“Being at home”

Ranked #48 of 6,449 Hotels in Beijing
Singapore, Singapore
“Being at home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Always stayed at the Hilton bj. Really amazing everytime and everyone is courteous. Stayed at the executive room for being upgraded. Will only consider Hilton in future.

The rooms felt very cosy and just everything you need is there. If there isn't you can ask. The wifi is fast as well and best still the gym that is newly open. Full fledge workout station. Best of the lot.

Very well done!

• Stayed March 2013
Michael N, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear benetay,

Thank you for your generous review and compliments of Hilton Beijing, it is always a pleasure when our guests enjoy comfortable and seamless experiences with us.

My team extend their heartfelt thanks for your special mention of their hospitality and service. It is very rewarding to learn that their warmth made you feel at home with us. We are also happy to find that our Health Club and Executive Room were among the highlights of your stay.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Michael Nagel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I’ve been using this hotel on my occasional visits to Beijing for more than a few years. I’d really love to give 5 stars because the employees try hard and mean well. In the past, I’ve generally found the staff to be friendly, attentive, and helpful - with functional English skills. Further the Hotel has the amenities, restaurants, fitness center, pool, bar, etc., one would expect in a property of this level.

On my latest visit, I noticed the service is slipping; and the rooms, when compared to other similarly priced properties, are getting long in the tooth. One thing I noticed is that most of the front staff could not speak enough English to help with basic questions or tasks. This led to problems with reservations and one major snafu that resulted in a member of our party being forced to stay in another hotel, which was needless to say, very inconvenient.
My check-in, which I did at the executive lounge, was very positive, friendly, and efficient; and the staff communicated well. So we had very mixed experience.

On a positive note, the bar and restaurant staff I dealt with seemed much better trained than the desk and bell staff, very attentive and well spoken.

The Gym has been upgraded recently and sports all new Precor™ elliptical trainers, treadmills, and stationary cycles. In addition there is a large area with free weights and resistance equipment. For this I applaud them because fitness is important for me and many frequent travelers, I will not stay in place if it does not have at least a halfway decent exercise facility. This is now a really nice and modern fitness facility.

The rooms are getting old; I noticed staining on carpets, loose faucets, and just a rundown appearance. The décor is very dark in general and needs to be updated to a more modern standard. Also the day I checked in the outside temperature was round 20F, but the rooms were sweltering hot; it felt like 80F inside the room - and stuffy. Unfortunately there was no way to cool the room, even with the wall thermoset set to cool, it just kept blowing warm air, and it was not comfortable for sleeping.

The courtesy desk in the executive lounge, which is supposedly available 24 hours for check-out, was not staffed when I tried to check-out at 5:45am. Not a tragedy, but don’t advertise a service if you don’t plan to provide it.

Final note, the prices keep rising every year and the hotel is no longer competitive with the newer hotels of similar service range. I found three other hotels of similar quality in the areas, including the Sheraton that were 10% to 40% lower in price.

When you put all these factors together, I will think twice before I will book here again. This makes me sad because in some ways the hotel feels very familiar like an old friend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Simon A, Director of Operations at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear FargoJim,

Greetings from Hilton Beijing!

It is our pleasure to be your home away from home for the last few years! Your continued patronage is important to us. Whilst I am sorry about the service you experienced falling short of your expectations. Please rest assured that our team is using your feedback to reinforce the importance of delivering consistent personalized service that all our valued guests deserve.

I am glad to learn that the 1,100 square meters New Health Club exceeded your expectation. With the brand new facilities and comprehensive services, the Health Club incorporates both comfort and professional operation into its services providing an exclusive environment for our elite patrons to relax while achieving their ultimate fitness goals.

Thank you for staying with us and for your constructive feedback. My team and I hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to extend the true Hilton hospitality that the team strive to deliver.

Simon Amos
Director of Operations
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Hilton hotel located on Dongfang Road is a great business hotel. Upon arrivel the door staff were pleasent and helpful as were the reception staff. Our room was located on the 7th floor and was clean and well laid out. A plus for the hotel is that they have plug sockets for many international travellers so no need to us adapters. The room has all the amenities you would expect and the bathroom was a lovely size. We visited a few restaurants around the hotel and all were lovely. The breakfast and luch buffet at the hotel had every imaginable food you could want and it was difficult to decide some days! I would happily recomend this hotel for travellers exspecially for business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael N, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear VRichards1980,

Greetings from Hilton Beijing!

It was a pleasure having you with us, thank you for your kind review.

Our reception team extends their warm appreciation for your compliments to their service. They are pleased to have contributed towards your positive experience with us. We are also happy to find that our breakfast buffet spread and guest room conditions were among the highlights of your stay.

