New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou
Ranked #90 of 6,069 Hotels in Beijing
“Home away from Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I stay here about 20 nights per year. It always has clean rooms, western amenities and helpful staff. The only issue I ever have is the room temperature is always too hot and the thermostats do nothing to really help. No problem in the winter when you can open a window but can be uncomfortable in the summer.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and for being a loyal guest to our hotel. We understand your issue in regards to the control of room temperature, a design issue which we unfortunately are not able to solve directly. But we have communicated your concern with our management and are working hard to solve this. As for the moment, and in order to make your next stay more comfortable, we can provide you with a mobile heater or cooler. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chelmsford, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on two separate nights in early December. The positives are the service and staff's polite and efficient attitude. I arrived very late on the first night, and arranged to have my laundry done whilst I travelled to Yunnan for 5 days, staying again there before returning home. This was arranged without any hassle. My laundry was delivered to me not 10 minutes after I had checked in.

My negative would be with the bathroom. Although I had an upgrade, it was tiny, and the bath furniture tired and the bath tiny. Otherwise a very comfortable hotel in a great location.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeanne7759
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. we are very happy that you enjoyed the stay with us. we will keep making great effort to provide the best service to our guests. For the bath room you mentioned, we have planed it in our nearest renovation. We look forward to welcome you again soon.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was a one of two conference hotels we had to choose from and I think I chose well. I picked this because it was closer to downtown. We checked in late, after a dinner--the lobby was bright, the doormen exceptionally helpful. The women who checked us in were very polite and explained everything in detail. The room was clean and spacious, not so great a view (see photo) but I've had much worse. Bathroom was big, clean, lighting wasn't great (but that's my pet peeve). We did what the guide books said, checked everything out in the room to make sure it worked (and it all did!). The breakfast buffet is fairly extensive and expensive. Great location near the Olympic Park and you can see the Birds Nest from the front of the hotel, but nowhere near downtown/Forbidden City. However, the subway is nearby and the subway is cheap (2 RMB) and goes everywhere. Upon check-out, they inspected the room as the guide books said they would, and they found a phone charger I'd left in the room. The check-out couldn't have easier, and they removed a wifi charge because it wasn't working well in the room. The bar/lounge was nice but the drinks were very expensive.
My wife and I really liked the Crowne Plaza Park View!

Room Tip: Better views on the south side.
1 Thank Voyageur_americain
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thanks for choosing our hotel during your stay in Beijing. And thanks for your kind comment to our buffet and service. Your appreciation will encourage us to keep aiming higher. We look forward to welcome you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel is very close to Bird Nest, the Olympic Stadium. I really enjoyed its location. It is conveniently located in the 4th ring, and all taxi driver knows where it is. It's a nice experience. The rooms are clean and nice. I would recommend this place to friends. Oh, just want to mention I also spotted some movie stars. An extra bonus. ;)

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank dancerying
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thanks for your comment and thanks for choosing our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed the stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I' m staying in Beijing for the first time, and we choosed Crowne Plaza Park View.
Everything is Ok at this hotel, but only one thing.
At the breakfast, they don't serve any Chinese Tea, but only English Tea. (twinings)
I asked but it wasn't possible. It is very strange we are in China.
I have been it's possible only at Palm Garden Cafe.

Room Tip: For the room choosed the side of the city and not the back or roof side. Very bad view.
1 Thank Diamondsforever888
Thanks for choosing our hotel and thanks for your comment. We are very happy that you enjoyed the stay here. There maybe some misunderstanding for the tea serve of breakfast buffet, we do provide Chinese tea (green and red Chinese tea) for free. We look forward to welcome you again soon and offer better and more personalized service for you.
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed 3 nights during a business trip to Beijing and had chosen this hotel for its location near to the company I was visiting. The hotel is located near the Olympic stadium and it can take up to 1.5 hr to reach the old part of the city. On the other hand, the airport is only 35min away.
Rooms are large but somehow they feel a little bit dated. Service is reasonably good. Breakfast buffet is also ok. Overall good, nothing truly remarkable but also nothing wrong.

1 Thank Javier S
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thanks for keep choosing our hotel during your stay in Beijing. And thanks for your kind comment to our buffet and service. Your appreciation will encourage us to keep aiming higher. By the way, it should take within 30 min by taxi from our hotel to the city center, like Tiananmen Square, in the normal traffic condition.  We look forward to welcome you again soon.
Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed 8 nights at this hotel at the end of October. The Superior room was nice and clean, and there is nothing to complain about. Their lunch buffet is great, especially the grilled lambs and Thai food corner. The restaurant's sous chef was very attentive and recommended several nice dishes.

The only downside is that they couldn't get the room temperature in the meeting room and guestroom right. On my first night, the temperature in the room was very warm, and there is no way I could adjust the temperature on their remote control. They eventually got someone to open the window with a small wrench and this somewhat addressed the problem. The meeting room has a nice setup although the one we used didn't have windows with natural light. The room is either too hot or too cold, and there is no way we could adjust the temperature by ourselves. I like their Chinese tea served during the meeting's breaks, but found that some of the snacks/ appetizers are similar to the one served at breakfast. Perhaps they could be a bit more creative with the menu.

Staff at the concierge desk were really helpful, and were very knowledge about the sightseeing places in Beijing.

On a rainy day, I had a hard time catching a taxi from the hotel to go into town, so I ended up taking a public bus which was quite convenient. I took bus number 108, and got off at a subway station that is not too far away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank blue9bkk
Thanks for your comment and thanks for choosing our hotel during your stay in Beijing.
We are very happy that you enjoyed the room, breakfast and our services, meanwhile, we apologize for the room air-conditioning problem you have met. We will pay great attention to the hotel facility maintenance and keep improving our service standard.
We look forward to welcome you again soon.