“really, really happy to have stayed here ...”

Kerry Hotel Beijing
Ranked #5 of 6,556 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here 4 nights last week and am really glad that I did. The standard room was booked online via the hotel website. Their customer sales team emailed to check if I would like to upgrade to Club Floor for an additional RMB170 per night. I did and was happy with the outcome.

Positive comments from previous reviewers are accurate - check-in is fast and fuss-free, room has everything you'd expect and need, breakfast's great, etc. The staff at the Club Lounge are well-trained and they take the effort to engage in conversation with the guests.

I'd stay here again the next time I'm in this part of Beijing.

Room Tip: if they offer you an upgrade to Club Floor, take it
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nick_ng

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed a couple of nights recently, arriving very early in from London. They let me check in straight away without the usual fuss about rooms not being ready. Liked their paperless check in. The rooms are spacious, bathrooms clean and modern and the restaurant excellent. The breakfast buffet is particularly good and the evening meal's wagyu burger simply superb. It's also not far from a metro station that is a fairly easy ride to Tiananmen and Forbidden City. Couldn't find fault with this hotel at all and would readily go back. Free wifi too which works well and adds to the convenience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel was clean and nice, however they must have a bad ventilation system because my room and my colleagues room smelled badly like the outdoor smog. I woke up coughing every night. The other office buildings I was in during this visit did not smell that bad indoors.

Beware of concierge and car service. I booked the hotels car service thru the concierge for 8 hours for $300. The driver took us to the Great Wall and then said we had to go back to hotel. He would not take us around for the 8 hours I paid for. Upon return to the hotel (3hours later) the concierge said it was $300 for 8 hours OR $300 just for Great Wall (regardless how long that took). That's bull! In think they were trying to pull a fast one on me.

TIP: if you book anything thru hotel concierge desk, make sure you get it in writing before paying. They are as shady as the tour guides in the airport.

1  Thank ChrisandMatt
Jeremy A, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

ChrisandMatt, thank you for the review of our property. We too are dissapointed to hear of your stay experience and are concerned about the service issues you have raised.Would you please provide us with more details via email at jeremy.aniere@thekerryhotels.com so we may investigate internally and take the necessary actions to improve our service if warrented. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you and Best Regards

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed 3 nights here for a meeting and was very happy with the hotel. Check in was quick and my room on the club floor was very good. It had everything you could want and more. Free minibar and snacks which are invariably charged elsewhere, free shoeshine(which I only realised on departure :( ) . Large samsung tv and even one of those behind the mirror tvs in the bathroom, not to mention the toto neorest do everything toilet! The staff were great and thefree use of the well equipped conference room in the club lounge a bonus. The Chinese restaurant Hai Tien Lo was super.,...here's a tip...the Peking duck here is far superior to the famous QuanJuDe's offering. It's also connected to the China World Mall where abundant and expensive shopping is available.
If I have a grouse, it's regarding the free internet...too many hotels make us pay for this facility and so it was great that this was provided free...but and the big but is that it was really very slow and inefficeint such that you almost wanted to pay the $20/24hr charge that many hotels charge to get a better connection.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Kerry Hotel is simply amazing. I was in a regular king room, which was great. The real star of the room is the toilet! If you stay you will find out what I mean.

The mini bar was free, which was great, although it isn't stocked with an outrageous amount of stuff, it was nice to have free soft drinks and chocolate.

The breakfast was good, every food type in the world was on offer. We also dined in the restaurant on two nights, the food was very good.

The brand new Kerry sports on the second floor is out of this world. The 35 metre pool is great and every time I used it I was the only person in the pool. The gym is huge for a hotel and was never busy.

The staff were very friendly and the service was excellent.

All in all this is a great place to stay in Beijing.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed in the Kerry for three nights in late March and early April and enjoyed my stay very much. We were in a regular King room, which was well appointed, comfortable bed, sufficient outlets for charging things at 110-120 volts, with a mini bar that was free! And then of course there were the bathrooms, which feature a toilet with several options, including heated seats. I was disappointed that the gym/pool area was under construction so they had a makeshift room setup with excercise equipment.

Check-in though Check-out was mostly smooth, including a fantastic breakfast buffet at the Kery's main restaurant which includes fresh fruits/juices, a mto egg station, pretty good coffee, and dumplings/noodle bar (though there are no vegetarian noodle bar options). A couple of days, the wait staff were even passing out fresh smoothies to the diners.

Overall, very good stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed in the Kerry for one night on my way back from Dalian to Singapore on business.

Arrived at the hotel quite late after having a reasonably harsh travel scheudle leading up to this one night. Check in was perfect - no complaints at all - and I was soon in my room for a quick turnaround before meeting colleagues in the bar downstairs and then for dinner in one of the cafes in the hotel lobby area.

The whole hotel reeks of quality and, dare I say it, does not feel cheap and gaudy as I find a lot of mainland hotels do. The room is beautifully appointed and the bed extremely comfortable as you might expect. Expensive toiletries in the bathroom and everything you might need or require is in the room.

The bar downstairs had a decent range of drinks and very good service. My only complaint (and a sign that I'm getting a little old maybe?!) is that the live band were a little too loud - making conversation almost impossible whilst they were playing. Filled with a young and hip crowd, I feel it was perhaps somewhere for people a couple of years my junior.

A light evening supper in the cafe near to the bar was pleasant enough, if a little forgettable. Service once more was excellent - allowing us to order wine off the more expensive restauarnt list next door despite sitting in an inferior establishment was a nice touch and appeased my wine-loving boss.

I think the biggest surprise came for me at checkout. I forget the exact price, but for a hotel of this standard it really was very cheap indeed. At the price I was charged I would stay here for a city break in Beijing and would have no problem in recommending this hotle for either business or leisure travellers.

Location was great for my purposes - a series of meetings in the CBD - but I guess that might be a downside for a leisure traveller.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business