“Awesome service!”

Shangri-La's China World Hotel
Ranked #20 of 6,556 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Very big hotel, yet the service is very good, genuine and personal.

The location is convenient. Connected to the WTC of Beijing, attached to the China World Mall, restaurants and the subway. The hotel is itself is just a large size business hotel but the level of service I experienced was just of the charts. I opted for the airport pick-up and drop-off which was worth the money. A hotel associate was waiting for me at the gate and guided me through security and customs very quickly towards the car. Upon arrival at the hotel, I was greated by a hostess (Alba) who welcomed me personally at the curb and showed me my room and did a in-room check in. I was impressed by her warm and personal yet professional attitude.

The rooms are quite standard for any high-end business hotel, but the other services I used (roomservice, laundry etc) were very good. The breakfast buffet has good quality food (even the croissant were great which is rare in Asia in my experience), but due to a big IBM conference it was quite crowded so I had to wait a couple of minutes in line before I was seated. For me this was only a small disapointment compared to the rest of the experience.

Another flaw was the internet quality, the connection in the room was very instable and slow. Some websites like twitter, facebook etc were blocked, but that's standard in China and not due to the hotel.

Overall, just a 7/10 hotel but 9/10 service!

Room Tip: Construction in the front, so ask a room at the back.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GM-ChinaWorldHotel, General Manager at Shangri-La's China World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Ruben V, thank you for your review. We are delighted you had a great stay and enjoyed our hotel. The Scene A Cafe breakfast and airport pick up and drop off services are always enjoyed by our guests. I will also share your comments on our team with all the departments and I know they will be delighted with the recognition. Thank you for highlighting the Internet, speeds should be consistent; We will be upgrading in the next few months. We appreciate your support of China World Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

great room with plenty of needed products, reliable wake up calls with nice coffee brought to room, fast service, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff, and very good general atmosphere in common areas

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Zoubida A, thank you for your review. We are glad to know that you have wonderful memories of your time with us. And thank you for highlighting our unique wake up call service. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Beijing. Regards. John Rice, Area General Manager.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Excellent location in Beijing. Convenient for shopping and easy access to many choices of restaurants. Access to subway via walkway inside the building. Good services. Room is clean and comfortable. Free internet.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
GM-ChinaWorldHotel, General Manager at Shangri-La's China World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear T M, thank you for your review, and we are glad you enjoyed your stay at China World Hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Despite many newer luxury hotels built around Beijing's CBD, the China World Hotel remains the golden standard. Great personal service - genuine and not scripted - is what puts them ahead of the pack.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Matt S, thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the hospitality and service from our team. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Wonderful room and bathroom design, the lovely musicians at the lobby every night, the variety of the breakfast, the fabulous flower arrangements, well trained staff.
The room's desk drawer plenty of useful things for the business traveler: glue stick, stapler, scissors, clips, pencils and sharpener... I had never seen this before in a hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Paty G, thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you found our rooms and facilities comfortable and enjoyed breakfast in Scene a Cafe. The Scene a Cafe breakfast and lobby musicians are always enjoyed by our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I attended a conference in this hotel. The staff was friendly and courteous. The rooms were nice, with large bathrooms that had separate tubs and showers. There was a big square floor-to-ceiling window in my room with a good view of the city.

I enjoyed my stay and would return to this hotel if I had business nearby.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank txworldtrav
GM-ChinaWorldHotel, General Manager at Shangri-La's China World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear txworldtrav, thank you for your review, and we are glad your conference was a success. China World Hotel has great conference and meeting facilities, and is well located for both business and leisure travelers We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Hotel is generally ok. Not impressed by the food. I gave a postcard to the concierge on 1st March 2014 at 12 noon to be posted. I checked in on 28 Feb. Till today there is nothing in the mail. I paid for the stamps as well; the concierge said RMB5 and I gave RMB10. Management should check this and brief the staff about the importance of service standards and care in handling personal matters for guests.
CW Lai

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Shangri La Hotels

Dear RLA23, thank you for your review. My apologies for the issue you experienced with the mail service. We will look into this issue today. Please contact me on john.rice@shangri-la.com with your preferred contact details and we will revert to you. We appreciate your support of China World Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beijing. Regards, John Rice, Area General Manager.