“Good but not Great”

Ranked #117 of 6,522 Hotels in Beijing
Dover, Vermont
“Good but not Great”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here for five nights, and each day we spoke to the hotel about the temperature in the room. It was much too warm, and no matter what we did, we couldn't get the temperature lower than 23C. The hotel sent maintenance to fix it several times, but nothing worked. When we checked out we learned that the AC had been shut off and the only cooling in the hotel was from the natural air (but windows didn't open). Other than the temperature, we had to call to have the room cleaned one day because when we returned before dinner one evening, it hadn't yet been made up. Generally the service was good, but not great. The room was large and comfortable. For the price paid (a very low corporate rate) I'd stay there again, but not at full price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Sorry for the room temperature and room cleaning problem you met. We will pay great attention to the hotel facility maintenance and keep improving our service standard.
We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed October 14, 2012

wuzhou crowne plaza is runned very close to the standard of all crowneplaza hotels. this on the one gives you a reliable vlue on the money you put on the table here...on the other...it is missing an own character...but i was on business and was looking for the value rather than for the experience there...buffet is good...business lounge on top floor is nice, quiet and comfy... i don't like they always put some extra charity fees on the bill without asking...i would never say no if somebody asks me "do you want to cancel the 5 rmb charity fee we are collecting for"...i just like to be asked for it...give a strange impression...close the taxi windows when arriving there at night if you don't need a poker set of erotic cards in your face...to the hotel -> find a solution for the visiting girls in the evening to...lets say have it less visible...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thanks for your comment and thanks for choosing our hotel during your stay in Beijing. We are glad that you like our breakfast and Club Lounge. And we also very appreciate your advice. We will make great effort to keep the high standard of Crowne Plaza Brand, and provide our guest more personalized service as well. We look forward to welcome you again soon.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This may be a good option for stays in the North of the city, especially if you want to be close to airport as the Hotel is located in the 4th ring road and very close to the Olympic Park. The service attitude of the staff was excellent (one of the best I ever encounter in China) and this makes you feel comfortable. They even brought me to the executive club to check in as they were too many people in the reception area when I arrived to the Hotel.

The room as fine and comfortable, although the bathroom was the old fashioned style type with only a bath-up and not shower, but for a short stay it was not a big deal. Internet connection was not free (120 RMB per day) and this is the only thing I didn’t like it, although you could get free wifi in all public areas of the Hotel.

I had dinner in the Brazilian restaurant and the meat buffet was excellent and with a very good price as well.

In the morning (around 5.30am) a taxi to the airport will take only 25 minutes and cost you less than 80 RMB including toll charges.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thanks for choosing our hotel during your stay in Beijing. And thanks for your kind comment to our staff and service. Your appreciation will encourage us to keep aiming higher. We look forward to welcome you again soon.
California
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I spent four nights at this Crowne Plaza and enjoyed my stay. The buffet was excellent with eastern and western breakfast options. Rooms were large and clean. Internet in hotel was fast and was able to make VoIP and FaceTime calls without problem. Service was friendly. Great hotel choice in region.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your comment. We are very glad that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel. We look forward to welcome you again soon.
Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed here a week and absolutely loved everything about the hotel. The beds were super comfortable, the food was amazing and it was just a beautiful place. I only wish the gift shop was open earlier so I could have finished my shopping before leaving. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SkisterMN
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thanks for your comment and thanks for choosing our hotel during your stay in Beijing. We are glad that you like our breakfast buffet and our beds. And also we are going to aim higher and keep upbeating, and hope to welcome you again soon.
Los Altos, California
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Hotel has very nice and spacious room, facing a a green garden. The food at the Bistro Restaurant is very good, one of the best buffet in China that I have tasted! 200 meters from the Best Nest. Convenient.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thanks for your comment and thanks for choosing our hotel during your stay in Beijing. We are glad that you like our restaurant and give such a comment like this. And also we are going to aim higher and keep upbeating, and hope to welcome you again soon.
Beijing, China
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am mad........
This hotel is a disgrace to Crown Plaza Brand and I will never book this hotel again, And I would think twice about booking any Crown Plaza again.......

Only 2 days at this hotel and has been problems one after another....

1. Checked into hotel and found that I cannot lower the air-con...basically the controller is broken..
2. Tried logon on the internet. Would never load a page. Called the front desk and go diverted to tech support. Engineer on phone tired to help and ascertained that I've successfully logged on as I can open Baidu after many tries... But could not open google or my online banking page. Angry... but though that this is just China government blocking overseas sites... But even then, baidu speed is super slow and could not do anything. Outlook connecting is flaky and could not check any emails.
3. Next morning colleague complained to me about her bathroom being small. I checked my bathroom (413) and the floor tiles were broken.
4. After a long day, tried network in room and still not working... when down to hotel's restuarant for dinner... The menu had Dan Dan noodles but basically it's just noodles with sauce and nothing else... same with the braised pork noodle... no pork.... and prices were high. So I tried to order something else... There was chef's recommendation of "3 cups chicken". And as I was alone, I could order half size. Fine... BUT!!!
5. Wrong cold dish as served... I was too busy to start eating and only many minutes later did they realized the mistake.
6. The chicken dish came... Basically was not "3 cups chicken". The name came about with 1 cup of soy sauce, 1 cup sesame oil, 1 cup wine... Not oil and wine taste... FINE...
But it's basically 90% bones with 10% meat.... Super angry...
7. Ordered coconut juice... And i came in a CAN!.. For it's high price... Anyway. 忍...
8. Used my ipad and found that with the FREE wireless, I could logon to google.hk and my banking page!!! So it's not the china governement but the network in my room.
9. Inform the front desk of my problem and that I had already connected their engineer the night before. They did not believe me and sent their engineer to my room. Anyway this young chap came with his own laptop and had the same problem.., He could not solve this.
10. When down to front desk and informed them of my problem and that the engineer could not solve this. The staff basically tried to blame that the internet is provided by another vendor and if they cannot solve it, then the hotel can not solve it too. The only thing they can do is to change room... Super Angry as I have just ironed my shirt and now I have to pack and change room and re-iron them again??!!!
11. 忍。。。。Packed my room in less then 30mins and they send another young bell boy to deliver the new keys... I had to request for him to help me with my luagguage... NVM...
12. Went into the lift and swiped my new card keys to go to 13th floor... And magically, IT DID NOT WORK.... the bell boy helped by use the old card keys.
13. When to the room and expectedly... IT DID NOT WORK.... The bell boy wanted me to hold on to the not working keys (heaven knows for what)... I passed him back the keys and dictacted to him to go down to the front desk and ask for new set of keys....
14. Now I'm in a bigger room but the shower has a bathtube with the shower head on top. While my previous room DID NOT have a bathtube but rather had a rain shower which I much prefer... Anyway... hint hint... they don't provide bath salts with the bathtube....

Now I have basically given up and will not complain anymore if more things happened...
The management should be glad that I have posted this so that they know what problems they have...

I can only hope that the management will respond to this post and also only hope that they offer me something great to keep me as a customer... I have stayed at 413 and changed room on 30th July 2012... (enough information).

And last... the breakfast is not bad but $40SGD??

Oh... and room 413, they have spot lights shining into the room and you'll need to pull the blinds to sleep...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CPwuzhou, Resident Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Mr. Phang,
Thank you very much your comment on trip advisor and the time you took for giving us your valuable and detailed feedback about your stay.
First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. We can fully understand that your experience didn't meet your expectations and we would like to assure you that this is not the standards of service we are striving for.
Please rest assured that we have communicated all your experiences with all department heads concerned for immediate actions. We would appreciate if you could grant us a second chance where we can show you what Crowne Plaza service really stands for.
It is always important for us to receive constructive feedback in order to take the appropriate action and for us to improve ourselves. As a team we endeavor to make our guest’s stay with us a truly memorable and special experience to travel for success.
Thank you once again for your time and we look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Beijing.
With best regards,