Grand Hyatt Beijing
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Haitan Hotel(Beijing)
3,020 results
All reviewschina restaurantgrand cafeforbidden citynoble courtoriental plazabedroom suiteamazing poolpeking duckshopping mallclub levelwalking distanceswimming pool ishigh end mallexcellent locationcentral locationbusiness tripfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Had a wonderful experience from staff to facilities. The room was a 2 room deluxe king that had seperate living room. Was nice for privacy and to not disturb my wife early in the morning.
With the E-Concierge service on their web site I was able to book tours in Beijing and arrainge airport transportaion with no problems.
Front desk was very efficeint and friendly. I never waited more than 30 seconds for someone to assist me.
Dining and food were great but very expensive. Better and cheaper options in the city or in the mall that is connected to the hotel from the lower level. The pool and spa are a must see and do. Do not pass it up.
Overall it was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend for the comfort and location.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Just returned from four nights at the Grand Hyatt Beijing with a group of 21. What a treat for everyone. Everything was in order when we arrived and our bus was met by the staff ready to exchange room keys for passports. The rooms are not as full of little things that one finds in hotels built in the last two or three years such as rainforest showers or iPod docks, but they are spotless and very well maintained. Ultimately, however, it's the location and the service that keeps me from trying those newer Beijing hotels. An easy fifteen-minute walk to Tiananmen Square to watch the flag raised at dawn, wonderful non-touristy hutongs just a few blocks from the hotel, Dong Dan Park across the street with an incredible array of morning activities, and the wide range of restaurants all within easy walking distance. And, if you just want to eat quickly and cheaply before crashing, there's the extensive Chinese food court in the huge shopping center on which the hotel sits. Then there's the unforgettable hotel pool.

Location and service. An attentive staff that knows what it's doing. While touring Beijing on a bus, some in my group decided around noon that they wanted to see FC Barcelona play in the Bird's Nest that evening. No problem. After phone calls to the Hyatt concierge, all twelve tickets were awaiting us when we returned to the hotel at 5:00 PM...plus advice on the easiest way to get to the game from the hotel.

The staff we encountered spoke good English and they were obviously very well trained. It's nice in China not to have one's "cultural" experiences in one's hotel. Just be comfortable and relax before adventuring out for another interesting day in China.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2010

This is the 2nd time we've stayed here with our family. It is a beautiful Hyatt property, attached to the Oriental Plaza mall, on Chang An Jie and Wangfujing. Imagine staying on Pennsylvania Ave. and Time Square. This is a 15 minute walk to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen. The indoor swimming pool is probably the best in Asia. The Made in China restaurant has some of the best Peking Duck and you don't have to take a taxi. You walk out the door and go to a mall if you want a food court or international shopping. You walk right onto Wangfujing which is like walking out on Broadway in Time Square. It is right on the metro too. We stayed in a two bedroom suite, with a living room in between. It was great for a family of four.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank moviemom88
Reviewed July 30, 2010

There are more than one Hyatts in Beijing, and I was told this was the lesser Hyatt. :) In any case, this property lived up to my general expectations of a Hyatt, but not much more. What you will find here is a good quality business hotel with all the standard Hyatt amenities.

The location of the hotel is behind the busy pedestrian shopping area of Wang Fu Jing, which was a bit confusing for my cab driver (don't know why really) so just in case, make sure you have a card with the hotel's address & map handy. It is also connected to a large and modern shopping mall, so if you don't feel like paying for Internet at the hotel, you can hop over to Starbucks to get on line for free (with purchase).

What is worth pointing out is that the breakfast is served in 2 restaurants at the hotel: the big, noisy + crowded 2nd floor buffet restaurant and the small Chinese restaurant on the lobby level. By accident, I walked into the Chinese restaurant the first day, and found it charming and quiet, so I would recommend that to you if you don't like the cafeteria atmosphere.

The service was mediocre. On several occasions my room key was "de-magnetized" (I was told that happens when you place it next to your cell phone), and it took literally forever to get the key replaced. It's frustrating when you see 5 people behind the reception, yet each one seemed to be preoccupied with something or someone other than the guests. Other than that, this is a fine business hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I must start by saying that Beijing is NOT one of my favorite cities so I call this an oasis because it truly provides a relief from the chaos and other things in Beijing. The location is great for visiting Tianemen Square and the Forbidden City- all walking distance BUT I found that it is difficult to walk without being continoulsy accosted by the familiar "where you from?". Might of been just an innocent hello but years of travel has taught me not to talk and walk with strangers in foreign lands. The room was very well appointed as was the bathroom. The food in the Club Lounge was superb as was the service. Only complaint I had during my stay was that the pillows could have softer (I am usually not picky but these were very hard and uncimfortable)..... I noticed the next day that they offered a menu of pillows so in future I will make sure I order one- one suggestion for the hotel would be to put a notice about choice of pillows in a visible place rather than in the hotel information guide that noone reads!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo