Prime Hotel
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
$167
  • Restaurant
$149
$116
1,067 results
All reviewsforbidden citywangfujing streetminute walkwithin walking distanceswimming capnice hoteldongsi metro stationthe main shopping arealarge roomthe bell boynon smokingbit datedairport shuttlemajor attractionshotel is locatedbreakfast buffetstayed here for nights
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We found the Prime Hotel to be brilliant. The rooms were very comfortable even tho the beds were very hard (expected). The location is a must, putting you right in the heart of the best places to be in Beijing, close enough to walk to Main Street mall but far enough away to not hear any noise. The hotel booked our high speed train service and couldn't be more helpful. Found all the staff to be great. Only downside was the cafe in the hotel was extremely expensive and the breakfast buffet was well below average (not a major issue as Starbucks and McCafe are not far away)

Room Tip: Make sure you get a none smoking floor as Chinese hotels still allow indoor smoking. Higher in the building the better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed with a large group and need 10 envelopes and 48 print copies and had to pay 490 CNY or over 80 USD. The concierge was rather aggressive when i complained about the excessive price. Likewise they charge you 10 USD for an espresso café. Avoid to use their excessively priced services and enjoy the good location of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here for a week whilst visiting Beijing.

The hotel was clean, staff were polite and most spoke English. I didn't eat there every night but when we had dinner and breakfast there was a good selection. Our room was nice and spacious, the only problem was that we were on a no smoking floor but it still smelt smokey. I don't think this can be avoided in Beijing though, I'm just used to being in the UK where people can't usually smoke indoors?

The hotel is close to the busy shopping street in Beijing, including 'snack street'. We also walked from the hotel to The Forbidden City and the Hutongs but we like to walk a lot whilst on holiday, not everyone will find it an easy walk.

I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily B
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I never ended up eating at the hotel or spending much time there in the day, but whatever time I did spend there it was comfortable.

The rooms are clean and the bathrooms, though jazzy looking, are clean too. All kinds of random amenities are there in the bathroom for you to pay for and use if you like.

The staff is very helpful. As I speak English, on two different occasions the staff at the front desk took almost ten minutes to painstakingly write down all the directions in Chinese for me so all I needed to do was show them to the locals and be on my way. This really saved me.
There is an ATM in the lobby which is very convenient.
Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Mamifine
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel a few nights while on business in Beijing. The hotel is in good location, 500 m away from underground stop, walking distance from a main shopping area and also a nigh market or at least a modern version of it with interesting food options. 20-25 mins away from Forbidden city and Tianmen Sq. We have found a traditional restaurant 5 mins from the hotel if you are looking for an alternative to hotel dining: http://www.bjliuzhaishifu.com/ ! We went there a couple of times!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business