“Very good hotel in the city”
Review of Hilton Beijing

Hilton Beijing
Ranked #49 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very good hotel in the city”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good location. Excellent service. Very good breakfast buffett. Good bars. Many restaurants, shopping and other within walking distance (shopping malls, markets, Hard Rock Cafe, great German restaurant and many, many others).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael N, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear ramogon,

Greetings from Hilton Beijing!

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I cannot thank you enough for your kind comment, and I will be sure to share your comment on our location, service and breakfast buffet with our hotel team. It is a indeed such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

The entire team at Hilton Beijing look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Michael Nagel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. There is nothing majorly wrong with this hotel but there is also nothing that stands out.
The room is tidy and modern but it is so uncomfortably hot, even when trying to adjust the temperature. This was exactly the same as the last time I stayed here.
The buffet breakfast has a good range of western and local food and there is a cafe in the hotel (worst coffee ever!).
Check in and check out is slow so if you have a flight to connect to make sure you allow extra time.
Location is good and I recommend the traditional duck restaurant a few doors down.
Overall, this is not a bad hotel - it just doesn't have any 'wow' factor or anything that makes it feel like you are in a Hilton.

1 Thank Lisa_WLG
Singapore
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel, although I frequently travel to Beijing. First the good parts. The location is great, in the middle of Chaoyang. Second, the attentiveness and staff training at the reception desk is very good for this class hotel, and approaches that of some of the higher end hotels. But, that’s about the limit of the good parts.

The room itself is decent size and tidy, but tired with almost everything showing signs of wear and lack of maintenance, from the bathroom faucets that fell off to the light switches that didn’t work, to the thermostat which was evidently for decorative purposes only and constantly delivered a toasty 28 degree or so room temperature. Thankfully the window to the room did open a bit, and with the thermostat completely off the temperature was bearable (but of course the street noise was not the most conducive to a restful night. The bed was hard and the bed linen was scratchy. The health club was, as another reviewer noted, temporary, and while adequate, barely so. Aside from the reception staff the other staff seemed pretty typical of the 2 star hotel variety in China.

All in all I would put this hotel on my “avoid if possible” list.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rew88
Michael N, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear rew88,

Greetings from Hilton Beijing!

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us, which is extremely helpful to improve our facilities.

The Hilton Beijing is indeed situated in a very central location within the city and I am pleased to hear that you have found the service level of our front office team to be of a very high standard.

I am very sorry for the shortfalls you have outlined. Please rest assured that your comments are not taken lightly and immediate action has been taken by our team to ensure that similar experience will not happen again.

We at the Hilton Beijing always strive to deliver to all our guests a most comfortable stay and best service possible. Therefore my team and I hope that there will be another opportunity for you to stay with us again in the near future and experience a stay that will bring a smile to your face.

Hong Kong
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Wife managed to get a decent rate for Hilton's executive rooms from Nov 26-30, 2012. Although, we normally stay across the street @The Westin, although in their regular rooms. Things got to a bad start at check-in as the executive rooms check-in are behind the hotel @3rd floor and the signs/directions were no existent. During check-in, the staff (Katherina) was down right rude. Often unresponsive to our comments and seemed beneath her when asking about their extra in-room Internet extra charges. Also, was not able to provide as with our booked smoking room until late afternoon, but offered us a non-smoking room instead. We explained that I will be smoking but she didn't seemed to comprehend why we couldn't stay at a smoking room. It's a sad commentary when their guess are more concerned about the rest of their guess's health then they are (all non smokers beware).

For the rooms itself, they are a lot smaller then @The Westin and @Grand Hyatt. The rooms were definately wear down. Although, it's to my understanding that the executive wing was newly built within the last 2 years. That was one of the reason we initially wanted to stay there because of the obvious building hotel maintenance issues in China. Therefore, was shocked at how warned the rooms were. The bath tub was discoloring and can see the metal at one spot. And the faucet handle was almost at the point of disconnect. But, most unstandable was the heat @ the room. Have spend an hour trying to adjust the temperatures, from Cool, different fan speeds, to plane jane OFF. It's all useless with the room maintaining above 30C inside while it was -9C outside. At the end, found the only solution with fan=low, heat=yes, AND the window open but curtain closed. Ultimately, was not a good solution as the wind from the outside would make LOUD noises AND I came down with a cold. We stayed @this hotel 4 years ago @the normal wing but executive floor before and had the same problem with their heating system. We figured wrongly that it would be the 1st design change at this new wing design.

