with us, we very much appreciate your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting up to your expectations.

We take all guests' feedback seriously and please be assured that immediate actions are taken to increase the quality of our products and services.

Thank you for choosing our Hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Business trip traveller, here. You'll find everything you would expect, with also a nice choice of dinners in the house.
The standard look of big hotel chains makes it a bit of a non-place, but if you are able to overcome the feeling, it is just a nice place to be your base if you have to travel in Beijing. Poor internet connection, but I suppose it has something to do with the national situation rather than on the hotel per se.
Just one con... In my staying whenever I asked for a taxi I had to wait a long time outdoors. I mostly relied on subway and bus, which both hasd nearby stops and have been ok 90% of the time.

Room Tip: If you are willling to do so, you can probably negotiate a better room than the one you reserved wit...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Botty_Genova,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Hilton Beijing!

We sincerely appreciate your kind feedback for the Team and they will continue to seek improvements into bringing service delivery up to the next greater height.

We have also taken note of the feedback for the internet connection and taxi taking problem. We are working closely with the relevant parties to minimize any inconvenience. We thank you for the kind understanding with regards.

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation, we look forward to be of service to you soon.