Lowest prices for your stay
No prepayment needed
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Fully refundable before Sat, Apr 27
No prepayment needed
8,181 results
All reviews horizon club subway station china xu mall gym cbd concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at China World a couple of days ago with my wife. The hotel is beautiful and location is the best in Beijing. I have to say the staffs are very helpful (she suggested DaDong Restaurant- best Roast Duck we've ever had!) and friendly, especially the girls at the lobby. Always smiling and welcoming when we pass through the lobby. Will definitely stay here again when we go back to Beijing.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jayson H
Reviewed January 9, 2013

From even before I left the USA to go to China for business, the staff at China World Hotel were going above and beyond to help me and my delegation of colleagues. We had a lot of special requests, shipping, and we were all arriving at different times. The wonderful staff even made an special effort to greet me in person after I was there. I even got to know 5-7 of them by their names, and they were patient enough with me to speak Chinese even though it takes me longer to communicate using Chinese. China World Hotel has also been well known for a long time in Beijing as a world class operation. I stayed there once before, a few years ago. This hotel is a world class operation and we will always try to stay there when we travel to Beijing.

Room tip: All of the rooms are very nice. The ones facing north might be a big larger because of the curvature of the building but I am not sure.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank profpjm
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a well located hotel for business trips in Beijing. Rooms are not large, but comfortable. They are a bit old and could benefit from some renovation, but are still fine. Breakfast buffet has a lot of options, great bread. Service at the reception is very good, helpful staff. The only note was the person who accompanied me to my room for check-in - she told me that I would receive a survey from the hotel and that I should mention her name and say that she had provided excellent service. I would have done it, but won't after having been asked by her.

Date of stay: January 2013
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My own Opinion:

UPSIDE (1) if you are in the executive floor/lounge, ask the corner room as you will have the double room size with the same proce and awesome view to the busy street facing the Yintai and Park Hyatt (2) staffs are very nice and accomodating (3) breakfast choice is superb (4) smell the lobby of the flowers is so good (5) spacious lobby (6) not far from the famous Silk Market (7) attached to the mall with various luxury goods and restaurants

DOWNSIDE - nothing except the beautique at the hotel is a bit pricy (expected).

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Rapture2015
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed five nights in a Horizon Premium Room. The rooms themselves are a bit dated, but very comfortable. The bathrooms are spectacular and everything, everywhere is spotlessly clean. Horizon Club food is tasty and interesting and the service is attentive, but the breakfasts downstairs at the main restaurant are truly extensive! Housekeeping is tops. The first morning they saw I was using a mouse on the glass-top desk, and they left a complimentary large mouse pad. It was Christmas, and they left a lovely Swiss chocolate Christmas tree. Courtesy and smiles from everyone...from the fellow at the lobby elevators to the cleaning staff. One gets the sense that the rooms may no longer be the trendiest, but this is a hotel that knows how to treat people well and make them feel welcome and comfortable.

Of course the location is great...directly connected to two subway lines, a large indoor shopping mall, a tennis center, and even a year-round ice skating rink! Although it's 23 years old....ancient for a top tier Chinese hotel....the China World / Shangri-La still sets the standard.

Room tip: Premium rooms are MUCH bigger than standard rooms.
Date of stay: December 2012