Capital International Airport Hotel
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
$201
Agoda.com
$333
$223
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel is good for a stop over and transit in Beijing, inexpensive, the building is old. It might be difficult to communicate for non Chinese speakers. The check in and out was no problem. Anyway, I do not mind to stay again when transit in beijing

Room Tip: The hotel has a service desk on Terminal 2 of the airport, ask them to call the hotel shuttle, no need to take the taxi.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Grant Z
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was forced to stay here overnight because my airline sent me here (due to a late flight and a missed connection).

There were two employees at the counter when I arrived, at 9:30 p.m., and at the time of my arrival I was the only person in the lobby (i.e., I was first in line). Twice, however, my check in was interrupted because the counter employees (both of them) stopped serving me to engage in a lengthy conversation with people who just walked up to the counter. I am a Westerner and the people interrupting were Chinese, so I quickly got the message that I was a second-class or third-class hotel guest.

Very little English was spoken. When I asked whether there was a restaurant or food, I was directed to the elevator to my room. I wasn't sure whether she thought I was asking for the elevators or was telling me there was no restaurant. Due to the misunderstanding, I never got a proper answer. Only TripAdvisor reviews told me that there is, in fact, a restaurant. Too late.

The carpets in the hallway, the elevator and the room are soiled and stained. The bathroom floor felt gritty and grimy to the touch. The room smelled foul -- and the stench nearly made me sick. Among other debris, there was a sharp screw left on the carpet.

The was a shampoo and shower gel dispenser in the bathroom -- and both were empty. No use phoning for refills -- nobody understood. The TV was broken; again, no use phoning the front desk.

No wake up call service was available. I asked at check-in and was given a non-answer.

This was a business trip so I needed Internet service. There was wifi, of a sort, but it was useful. The connection was to slow to support a VPN connection, Too slow to do much of anything, actually, except post this review. (I have photos showing how dirty and shabby the room is, but the connection is so slow I cannot download them to my laptop to attach to this review.)

The so-called shuttle is a diapidated old van that hardly seems road-worthy. I was the only passenger but was made to sit on a rickety jump-seat that bounced and shook all through the brief trip from airport to hotel.

Overall, a nightmare. The service is bad and the hotel is disgusting. Enough said.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Nepean_Family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

While their English is not the best, the warm and friendly staff make your stay enjoyable! Nicely furnished and CLEAN rooms at a modest price along with free shuttle service to and from the airport make this an excellent choice for a weary traveler. This is the first hotel in China that I have stayed at in a long time that the shower drain WORKS... and water does not spill all over the bathroom floor! It was quiet and comfortable. There is a nice coffee shop with an outdoor patio and great service.

Room Tip: Has a reservation desk right next to the exit for International Travelers at the Beijing Airport which makes it very easy for the traveler... plus their free round trip shuttle!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alan C
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I stayed overnight at this hotel. Convenient due to its proximity to the airport, with shuttle service. I had a decent dinner there. The menu has the pictures of the dishes so it becomes easier to order. Since I left early I cannot comment on the breakfast. As I had all my reservation written in Chinese there was no problem checking in but I guess if I had to communicate in English it would be more difficult. Comfortable bed. Good shower.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Olecram
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This hotel provides a shuttle to and from the airport. It's clean rooms and failry comfortable beds make it an easy layove if for only 12 hours. Breakfast is included with the room, a full Chinese buffet, delighful and filling. An inexpensive choice.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business