As for the cleaning service, their staff refuse to replace our shampoos and soaps until we called for it to be replaced. But, most unacceptable was their room's wifi speed which we had to pay RMB$120 extra per day. It was so slow that I gave up and had to use my phone's China Mobile Edge Internet which was faster. I cannot understand how any executive can get anything done with their wifi speed. In fact, I was having drinks my friend's Shangri-La executive lounge and the internet speed there was normal wifi speed. And I had no problem with the wifi speed during my countless stays @The Westin.

The final insult came during our 2nd night and the bath tub faucet handle finally came off @11pm. Rather then fixing it the next day while we were out, the maintenance guys spent 1.5hrs dismantling the whole system and left without cleaning up afterwards. Spent half hr scrubbing the bath tub from their boot prints off before my wife can take a past midnight bath. In the morning, the front desk called and asked whether the faucet was fixed. I quickly said yes, and left it at that thinking nothing of it. At the last night of our stay, found a note which apologize for the late night maintenance and said that it had provided us with a fruit basket for our trouble. I asked my wife, thinking that she has consumed the fruit basket beforehand. But, my wife never even saw a fruit basket. Apparently, it's an ingenious marketing trick to offer something in paper without actually proving it. We mentioned it during our checkout and the staff was very apologitic. Later, got an email from Hilton offering to give us a free room upgrade for the mix-up during our next stay there. But, my wife and I have endure enough @ this hotel. I don't think we can survive another stay here. Next time, will be looking across from The Wedtin and laughing at the reluctant idiots staying at the Hilton.

My advise to Mr. Hilton, stop wasting your time with Paris's entertainment career and just make sure your customers enjoy their stay at your hotels. Unfortunately, it's too late for us, you've lost us for good.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank johnnyay
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Comfortable Western style hotel following usual Hilton formula. Does everything you want from a business hotel but lacking in any real charachter or charm. Service was fine, rooms were OK. Not recommended for tourists looking for a taste of China.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michael N, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Jon39,

Greetings from Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Customer feedback is vital to the hotel, ensuring the hotel team can continually improve hotel services and offerings.

Once again, we thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Decent place, room was nice with the glass desk, couch and good sleeping area. I was generally pleased with the room. The wired internet was pretty spotty even though, so getting a reliable, high-capacity connection was almost impossible.

The restaurant for breakfast was great with a wide variety of food. Zeta bar was fine for an evening night cap and Alice there knew me by the second night and immediately delivered my beer of choice to my table upon entry.

It's just about a mile to Sunli Tun if you're up for some nightlife... but be prepared to walk it as cabs on either end are tough to catch...especially if you're a Westerner.

I didn't eat dinner at the hotel, so I can't speak to the quality there. All in all, I had a nice room on the 22nd floor overlooking the Southern direction and the time I spent there was nice. Nothing amazing, but definitely satisfactory.

Room Tip: 22nd floor has a coffee bar in the business lounge where you can make yourself espresso and coffee d...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michael N, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for your constructive feedback! It is indeed our pleasure to consistently deliver quality service to our guests. We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Your constructive comments have been shared with the team for improvement on areas where we did not meet your expectations, especially the wired internet in guest room. Please accept our sincerely apologies.

All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we will see you again on your next stay soon!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The hotel was a little disappointing. The fitness center, always of importance to me while traveling, was in a temporary location. It was small and limited. Food selections for breakfast were not what I have come to expect when staying at 4-star hotels in Asia.

Room Tip: Room was quiet and adequate.
Dear Frank N,

Greetings from Hilton Beijing!

Nonetheless, we have noted on your comment about our GYM and we thank you for highlighting it to us on the lack of superior service. For your kind information, the GYM renovation will be completed in January 2013, we hope the temporary GYM experience did not deter you from supporting us again. As to the food selections for breakfast, I have highlighted it to our F&B department. We always strive to ensure every guest of Hilton Beijing on business or leisure leave the hotel contented.

We thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Only with feedback can we continue to improve our service standards. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.