There's not a huge amount to complain about in this hotel - the rooms are huge, modern and clean. There's some road noise even on the 12th floor but then where isn't there in Beijing ? The staff are friendly and helpful and speak enough English to get by. When you walk outside of the hotel it looks a bit dingy - but it's actually very safe and you can walk to the small shopping malls and shops nearby. The mall has a food court and a japanese restaurant which was pretty good - although for some reason when you order a large beer they give you a shot glass to drink it from.
Prices in the hotel are very high compared to the surrounding restaurants and supermarkets. Eat locally if you can and fill your fridge ! If you buy bottles - buy a bottle opener - there isn't one in your room. I did try one of the hotel restaurants though - the Brazilian Churrascos. It was very good - large salad bar and they serve meat directly to your table from large skewers - nice and fresh. Your table has a stone on it painted red on one side and green on the other. The meat keeps coming until you turn over the stone to show the red side. Then you can finish with the sweet buffet :) A small beer and a 'meat only' buffet (there is a meat and seafood which is more expensive) will set you back about 300 chinese yuan. Considering you can eat locally for about 25 - it's damned expensive.
After that you can walk it off by strolling into or around the Olympic Park - it's about ten minutes walk to the entrance and another 15 minutes to get to a large undergound shopping mall. If you walk into the park - be careful - not all of the gates are open and you suddenly find yourself unable to get out ! It's a huge square though so once you find a gate they will actually let you out of it's easy to find your way.
There are smaller malls / supermarkets nearer the hotel - but the big one is worth a visit and there is always entertainment above it in the evenings. The avenues in that area are lined with some sort of plant that gives off the foulest stench ever !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- V-Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou is a luxury hotel located in the northern part of Beijing next to the Beijing International Convention Centre and within walking distance to the Olympic Green and much celebrated Bird s Nest Stadium. The hotel is only a short, 25-minute drive from Beijing Capital International Airport and a ten-minute drive from Shangdi Hi-tech Zone and the Silicon Valley of Beijing. The hotel makes an excellent base for the discerning business traveler. The hotel offers a fully equipped, 24-hour Business Centre providing hotel guests with a comprehensive range of translation and secretarial services as well as ticket booking, international newspapers and mailing services. The hotel also offers a selection of private meeting rooms catering for 8 to 1300 guests in variety of settings. Additional meeting services of hotel include state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, in-house creative chefs and catering teams as well as outside catering capabilities.Dining at the V-Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou is a delight. The hotel's exclusively designed Palm Garden Lobby Lounge, with live entertainment and three restaurants, offers local and international cuisines including a selection of Brazilian delicacies. For hotel guests' relaxation and comfort, V-Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou offers a well-equipped Health Club, with an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness centre, sauna, steam bath and massage treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Odigeo, Ctrip TA and Priceline so you can book your V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Park View Wuzhou Hotel Beijing
- Crowne Plaza Beijing
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing