“Near perfect hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou

V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou
Ranked #88 of 5,939 Hotels in Beijing
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Near perfect hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed twice at this hotel, the same week in January (with a trip out of town separating the visits). The booking was made by my company, so I cannot talk about value. Nor do I know why the first stay I had an absolutely huge room and the second stay a smallish room. Perhaps the first was an upgrade? Regardless of size issue, both rooms were excellent -- and had near identical furniture, just one more cramped than the other. As it was a business trip I appreciated the amount of desk space. The beds were excellent. As were the bathrooms (although I should note that only the larger of the rooms had a bathtub). Both proper bars of soap as well as the ubiquitous liquid soaps and gels were provided. And a box of tissues. Housekeeping was excellent: the room was always clean and everything always worked (thermostat excepted -- judging by other reviews it seems to be there for show). I had a window that opened (unusual in China), so temperature was not a problem. The location is good if you are there for sporting events (the Bird's Nest Stadium and the Water Cube are short walks away). So, too, is the Beijing National Olympic Sports Park. In fact, it's even closer than the Bird's Nest. Unfortunately it is a much longer walk as figuring out how to cross the 16-lane Fourth Ring Road is a challenge. The hotel is also adjacent to the National Convention (or is it Conference?) Center.

Check-in and check-out were smooth. Reception staff were clear and attentive. Breakfast was a plus. There was an excellent range of foods for breakfast and for those homesick for a bit of Western cooking the French pastries were good, as were the omelet and crepe stations. The hotel had something I don't think I have ever seen before: a fresh waffle station. Fresh fruit was on the meager side but, then again, it was the middle of January.

Internet? Outrageously expensive in the rooms. Free in the lobby and restaurant.

Would I stay again? On a business trip? Definitely.

Room Tip: Don't plan on going for the view. The view south (16-lane motorway and some ugly outbuilding roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are very happy to acknowledge that you enjoyed the stay with us. Your kind comments will encourage us to keep providing the best service to our guests. We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in end of December in freezing Beijing, at the Crowne Plaza Wuzhou.

The room provided was spacious and well appointed. Very comfortable.
The staff at the reception counter and teh house keeping were very courteous.
I might be biased in my view, but the restaurant options could do with some more variety. Being Indian, the craving for the spices was left wanting. God send was the presence of an Indian chef at the restaurant. he dished out very Indian Al-a-carte which was tasty. Especially, given the weather conditions which prevented me from venturing out.

Did not get a chance to explore the various facilities in the hotel. Hope to revisit sometime in future.

I even got a lovely stocking with goodies, when I was leaving on Christmas Eve.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are very happy to acknowledge that you enjoyed the stay with us. Good to know that you were satisfied with the food prepared by our Indian chef. Actually every evening we have special theme nights in the All Day Dining restaurant, including "Spice Night" as well. We look forward to welcome you again soon and hope that we can accommodate your spicy cravings then.
Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here 5 nights. Our room was large, well appointed and very clean. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet. The hotel staff were very helpful. We found it easier most nights to dine in the hotel after being out all day. The selection of meals was quite varied, good quality and well presented. Drinks in the bar area with entertainment of an evening was also enjoyable.
Depending on traffic it took approximately 20-25 minutes by taxi to reach the main shopping area of Beijing. We only had one day where we saw blue sky. If you need to stay in this part of Beijing I think this hotel is a very good choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are very happy to acknowledge that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments will encourage us to keep providing the best service to our guests. We look forward to welcome you again soon.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed just one night in April but could have stayed longer. Very nice hotel in north Beijing. A little closer to the airport than where I usually stay in Chaoyang. Near the site of the 2008 Olympics. Room was very well done; not large but not too small. Nice furnishings and very clean. Front desk service was great. Excellent English speaking staff. I slept well and enjoyed the stay. I didn't use the restaurants or bar. Walked to a Sichuan restaurant about 5 minutes away and had a great meal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are very happy to acknowledge that you enjoyed staying with us. For your next visit we would like to recommend you our exclusive Chinese restaurant. We believe the combination of classic Cantonese, fresh seafood, local Beijing flavors and hints of Sichuan cuisine will delight your taste butts. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I stay here about 20 nights per year. It always has clean rooms, western amenities and helpful staff. The only issue I ever have is the room temperature is always too hot and the thermostats do nothing to really help. No problem in the winter when you can open a window but can be uncomfortable in the summer.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and for being a loyal guest to our hotel. We understand your issue in regards to the control of room temperature, a design issue which we unfortunately are not able to solve directly. But we have communicated your concern with our management and are working hard to solve this. As for the moment, and in order to make your next stay more comfortable, we can provide you with a mobile heater or cooler. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
Chelmsford, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on two separate nights in early December. The positives are the service and staff's polite and efficient attitude. I arrived very late on the first night, and arranged to have my laundry done whilst I travelled to Yunnan for 5 days, staying again there before returning home. This was arranged without any hassle. My laundry was delivered to me not 10 minutes after I had checked in.

My negative would be with the bathroom. Although I had an upgrade, it was tiny, and the bath furniture tired and the bath tiny. Otherwise a very comfortable hotel in a great location.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeanne7759
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. we are very happy that you enjoyed the stay with us. we will keep making great effort to provide the best service to our guests. For the bath room you mentioned, we have planed it in our nearest renovation. We look forward to welcome you again soon.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was a one of two conference hotels we had to choose from and I think I chose well. I picked this because it was closer to downtown. We checked in late, after a dinner--the lobby was bright, the doormen exceptionally helpful. The women who checked us in were very polite and explained everything in detail. The room was clean and spacious, not so great a view (see photo) but I've had much worse. Bathroom was big, clean, lighting wasn't great (but that's my pet peeve). We did what the guide books said, checked everything out in the room to make sure it worked (and it all did!). The breakfast buffet is fairly extensive and expensive. Great location near the Olympic Park and you can see the Birds Nest from the front of the hotel, but nowhere near downtown/Forbidden City. However, the subway is nearby and the subway is cheap (2 RMB) and goes everywhere. Upon check-out, they inspected the room as the guide books said they would, and they found a phone charger I'd left in the room. The check-out couldn't have easier, and they removed a wifi charge because it wasn't working well in the room. The bar/lounge was nice but the drinks were very expensive.
My wife and I really liked the Crowne Plaza Park View!

Room Tip: Better views on the south side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Voyageur_americain
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thanks for choosing our hotel during your stay in Beijing. And thanks for your kind comment to our buffet and service. Your appreciation will encourage us to keep aiming higher. We look forward to welcome you again soon.