V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
$227
$79
$267
$212
Agoda.com
All reviewsolympic stadiumbird's nestbeijing internationalconference centerwater cuberooms are largebusiness hotelroom pricebusiness tripbreakfast buffet ispleasant hotellanguage barrierclose to the hotelwalking distancefive star hotelmain restaurantlong flight
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This is next to the olympic park, so it is convenient to visit the sights there. The lobby is large, and you get that almost 4.5 star feeling, and a trot to the room proved it. It seems a little dated though it's supposed to be newly renovated. I think it's the overly dark brown furniture and boring wallpaper. There is also no standing shower in the toilet, just the boring tub. The flat screen tv has 1 of the more advanced software I've seen though. Breakfast variety seems very broad, and nothing super delicious. Dinner at the chinese restaurant was, quiet. there was barely anyone there, the food was ok. The room internet also doesn't appear to be free, which is very unusual in china. Despite being a priority club member, they gave me a room on the lowest fourth floor with a view of the rubbish dump, so I deducted 1 star from the rating

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bcheong
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2011

Dear Bcheong, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your comments will encourage us to keep the high standard service quality and even aim higher. We look forward to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2011

In this otherwise nice hotel. it is a disgrace that the management chooses not to enforce the new no-smoking laws which came into force on 1 May 2011 and prohibit smoking in public indoor areas. The management even seems to encourage it with ashtrays prominently displayed in many locations. This hotel will, and should, lose business from travellers who do not smoke, and those that feel that laws are meant to be respected. I found waiting in the lobby an uncomfortable and smelly experience. I recommend NOT staying at the hotel until the management chooses to act responsibly. The management seems very keen to please; as such, I recommend they abide by the law.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank viajeritita
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience we brought to you. We have paid more and more attention and effort to guarantee the non-smoking guests could enjoy the hotel's comfort. If you come again, you will find the lobby area has been prohibited for smoking. We really hope we can welcome you again in the near future. We will continue to work hard to meet all our guests’ expectations.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times. Each time I get a bit more disappointed with this hotel. I think this last trip, I'm throwing in the hat.

I paid well over $300 USD a night for my room. It included breakfast. But, the room itself just didn't feel as clean as it use to. The breakfast, wasn't as good as it use to be, and the staff wasn't as good as it use to be. When I checked in on the evening of May 1, there wasn't hardly anyone there, so check-in was swift and pleasant. Upon check-out there are no real signs for check-out. The people at the counter really fail to acknowledge that you are waiting there for service.

I received the bill with ambiguous charges that really don't mean anything. They have strange names, and you really can't do much about it. Somehow, I feel like I'm always getting cheated, but really what can you do, as the language barrier prohibits me to really find out what I'm paying for. Its odd that they never really include the initial contract you sign as part of the check-out process. So, you end up signing for ambiguous charges. Also, the cost of internet is exorbitant.

The nice thing about this hotel is that almost all the plugs are international plugs, so it makes things easy. It's also close to the airport, so it's a quick non expensive taxi ride, about 90 RMB. Also, its a short walk from the Bird's nest. You can easily take about 5 minute walk (maybe a bit longer) to the birdnest and see all of the venues. On most nights everything is still lit up, and very nice to see. There is a small shopping center not too far from the hotel, maybe about 150 meters or so.

All in all, I ended up not feeling very satisfied, as I usually do. It's time to look for a new hotel.

Room Tip: Check online!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SYTrips
CPwuzhou, Manager at V- Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very happy you are a frequent guest of our hotel, and you like our location and some convenient facility, ie. intl power plug.
At the same time, we are really sorry to hear about your unhappy experience. And here we want to extended our sincerely apologize. We will provide continues training, as we always did, to the staff, to keep improving the service standard, food quality and English communication ability. We really hope we can welcome you again in our hotel in the near future, and we promise your next stay will be a great experience.

Reviewed March 3, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a recent trip to Beijing as it was close to the meeting venue.
The hotel is new as other reviewers commented, but there are few other things worth mentioning.

If you are doing business in this part of town close to the Olympic village this is a good location, its close to a good number of large companies’ offices.

The lobby is big but plain; the seating room in the lobby is a series of two arm chairs backed up against the columns. Smoking is allowed everywhere.
The rooms are very basic, while this is supposedly a 5 star facility; it’s not more than 3 stars at best. The rooms are almost Spartan-basic. The quality of mattress is low, so is the overall space. The bathroom is tiny and poorly stocked.

The hotel is pricey, even with a group rate; we had 10 rooms, it’s not a whole lot less than the Grand Hyatt, Westin, or IC, which are far superior options.

The staff is very good, especially in the business center. And the breakfast buffet is also quite well stocked.

Overall, an okay choice if you want to avoid the traffic, but not a place I would return to anytime soon.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2011

The Hotel is new, and everything just feel comfortable. The location is near Bird Nest, but quite faraway from good shopping and tourist spots. The gym is located a little bit further, form the lift you have to cross a big lobby to reach it, so people in winter clothing will be staring at you if u r in running suits. Room is spacious, comfortable, and the internet speed is consistent. Lobby staff is helpful, and knowledgeable about surrounding area. A supermarket located just beside the hotel, with a selection of bakery and restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business