1,718 results
All reviewsangus grillforbidden cityclub floorwalking distanceexcellent locationcentral locationwangfujing areanight marketconcierge teamchinese restaurantbreakfast buffetshopping streetbit datedfree internetlobby barhotel is greattourist attractions
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a well located hotel positioned conveniently for the main Wangfujing Street shops and amenities. It is about 20 minutes’ walk from the Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. It is best to visit Tiananmen Square first then walk across the road to Forbidden City as the Forbidden City exit is a good distance back to Tiananmen sq.
The main lobby area of the hotel is spacious and pleasant. It is comfortable to sit and relax with a drink or have a meal. English is quite well spoken at the hotel. I found that the reception team, concierge and door staff to be fantastic, better than any other hotel I have stayed at in a non English speaking country. They were all very kind and helpful and had good language skills. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were very pleased to help us whatever our query or problem. If I was going to visit Beijing again I would choose this hotel, for that reason.
We did stay at the hotel twice on our trip, the first time in a king club room which was lovely and fresh looking, the second time was at a standard room which was a little bit jaded, I suspect that some of the rooms will be needing a facelift soon. Perhaps this is already underway as our club room was very nice.
Food and drink at the hotel are quite expensive; however they are at all hotels we stayed at in China. Wine is particularly expensive throughout China, as is Western food. The quality of the hotel food is very good and the serving staff pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Skilled_Chef
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel. Regarding standard room and the price of food and beverage you mentioned in your comment, we have taken up the matter with the hotel operation team. Please rest assured that appropriate steps are being taken to avoid any recurrence. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Spent four nights at this hotel during a business trip. Ideally located at Wangfujing, a main shopping street in Beijing. The hotel is quite dated and an number of negatives could be stated e.g. carpet stains, dirt on furniture etc. Really could do with a thorough steam clean. The lobby lounge and café were ok. Staff are quite attentive, especially the check-in staff. Internet is not free in-room, and costs CNY150 per day for access. Quite expensive, as in other hotels of this standard internet is often free. There is a McDonalds and 7/11 not too far away - if I had taken both the internet and breakfast package it would have added around 50% extra to my room rate. The design of the hotel means that half of the rooms face an internal atrium. I would prefer a view to the street. Concierge was very helpful arranging taxis and cars for airport transfers and business meetings. In general, I think this hotel struggles to uphold the Crowne Plaza brand standard and I wouldn't be surprised if significant renovations are undertaken in the near future. If location is important, this will override the state of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you prefer a fresh air outlook (if such is possible in Beijing), then ask for a room facing the street. Half the rooms face to an internal atrium.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel. We are also very happy to know that our colleagues were helpful during your stay. Regarding your comment to our room facility, cleaning and internet, we have taken up the matter with the hotel operation team. Please rest assured that appropriate steps are being taken to avoid any recurrence. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

It was a good choice to choose crowne plaza during my stay in Beijing. Check in at the hotel was good, the staff were friendly and helpful. But the internet was very slow and needs to be improved. Concierge was very knowledgeable and overall location is good.

• Stayed: January 2013
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel. Regarding the internet problem you mentioned, we have taken up the matter with the hotel operation team. Please rest assured that appropriate steps are being taken to avoid any recurrence. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is my third time going to china and it was the best I've experienced so far. Throughout the duration of my stay, the service was impeccable and constant. In the end I was almost sorry to leave.

Upon arrival, I found myself in a valley of smiles. The service staff made me feel welcome and at ease. At first I felt apprehensive due to the fact that I was from Europe and was expecting to have communication problems with the staff there. These concerns were eliminated when one of the staff named Deborah explained everything i had available and helped me gain internet access quickly. Despite being of very young age to be working in the service line (about 20 i presume), she spoke fluent english and ensured my smooth transition in paperwork. It was literally hassle-free. I totally did not expect this level of professionalism and this little surprise brightened up my day since i was put through a long and arduous overnight flight the day before.

I stayed in the Executive Suite and it was clean and quiet. The most conducive environment to rest, relax and prepare for meetings. The bathroom was spacious and clean too! The bed was the epitome of comfort, being hard in the right places and the comforter maintained equilibrium with the cold temperature of the suite.

The location of the hotel was strategic. Beijing train station and Wangfujing subway station are just a stone's throw away. Furthermore major landmarks such as Forbidden City can be accessed on foot.

Unfortunately, since i was on official business I did not have ample time to fully utilise the gym and the spa. But I can clearly tell that the facilities are well maintained and safe to operate.

In succinct summary, the staff of Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing did a wonderful job in making my stay enjoyable, relieving me of stress given the rigour of business meetings. Excellent choice of personnel, they really know how to make you feel at home.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dionysus A

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your support and taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at our Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and our hotel features among the most wonderful hotels you have stayed in. Thank you for acknowledging the friendliness and attentiveness of our team. It is certainly with great pleasure that we take every opportunity to exceed guest’s expectations and we do hope to ensure you will want to return.
We look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back to us in the near future.
Best regards.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel recommended by my friend who has stayed in Beijing for about half a year before. And I felt that although the furniture was a little bit outdated, the efficiency and friendliness of the staffs made the stay enjoyable. They were always quick to attend to my needs and I was recognized as a priority club member. Location was good as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dickytsk
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel. Regarding your comment to our furniture, we have taken up the matter with the hotel operation team.Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future.