I stayed twice at this hotel, the same week in January (with a trip out of town separating the visits). The booking was made by my company, so I cannot talk about value. Nor do I know why the first stay I had an absolutely huge room and the second stay a smallish room. Perhaps the first was an upgrade? Regardless of size issue, both rooms were excellent -- and had near identical furniture, just one more cramped than the other. As it was a business trip I appreciated the amount of desk space. The beds were excellent. As were the bathrooms (although I should note that only the larger of the rooms had a bathtub). Both proper bars of soap as well as the ubiquitous liquid soaps and gels were provided. And a box of tissues. Housekeeping was excellent: the room was always clean and everything always worked (thermostat excepted -- judging by other reviews it seems to be there for show). I had a window that opened (unusual in China), so temperature was not a problem. The location is good if you are there for sporting events (the Bird's Nest Stadium and the Water Cube are short walks away). So, too, is the Beijing National Olympic Sports Park. In fact, it's even closer than the Bird's Nest. Unfortunately it is a much longer walk as figuring out how to cross the 16-lane Fourth Ring Road is a challenge. The hotel is also adjacent to the National Convention (or is it Conference?) Center.
Check-in and check-out were smooth. Reception staff were clear and attentive. Breakfast was a plus. There was an excellent range of foods for breakfast and for those homesick for a bit of Western cooking the French pastries were good, as were the omelet and crepe stations. The hotel had something I don't think I have ever seen before: a fresh waffle station. Fresh fruit was on the meager side but, then again, it was the middle of January.
Internet? Outrageously expensive in the rooms. Free in the lobby and restaurant.
Would I stay again? On a business trip? Definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- V-Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou is a luxury hotel located in the northern part of Beijing next to the Beijing International Convention Centre and within walking distance to the Olympic Green and much celebrated Bird s Nest Stadium. The hotel is only a short, 25-minute drive from Beijing Capital International Airport and a ten-minute drive from Shangdi Hi-tech Zone and the Silicon Valley of Beijing. The hotel makes an excellent base for the discerning business traveler. The hotel offers a fully equipped, 24-hour Business Centre providing hotel guests with a comprehensive range of translation and secretarial services as well as ticket booking, international newspapers and mailing services. The hotel also offers a selection of private meeting rooms catering for 8 to 1300 guests in variety of settings. Additional meeting services of hotel include state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, in-house creative chefs and catering teams as well as outside catering capabilities.Dining at the V-Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou is a delight. The hotel's exclusively designed Palm Garden Lobby Lounge, with live entertainment and three restaurants, offers local and international cuisines including a selection of Brazilian delicacies. For hotel guests' relaxation and comfort, V-Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou offers a well-equipped Health Club, with an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness centre, sauna, steam bath and massage treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA and Odigeo so you can book your V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Park View Wuzhou Hotel Beijing
- Crowne Plaza Beijing
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing