“Great Stay”

Ranked #73 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Dallas, Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed 10 nights at Loong Palace in September 2012 and I found it wonderful. The rooms are extremely clean and the service is truly 5 star. I travel extensively worldwide which affords me a great base for my evaluation. I have been coming to China for many years and I think Loong Palace is the best value in Beijing and the surrounding area and arguably one of the best in China. The breakfast buffet is also extensive and the hospitality overall is truly Chinese. Cicia is also my favorite staff member and the front desk manager. She was very attentive throughout my stay.

Room Tip: Junior Suite on Executive Floor is best.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Behzad B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were extremely lucky to get a great deal on Agoda, which made this 5 star hotel a complete bargin! This hotel is amazing! all of the staff are lovely with an extremely high level of customer service. The rooms are immaculate with possibly the most comfortable bed that i have ever slept in. The buffet breakfast was delicious. Even though it was a little further out of the city centre there is a subway close by which made all attractions easily accessible.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HK
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I chose this hotel because its near my office and it seemed decent. This was my first time staying at Loong Palace as I usually choose other hotels when I'm travelling. Overall, I did feel that the hotel was well-maintained, and easily accessible with decent/friendly staff. I was even considering booking again for my next trip.

Guangzhou, China
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed the hotel for several days during our recent trip to Beijing, our company secretary have recommended it since it's close to our client, and surprised to learn that services are very good, they had variety restaurants to dine around, room is comfortable and clean which is facing their garden. Staff are friendly, they treat group of us have been very nice, and it's true value for money, they had charity activities next to breakfast venue. Great stay!

Room Tip: Room facing garden
Unionville, Connecticut
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed from July 15 to 22, 2012

My son is sitting beside me as I write this and he is telling me to rate it even lower :) The only thing he enjoyed is the fact that the hotel is partially owned by Jackie Chan.

LOCATION- VERY far from Beijing (it is actually in the 6th or 7th ring and is not even considered part of Beijing by the locals) in a remote suburban/rural area. I can't even begin to guess how you would travel into the city, other than by taxi, which would cost a gazillion yuans. There is nothing to do around the hotel. It is part of a larger complex that includes some private housings and a more affordable Hotel/Super 8 at one end (which offers an outdoor 'food court' of sorts). We were part of a tour group and it took literally hours to get back to the hotel each night (especially on the 21st, when there was a torrential amount of rainfall).

HOTEL ROOM - the room was a good size, but beddings, towels, carpet, bedspread etc..were very old and did not smell or feel clean. There was a strange smell throughout the hotel - like a mixture of cigarette smoke and mold. Water would not drain in the shower stall and overflowed onto the tiled floors in the rest of the bathroom. The overall hygiene of public restrooms in Beijing is horrid (my mom and I actually vomitted from the smell in the first two days) and the restrooms in this hotel was no exception. I think it's because people do NOT flush used tissue papers. They throw them in the trash bin, which just sits there forever (In Japan, they actually have signs in tourist areas asking Chinese tourists to please flush used tissue paper in the toilet).

AMENITIES - they want to gouge you for EVERYTHING at this hotel. There is a large pool, but they would not allow our boys to use it w/o a bathing cap (which is fine), but wants to charge 50yuan for one cap. They would not allow our boys to use the basketball court without paying for a ball - they advertised that it was free. Breakfast was the same everyday and it took a long time to replenish food.

On one day, a man just sat down at our table while my son was eating there (my mom and I were in line to get our food) and would not leave even after we asked. He simply ignored us, ate his breakfast, left his dirty utensils and plate, and then left. The staff did not help us to remove him from our table and did not clean up his mess. We had to clean it up to get our table back - is this part of the Chinese culture???

SERVICES - non-existent - when our tour bus checked in, there were 4/5 girls standing at the counter. No one served us. They were chatting and laughing and then one girl finally started to check us in. The remaining girls continued to chat and stood by with their arms crossed. Finally, after complaints from many people, they started to check in more than one group at a time.

AVOID this hotel if you can. If you can't, don't expect any service or clean rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank SSC-CP
Beijing, China
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We are staying at this hotel for an extended period and have found the staff so helpful and friendly. The food is great and their are 4-5 restaurants from which to choose.
The grounds are extremely well maintained with roses and lily ponds and the hotel is exceptionally clean! There is a big pool and not many using it; very nice!

Room Tip: I required a softer mattress and the room staff kindly added a feather under mattress cover which re...
Beijing, China
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I'm doing a long term assignment form my company. They have made me fell at home! I'm from Michigan and they have been just wounderful with me. The bar maids do a great job Evelise, Ivy, Ann, Lucy, and Guo Dan. The food is good, the people are very nice. The managers are alway asking what they can do for you. so if Gladys Ma or Connie Guo ask if they can help you don't hesitate to ask.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business