“Outstanding hotel for business travel”

Grand Hyatt Beijing
Ranked #41 of 6,563 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed here in late July for 2 nights. Didn't spend much time in the hotel, but some high level comments:
* Beautiful hotel. Grand lobby, very well appointed.
* Spacious rooms. I had a Deluxe room (separate bedroom) and it was huge--too large for me infact. It included a galley kitchen, which I didn't use. Room was well decorated and very clean.
*Gym. Large fitness area beyond the pool. The pool looks amazing (waterfalls, very large) although I didn't use it. The fitness area was large as well, with a wide variety of equipment and mulitples of each, so no waiting required (at least in the morning).
*Restaurant. Ate breakfast (2x) and lunch (1x) at the international restaurant on the second floor. The breakfast was buffet style, and was above average. Lots of choices, food was fresh and much prepared right in front of you.

Overall, a great place to stay on business (or personal). Didn't have to worry about anything. Also, very close to the Forbidden City.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
PWrightHyatt, Manager at Grand Hyatt Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2011

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Beijing!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience at Grand Hyatt Beijing on Trip Advisor. It was such a positive and complementary review and your comments and ratings go along way in promoting our hotel.

Thank you for highlighting many our our features and facilities and for recognising the service of our team in your ratings, for at the end of the day it is really them who make all the difference and provide true authentic hospitality.

I will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the entire hotel and we look forward to the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

After a mediocre start to my family trip in Beijing I decided to move to the Grand Hyatt.It was nice to settle down to a comfortable room,lovely swimming pool and excellent food.
The location is in walking distance to the Forbidden City.I would like to mention that all the staff from the cleaning to the concierge were fantastic and of great help.Only negative point was the lack of communication between reservations and front desk staff.This caused some price and late check-out issues.I would like to say thanks to Simon,Theo,Dominic,Zoe and Bennie for having made a difference in my trip and for all their help.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank angelo65Geneva

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Beijing!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very constructive feedback on our hotel through Trip Advisor. It is only through this type of feedback that we are able to critically assess our performance and understand the required areas of improvement. We are very grateful that you chose Grand Hyatt for your stay in Beijing amongst the many other fine hotel's.

I would also like to thank you for all the positive comments you gave us, they are always a real pleasure to receive and go a long way in promoting our hotel. Indeed we are very fortunate to have a team of motivated, courteous and helpful staff, and thank you for highlighting the efforts of Simon, Theo, Dominic, Zoe and Bennie to me and I will ensure they are duly recognized.

I do hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We chose this property as we were travelling with two children and wanted somewhere that would accommodate us all in the same room...and that was reasonably central.

Yes...the pool is amazing...but the rooms need a little bit of a refresh. They are looking a bit tired for 5 star.

We had a great big room with quite a large kitchen....just no plates, bowls, spoons, etc. With kids, it would have been great to have this option.

Location is great - you can walk through the shopping centre to the metro and Wangfujing St.

Loved the food express ??? food court. Great cheap eats - 2 mins from our room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Beijing!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience at Grand Hyatt Beijing on Trip Advisor and I am thrilled to read that overall had an enjoyable time staying with us as a family. Indeed the pool is quite unique and a fantastic feature of the hotel, so thank you for highlighting this.

Your comments on the set-up in the kitchenette are duly noted, and I am also pleased to advise you that we are currently in the final planning phase of a room upgrade and refinement program, which we hope to commence soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

first of all the property is amazing its location is really good because its on the same street where all the high end brands are so its clean and can have a nice walk there , there is a mall under the hotel which is a really big mall the spa is amazing in the hotel and the rooms are very big a standard room came with a kitchen bedroom and a living room where i was really shocked because it was a standard room , the staff are very helpful and all speak good english , what i really liked is im a room service guy the menu was really good and had many varieties
one of the biggest malls also is 15 min away , i recommended this hotel to my cousin who went with his wife and was really happy

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Beijing!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience at Grand Hyatt Beijing on Trip Advisor. Thank you for highlighting the facilities of the hotel and the service from the tem and I am thrilled that you were so happy with your experience in our hotel.

Thank you for the compliments and ratings, indeed they go along way in promoting our hotel....

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed with my kids for seven nights at the end of July. We had one 2-bedroom apartment and another 1-bedroom apartment.

The apartments were very big. Wonderful for a family. The hotel location is great and I'm surprised that the fact that it's right on the famous wangfujing shopping street is not much advertised for. The hotel staff were all always nice and helpful. We took three private tours thru the hotel and all tours worked out great ( minus Beijing crowds at the tourist places) each private tour cost us around around 400 USD for the small bus and the guide.

Indoor swimming pool was great.

We liked the hotel a lot and i do recommend it. But I'll mention now several small things that we didn't like at the hotel but were particularly annoying and we should have not experienced it at a 5 star hotel.
The water flow in the shower was terrible. Plus the water would not remove the soap! The soap was mot of a good quality and we used our own. The smell when we existed the elevator at the 11th floor was stinky. The menu was limited. And finally there wasn't even one channel for kids.

• Stayed: July 2011
PWrightHyatt, Manager at Grand Hyatt Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Beijing!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience at Grand Hyatt Beijing on Trip Advisor. Overall, it was such a positive and complementary review and your comments and ratings go along way in promoting our hotel.

Thank you for highlighting the various facilities and features of the hotel and in particular for recognizing the efforts and service from our team. I will ensure your comments are shared with the entire staff body.

Your comments on the water flow from the shower and soap are duly noted, as is the smell you experienced on the 11th floor and rest assured I will personally look into these issues with the senior management team.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Beijing

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Wonderful location. Go downstairs to the mall to find "gourmet street" with restaurants and wonderful food court (fraction of the price for food compared to Hyatt). Also, very nice supermarket to stock up on essentials. Another plus is access to the subway from this mall. Subway in Beijing is easy to navigate and costs 2rmb per journey - no matter number of changes or distance traveled).

Hotel has easy access to Forbidden City, Tianeman Square, and other popular destinations.

"made in china" is great restaurant - choose seat near dimpling making station to see skill of folk making these delicious treats. (all food prep areas are behind large glass windows so not all your food will be of indeterminate origin :-) )

• Stayed: July 2011

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Beijing!

Thank you for recognising the hotel's location and adjoining facilities and services. Furthermore, I was thrilled to read you enjoyed our 'Made in China' restaurant where we are continually striving to provide a true Beijing dining experience.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great location. You can walk or take a short cab ride to the square and places to eat. The pool is very cool. Underground and looks like something from Las Vegas. The rooms were nice and modern but small. We had 2 adults and 2 small kids and it was tight but we dind't spend much time there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Beijing!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience at Grand Hyatt Beijing on Trip Advisor and I am thrilled to read that you had an enjoyable time staying with us as a family. Indeed the pool is quite unique and a fantastic feature of the hotel, so thank you for highlighting this.

Overall your review was very positive and complementary and your comments and ratings go along way in promoting our hotel. Rest assured I will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel and we look forward to the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.