“great hotel”

Ranked #48 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Sydney, Australia
“great hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was very happy with the overall experience I had in this hotel. The staff were very professional and friendly, very helpful.
Room was beautiful, clean, big and with a really nice decor. Bathroom huge and nice.
Executive lunge is amazing,with free WiFi, nice breakfast and snacks.

I really enjoyed my stay there and would definitely recommend .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Simon A, Director of Operations at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Bribie79,

Thank you for making Hilton Beijing your preferred hotel for business and pleasure!

My team and I are delighted that our food, facilities and service continue to highlight your stays with us.

We appreciate your recommendation of the hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The staff is friendly and helpful. But some of them are not very professional when I called the hotel 10 days after checking out about the missing stay in my hilton account, someone didn't even know what a stay means. But she is still patient and figured that out and called me back. :-)

However, the management is just terrible. The hotel said the swimming pool will be reopen for the time during my stay; however I was only to be told that the swimming pool is still under construction during that period. This is not something should be happen: they shouldn't make a promise that they simplely cannot meet and then change it.

The room at the executive wing was fine, but the lounge was terrible. Only coke and cookies during regular time.....Are you kidding me? Is that an inferior United's airport lounge in the US? I mean, lots of lounges in Holiday Inn in China are better than that. Well, perhaps they just don't really care about food service, and I hope Hilton Wangfujin does better on that or hilton's food service must be very sad in Beijing.

I don't know what's wrong with the air conditioner. I set it as I always do in other hotels, but the room got really hot in the night.

one star was deducted for the problem of swimming pool, or they'll get a 4/5.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear chenris,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Hilton Beijing.

We appreciate your candid review on our service and amenities and apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. You will be delighted to know that our Health Club has opened, with the brand new facilities and comprehensive services, the Health Club incorporates both comfort and professional operation into its services.

We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit the area so that we may show you the quality hotel experience you expect and deserve.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Chose this Hilton because of the proximity to meetings and family. Beijing traffic being my main concern. Next are the business amenities offered and the quality of service provided. While you may not receive the pampering one gets at a Conrad, Four Seasons, etc., service received here I found to be excellent. Stayed in the executive tower with access to the executive lounge. Was always treated very kindly and never ignored. Rooms are spacious, bathrooms are great and have a separate shower. The tub is probably the largest tub I've ever seen. Able to lie down completely and have a nice soak while watching TV. Everything in the room functioned perfectly without difficulty. The wi-fi was excellent. Television & DVD were clear and easy to use. Bed was very comfortable. The safe was large enough to fit a 15" laptop plus. Room was serviced quickly by housekeeping. The concierge desk were most helpful in printing directions, hailing a taxi, carrying your bags. Advantage of staying in the executive tower is that you check-in and check-out at the executive desk on the 3rd floor.
Overall, a delightful 2 day stay.

Room Tip: Don't bother considering what you can see outside from your room. The clear days in Beijing are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Simon A, Director of Operations at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear notoftheworld,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Hilton Beijing. Your many wonderful compliments of the hotel are sincerely appreciated. I am delighted to see that you were happy with service you have got from the team and with our facilities.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Tianjin, China
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for one night while attending a function near the hotel. The room rate was ok but did not include breakfast.
I was offered the usual upgrade to the club floor for exta cash, when I refused they offered me the chance of breakfast for just over 200rmb about 20 GBP. After refusing this I was presented with my room rate minus tax to sign. At this point I was offered breakfast for about 10GBP.
The room was very comfortable and clean. The deli in the lobby was quite good for a snack at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Only small bottles of water available for free in the room. The water for sale is around 8GBP. Take...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Simon A, Director of Operations at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Paul G,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Beijing, it was a pleasure having you with us.

We appreciate your feedback on our hospitality. And it is delightful to know that you were happy with what our coffee shop, Caffe Cino, has to offer, and that you found the room was very comfortable and clean.

Once again, it was our pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back, should you return to Beijing soon.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was expecting so much more from a Hilton! I just stayed there for two nights.

At check-in I asked about WiFi and was told that if I purchased it separately it would be quite expensive, but for only 300 yuan (about 50 dollars) I could get a room upgrade, breakfast and WiFi. It seemed like a good deal so I said yes. I was not sure what the room upgrade consisted of, as the room I got was quite basic. It was nice enough, but on the small side. I guess maybe the fact that it was on the top floor was considered to be an upgrade, but seeing as how there are no spectacular views, I am not sure why this would be the case.

The concierge woman spoke very little English and was not helpful at all when I asked about sightseeing tours.

Breakfast was quite good and had a very nice selection of Western and Asian foods. This was probably the best part about the hotel. Except, every time you got up from the table they cleared it. One day I got up to get some more juice and when I got back to my table, my entire plate of food I was eating was gone!

