“A Good Convenient Hotel in Beijing”

Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #63 of 6,473 Hotels in Beijing
Brisbane, Australia
“A Good Convenient Hotel in Beijing”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed at this Crowne Plaza hotel from 17-21 March 2012 and were very impressed with the presentation of the hotel, its facilities and the helpful staff. It is conveniently located near Tianamen Square and the Forbidden City and has easy access to local shopping and dining venues.

The queen size room was spacious and clean. The Concierge desk and front of house staff were very helpful with our queries and willing to offer advice, particularly on dining suggestions nearby.

The inhouse restaurant and lobby bar offered what you would expect from an international hotel - the restaurant manager in particular made us very welcome and spent time discussing our visit to Beijing, which we appreciated.

We had the added enjoyment of seeing snow in Beijing in March !!

In summary, we enj-yed our short stay at the hotel and would recommend it others visiting Beijing.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, April 5, 2012

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing!

We appreciate you choosing our hotel as your home away from home. It’s a great pleasure to learn that the hotel impressed you deeply. We also very happy to know that our colleagues were helpful during your stay. Thank you for your sincere comments and we will continue to provide excellent service in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Let me start off with the statement that I am an IHG Platinum Ambassador member so I stay a lot in IHG hotels but my experiences these past two weeks in China makes me want to reconsider.

1) The rooms are tired and the carpets are threadbare. The wifi is fast. The bathtub is stained. The towels were not changed. The hotel was generous with the bottled water.

2) The location of the hotel is great. Nothing bad I can possibly say. Wonderful location in downtown Beijing.

3) Each time I left the hotel to take a taxi I asked the bellboy to call me a taxi on the street. Each time I was told that this was not a service the hotel provided. One time I was referred to the concierge desk and they told me they would dial a taxi for me-why when there are so many taxis driving by on the street! Even when I checked out with my luggage, at no point did anyone offer to help me with my luggage or call me a taxi. While I speak Chinese, I can imagine how it might be difficult for someone who does not speak Chinese to hail a random taxi in Beijing and guide the taxi driver to the destination.

4) Finally the most upsetting thing for me was that upon checkout I was presented with a credit card slip with my home currency and RMB and I selected RMB. Imagine my surprise when I found that the Crowne Plaza had charged my card at a very disadvantageous rate in my home currency.

I understand times are tough in the hotel industry but trying to eek out a few more RMB from a guest who is a frequent stayer by picking the currency against his wishes is unacceptable in my opinion.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator. Despite being a platinum member they gave me a room next to the elevato...
2 Thank ben s
Dear guest,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing !

We would like to apologies for the discomfort and unhappiness experienced in our hotel. We have taken up the matter with the hotel operation team. Please rest assured that appropriate steps are being taken to avoid any recurrence. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities. We hope this incident did not impact your overall impression of Crown Plaza Brand and you can afford us an opportunity of welcoming you back.

Best regards,
London
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Following my first stay here last year I gave this hotel five stars. This second visit in January proved once again the excellence of the hotel, its management and the commitment of its staff. I dined in this visit at one of the hotel's restaurants which specialises in steaks. The food was particularly good as was the wine list. The hotel is in the centre of the commercial area with a vibrancy along Beijing's primary shopping area. It is also a short walk to the main tourist attractions.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our service and restaurant. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Beijing in the not too distant future.

Best regards.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed from March 23 to the 27th. Hotel location was fantastic. near the Wangfujing shopping district. 7-1el1 beside it and a Mccafe. OPM mall offers all types of restaurants. Great experience except for pick up which did not arrive in airport. I used China tours for this service online. But Hotel helped me with the Grayline desk inside hotel. Melissa of grayline was so helpful and honest. Nice experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify non smoking. They placed us in smoking rooms but luckily no smell .Clean and g...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, March 30, 2012

Shanghai, China
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very good overall service. Warm GM to greeting guests, and appreciate the experience of drawing while eating! A creative idea.

Will still choose this hotel upon next trip to Beijing.

Very convenient location, and no distance to Wangfujing.

Dear guest,

I was very happy to read your kind review and have shared it with my team at the hotel and thanked them for making your stay so memorable. I would like to thank you on behalf of the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This may not be the newest hotel in town but the warmth of welcome and the great location make up for everything else. The staff are exceptionally welcoming and offer an excellent service, the duty management are highly visible and charming. The bathroom was enormous! Best of all was the 'chocolate man' who delivered at 5pm nightly - a wonderful touch. This is a traditional, well-run hotel.

Room Tip: End rooms have a HUGE bathroom

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2012

As others have said, great location, close to shopping and major tourist sites.

The hotel itself is nice; nothing special. Rooms were old and needed refurbishment or a facelift.

Positives: 4 quick lifts, so no waiting around. In-house ATM, decent free wi-fi and good wired internet connection. Friendly and helpful check-in staff and the doormen were great at getting me taxis each day. Breakfast food tasted good. Breakfast menu wasn't extensive but you'll have enough to choose from if you don't mind eating the same thing each day (I'm talking Western food here). Nice lounge downstairs if you want to meet friends for a drink. Good quality towels and the TV was good with lots of channels - a few of them in English. Good, steady supply of hot water.

Negatives: Cleaning service was terrible; out of 7 nights they only replaced both cups once, other times they either left just one or none. Only 1 spoon supplied. The Egg Chef at breakfast didn't speak English and screwed up my order on 2 separate days. Soap in the room is cheap rubbish and doesn't lather well, buy your own if you're going to be there for a few days.

Summary - a decent hotel with nothing really wrong with it (despite my negatives). If you want to be close to the main attractions and close to some shopping and some markets then this is the hotel for you.

1 Thank TonyB_au
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our service and staff from Front Office, Food & Beverage as well as quite some facilities. Meanwhile, we take all your negative comments very seriously indeed. Please rest assured that your experience has been discussed with the respective teams and management for their needed improvements. Our team is firmly dedicated to correct any shortcomings and to seek for improvements. We strive to express our passion of service through a great hotel experience, and your comments have brought valuable feedback for our improvement.

Again we will pay serious attention on those basic service details and really look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards.