This Hilton is probably one of the oldest foreign business hotel in Beijing. Regrettably, hotel management standard actually got worse when compared to 10 years ago, in stark contrast to all new businesses hotels in Beijing...
Check-in was a bit of a wait because another guest needed change from the front desk. Could see the change procedure took 3 staffs... Executive rooms (paid for it, not an upgrade) are in the new wing (the round building you see in the picture). Room was really stuffy for an end of April day, so called the "Magic" line who insisted 5 minutes on the phone that the air-conditioning was working properly, only to have the engineers to come up to admit the truth: air-conditioning was not on at all so you had better open the window!
During the day that does not trouble me much, but with the traffic right outside of the window (see photo - executive room guests get the privilege of being much closer to the road so you hear the traffic much better), how is one supposed to sleep at night?
No need to set up a morning call at this hotel, as at 5am you are sure to be waken up by the sunshine coming into the room, as the curtains have a big slit on the TOP that there is no way to remedy as a client - see pictures. (Sun rises early in Beijing, mind you)
Breakfast is usual Hilton fare, nothing to report. But the concierge was a phenomenon. The chief concierge will continue taping on his cell phone while the client is waiting, because it is obviously not his job to serve the client (seems like only junior concierge is supposed to serve clients)... Impressive dismal service that beats many chinese state-owned hotels...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 20 minutes from Beijing Capital International Airport and located in the bustling and well positioned Chaoyang business and diplomatic district. Host your corporate meetings or special events for up to 500 Guests in one of 12 spacious and elegant function rooms and enjoy professional planning advice and services. Relax in one of 502 spacious guest rooms or upgrade to a room in the Executive Tower and benefit from upgraded amenities and enjoy complimentary drinks and snacks in the exclusive Executive Lounge. Keep fit in the fitness centre then plunge into the hotel’s pool before relaxing in the sauna. Try an exercise class, or simply relax with a soothing massage. Hilton Beijing offers four unique restaurants and bars from a morning wake up with fresh tea or coffee at Caffé Cino, indulge in an authentic South East Asian meal at MAKAN kitchen, experience our grill house, serving up western cuisine at One East, or relax and recuperate with a pre-dinner drink at Tonic Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hilton EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Beijing Hotel Beijing
- Hilton International Beijing
- Beijing Hilton International