After roaming around Beijing all day I really wanted to get a nice massage and maybe a facial, but the SPA center was closed because of the May 1 holiday, so I decided to lounge by the pool instead.The pool was terrible. It was shockingly small, in a tiny room (I don't believe I ever saw a pool that tiny, in any hotel, anywhere) and - get this - there are a total of 4 lounge chairs by the pool! Four! When I was there, ten people were trying to use the pool area (and 6 had nowhere to sit or leave their stuff). Next I wanted to use the sauna. As I was walking in, a woman who works there questioned me about where I was going and suggested that I use the steam room instead. When I said that I really wanted to use the sauna, she let me into a room that was 40 degrees Celsius, with a door that didn't close properly. This is not a sauna by any means, but I stayed a while because it looked like she turned something on when I got in and the room was getting warmer. The temperature climbed to pathetic 60 degrees Celsius and just as I was starting to relax she actually came into the room to ask if I was ok. I guess she felt I stayed in there too long!

The worst part was checking out when I found out that my 300-yuan room upgrade actually cost 680 yuan (the 300 yuan was per night, plus some 80-yuan tax - none of which was told to me at check-in when the guy totally made it sound like it was going to be 300 extra yuan for the whole two-night stay! And BELIEVE me, I NEVER fuss about money!)

All in all, the hotel is not TERRIBLE, but not worth the money, especially since there is so much competition around (like the Westin, which is right across the street!). The place is a very low end of a four star hotel and I know for one that I won't be staying there next time I'm in Beijing (which will be in 3 weeks). In fact, I will think twice about staying at another Hilton.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank majakelly
Simon A, Director of Operations at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear majakelly,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Beijing, we are sorry that you were disappointed with your experience with us.

We have reviewed your feedback in-depth and whilst we are glad that you found the our breakfast spread was satisfying, we recognize that our service could have been more attentive and discerning. As we know you have a choice of where to stay, we regularly review our pricing, services and facilities offerings. Your feedback has been shared with the team for the necessary corrective action.

We sincerely hope that there will be another opportunity to deliver a better stay experience to you, should you return to Beijing in the future.

Paris, France
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This Hilton is probably one of the oldest foreign business hotel in Beijing. Regrettably, hotel management standard actually got worse when compared to 10 years ago, in stark contrast to all new businesses hotels in Beijing...

Check-in was a bit of a wait because another guest needed change from the front desk. Could see the change procedure took 3 staffs... Executive rooms (paid for it, not an upgrade) are in the new wing (the round building you see in the picture). Room was really stuffy for an end of April day, so called the "Magic" line who insisted 5 minutes on the phone that the air-conditioning was working properly, only to have the engineers to come up to admit the truth: air-conditioning was not on at all so you had better open the window!

During the day that does not trouble me much, but with the traffic right outside of the window (see photo - executive room guests get the privilege of being much closer to the road so you hear the traffic much better), how is one supposed to sleep at night?

No need to set up a morning call at this hotel, as at 5am you are sure to be waken up by the sunshine coming into the room, as the curtains have a big slit on the TOP that there is no way to remedy as a client - see pictures. (Sun rises early in Beijing, mind you)

Breakfast is usual Hilton fare, nothing to report. But the concierge was a phenomenon. The chief concierge will continue taping on his cell phone while the client is waiting, because it is obviously not his job to serve the client (seems like only junior concierge is supposed to serve clients)... Impressive dismal service that beats many chinese state-owned hotels...

Room Tip: Save the money and take up a normal room, instead of an executive room
4 Thank accident_tourist
Simon A, Director of Operations at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear accident_tourist,

Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts and insights from your recent stay with us, we very much appreciate your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointing experience with Hilton Beijing.

We are sorry that the we did not fully meet your expectations in some areas. As we continue to make plans for future enhancements of the hotel, we will take into consideration your valuable feedback.

It was a pleasure having you with us; we sincerely hope for another opportunity to welcome you back again.

Bordeaux, France
Reviewed April 26, 2013

As usual,
Each time I am flying to China, I really enjoy staying at Hilton Beijing.
The location is very central, close to downtown and close to the airport.
The rooms are great, clean, and the restaurants are fantastic with a great wine list and superb values. Chateau Lacombe Noaillac was my favorite.
When you are travelling in China for 2 weeks it is great to come back here.

1 Thank Pierre C
Dear Pierre C,
Greetings from Hilton Beijing!
My team and I thank you for your kind review of Hilton Beijing, we are glad that the hotel and our service met with your expectations.

It is good to know that you enjoyed our bustling location in the business and diplomatic district. And we are pleased to learn that you were comfortable in our guest room, and happy with F & B offerings.

We hope to see you again and extend our warm hospitality to you when you next return to Beijing.