Lowest prices for your stay
$89
Hotels.com
$89
Free cancellation until 12/18/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$74
Expedia.com$89
Priceline$99
Destinia.com$107
1,827 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The hotel in general is a bit outdated, the rooms are a bit run down, the gym could use a significant upgrade and one would likely not give the swimming pool a chance. Nevertheless it did achieve 2 notches above my expectation. The location was perfect, situated close by to Wangfujing street where a lot of shopping options are located, including a new flagship Apple store. The service was pretty good as the staff were pretty courteous and the concierge was very helpful. If you'd like to get to some tourist destinations (e.g. Great Wall), they'd would go out of their way to help you find affordable options and would make you feel at ease.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel location and Concierge service. We certainly take all of your comments very seriously indeed. Please rest assure that you r comment has been discussed with management for their needed improvements. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed for two nights at the Beijing Wangfujing, having booked online. I chose it for its location, close to main thoroughfares and attractions such as the Forbidden City. The location is good, and the hotel offers good excursions to the major sights. The room I had was very good, with a large bathroom etc. The rooftop indoor pool was also good ant there is a nice warm jacuzzi. Breakfast was good and the filet mignon at the Angus grill was fantastic, I recommend it. However, I was disappointed by some aspects of the management of the hotel. I'd booked online and was unsure of whether the price included breakfast, so i e-mailed well in advance to ask. I got no reply so I sent another message - still no reply. I decided to go anyway and was greeted with the extra cost of a breakfast and internet package. I was on holiday so I decided to take it in stride. I also upgraded to a better room that included more amenities, at a low extra cost, which I accepted. When I checked the bill, however, they had in addition to these costs charged me 168 yen per day for "room service", I have no idea what that was about as I didn't use any. I later did get a reply to my second message, but not with an answer to my question, and when I e-mailed about the billing I got no reply. So, unfortunately, I will not choose this hotel again.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Ms Louise Berglund,

I am writing in from Crowne Plaza, Wangfujing. I understand that during your stay here with us, you are unhappy with the lack of explanation on the two room charges which appeared on your bill. These two room service charges are mainly for the room upgrade which includes all club benefits. It is RMB460 per day, of which you are asked to sign on a receipt during your check-in. I would also like to express my apologies for the slow replies towards your messages sent to the hotel before your check-in.
In order to express our sincerity and apologies, the management has decided to refund you half of the room service charges for each day. Hence, we will refund RMB460 back to your credit card immediately upon agreement from you.

Thank you for your kind understanding and patience with us. I look forward to seeing you in Crowne Plaza, Wangfujing in the near future again.

With regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had 4 nights with three full days. Flat walk to forbidden city & Tianamen Square. Our room w in a corner & a strange shape but functional. Room had a 4 plug adaptor for everything electrical. Good cafe & lobby bar. Free WiFi in lobby but payable in room RMB 3/min up to RMB120/day. We would stay again.

Room tip: Ask for outside room not on the corner ( has rooms onto atrium).
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank JayDeeBee1950

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We found this hotel excellent as it is close to major tourist attractions and shopping district. Would definitely recommend to anyone. My family and family friends were here from Australia as my wife and I had another traditional Chinese wedding in her hometown of Jinan. Everyone really enjoyed their time and enthusiastically went to all the tourist attractions. My wife and I went to the great wall though relaxed the rest of the time after a hectic wedding schedule in Jinan.

Best thing was the friendly staff who went out of their way to go the extra mile.

In particular I would like to mention Selina Wang (Wang Na Na) who works at the Angus Grill. When I booked the table I mentioned to her that it was for my mothers birthday.Towards the end of the meal the waiter brought in a cake and we all sang happy birthday. All the staff were great though she went out of her way to let the other staff know of the special occasion.Thank you.

I also want to mention James Zhang a Concierge who was very helpful. I have worked as a concierge during uni and understand it is not always the most rewarding job. Thank you

And last but not least the wait staff at The Essence are great especially with all the drinks we had. Thank you Mary Sung

Only thing I would improve is the stability of the internet in the loby and the rooms air con didn't cool the room to the temperature we set making it very dry and stuffy at times..

Room tip: Ask for a room looking towards the forbidden city side..
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank John B

Dear guest,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing! We appreciate you choosing our hotel as your home away from home. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel. And we are also very happy to know that our colleagues were helpful during your stay. Thank you for your sincere comments and we will continue to provide excellent service in the future.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

After an exhausting plane trip from San Fransico the Crown Plaza on Wangfujing Rd. was a nice choice. In this huge city it seemed to be convenient to all the major sites. The high end shopping centers were fun to browse. We felt totally safe walking in the evening. Just around the corner from the hotel is a large cathedral square, where in the evenings you will find the neighbors taking public dance lessons. We joined in for a few minutes and enjoyed it immensely. The hotel was very comfortable and the young Dutch manager a delight. The breakfast buffet was incredible offering both weatern and Chinese specialties. Eat the hearty breakfast and you will be able to keep the pace of the tour group. Our room was very nice, clean and we had a good city view. Tere is a nice pool, workout room and massage theray. You can have inroom service with massage if you desire.

Room tip: Front facing room
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank P H

Dear guest,
The positive feedback we receive is an encouragement for our team to do even better for guests who seek the comforts and hospitality of a great hotel.
Thank you very much for the compliments.