Vancouver (Canada)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The newly renovated gym and pool are finally open for business. The pool actually got smaller due to the added jacuzzi. It would have been better to put a smaller jacuzzi in the changing room along with the sauna and steam room, and make the pool bigger. Overall, a very nice job.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Michael N, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear AKLVancouver_Canada_,

Greetings from Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts on the new Health Club. My team and I are heartened to learn that the Club left you with a positive impression.

Thank you again for your insights. We look forward to your next stay with us and to extending once again the great stay experience that we always endeavour to achieve.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

As part of my move to China for an extended period of time, I needed to stay at a hotel until my apartment was available and I selected the Hilton Hotel located at Dongfang road due to its location and amenities, but the experience has been far above and beyond what I have received from any hotel I have stayed at in the past.

Room: Very spacious and comfortable, especially for a longer stay – includes walking closet. Very clean. Bottled water provided every day at no additional charge. Friendly cleaning staff and quick turnaround for laundry, amenities requests or in room meals.

Executive Lounge: Superb service, the staff is very friendly, always looking to serve you. I had my birthday during my stay at this hotel and the staff got me a cake and sang happy birthday to me. Then, they learned that I could not eat the cake they got me because it had peanuts and I am allergic to them and they ordered a cheese cake for me and delivered it to my room. They practice Chinese words with me every day, translated documents for me and provided details of places to visit. One day, I asked one of the ladies about the masks used by people in the streets and she took upon herself to buy one for me and delivered to me the next day. She bought it with her own money. That is what I call service! If you come and visit this hotel, please visit the Executive Lounge. The COO comes around in the evening to greet people and find out if there is something he can do to make your stay even more comfortable.

Gym: Excellent renovated gym with warm water pool and whirlpool. The other day I went to just do my regular exercise and one of the staff asked me if I was going to use the pool today (I have been using the pool a lot) and I mentioned to him that I won’t use it today since my back was hurting me a little. He took the initiative to contact one of the personal trainers expert of Pilates and when I was done with my exercise the personal trainer gave me individual support to do some Pilates exercises and to stretch.

Special activities: the hotel also organizes activities to keep all of us entertained. During my stay that included: Lion Dance of Spring Festival and A pancake race prior for Carnival

Overall: Very spacious and clean facility with great staff and service, easy access to city activities and places of interest, close to subway station number 10 and easy access out to the airport. This hotel was home away from home.

Tanya QM
Wisconsin, USA

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael N, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Tanya_QM,

Greetings from Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for staying at Hilton Beijing. It is a great pleasure to be your "home away from home" and especially to know that your recent stay was a very memorable one.

It is very rewarding for the team to know that our service highlights your stay during Chinese New Year. Indeed, we do our utmost to ensure the best stay experience for all our guests by delivering the Hilton-quality service expected of the hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel has very much suited your stay requirements in terms of its guest room, the Executive Lounge and our Gym. My team are very encouraged to know that their service is so appreciated. Your kind feedback has been shared with our Director of Operation, who together with the rest of the team, always look forward to welcoming you back.

Once again, thank you for staying with us, the pleasure and privilege is very much ours.

Pearland, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is a good choice for business travelers if the office is close by. It has everything a business needs, I didn't see a lot of families staying during my stay. Taxi's were never a problem, subway is about 7-10 min away if you prefer that. There are only a few good restaurants walking distance from the hotel.
The check in was fast and the staff was very welcoming. The executive lounge staff in the morning are very good and attentive, how ever I felt that the staff in the Lounge evening is slow and preoccupied with other work.
The room was good, the bed and pillows are very comfortable. I love the nexpresso machine in the room, just unplug it everyday and then follow the instructions after you plug back in

Room Tip: If you are a non Smoker ask for non smoking room
Dear ravifour,
Greetings from Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for your compliments of Hilton Beijing.

It is very rewarding for the team to know that you were happy with our hospitality and facilities. We are glad that our check in service and Executive Lounge staffs more than met your expectations, your encouraging feedback has been shared with my team, who are happy to be of service to all our guests.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beijing.

Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed 6 nights at Hilton Beijing recently. Location for me was perfect as I had to be in the Shunyi and Sanlitun area.
Stayed in a junior suite which was comfortable and well decorated. No problems with room temperature as some others seem to have experienced.
Breakfast buffet was a rich choice of Asian & western food. Tried a la carte lunch on 2 other occasions, which was not haute cuisine, but perfectly acceptable. Hotel staff was friendly and service minded.

In a nutshell, safe choice for a business trip in Beijing.

Dear Peter C,

Greetings from Hilton Beijing!
Thank you for your compliments of Hilton Beijing. We are delighted that you had a good stay experience with us.

It is very rewarding for the team to know that you were happy with our location in Liang Ma Qiao area and service, we do our utmost to ensure the best stay experience for all our guests by delivering the Hilton-quality service expected of the hotel.
Thank you again for reviewing us and we hope to welcome you back soon.