“spacious room, huge bed, lot of choice food at breakfast”

Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing
Ranked #21 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Beijing shangrila hotel have a huge room, great breakfast experience also surprise welcoming treat for my child. Great hotel for my holiday trip. About the location altough not in the heart of beijing but overall good.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
1  Thank Wong T
There are newer reviews for Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing

Reviewed April 23, 2014

My "Shangri-La" experience started right from the time I stepped out of the flight where a butler guided me through the airport exit to my car, which had a free wi-fi inside! As I entered the hotel, I was guided straight to my room- with no check-in formalities and waiting !! All verification and checkin details was done in my room. The view from the 22nd floor was amazing!! everything was spotless in this hotel, and although sometimes there was a bit of communication barrier, each and every staff had a genuine smile, which ironed out all issues.
The most interesting part was that each time I took a cab to office, I was handed over a leaflet with the cab number and hotel address along with translations of normal chinese sentences!!! Numerous choices for breakfast, and the restaurant was overlooking a beautiful Japanese garden!!!
Experience of a lifetime!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the newly renovated part of the building.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BeduinMon
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed 10 nights at this hotel at their GARDEN WING for my recent business trip and enjoyed my stay. Staff were particularly attentive and quality of services were great. I stayed at the 22nd Floor and my room was spacious and bed very comfortable.

The only downside is that it is quite far from areas like Sanlitun etc but we can take taxis and I never encountered any problems getting taxis to and from the hotel.

All in all, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floors are very nice!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The hotel has a lot of charm and vitality within its walls, but it is honestly too far from the underground subway. I read that there was a shuttle service to and from different locations but when I asked about this I was told that there was only a very expensive shuttle service to and from the airport. It would be WONDERFUL if the hotel started an hourly shuttle service going to and from a nearby subway stop. I found the taxi services to be good but the hotel is a five star establishment that has basically two major issues (when you look through most of the reviews) and one of those issues is its location. The other issue can't always be helped (inconsistent service), but a location problem could be greatly aided if a free/low-priced shuttle service were added to the hotel amenities. I really believe this would be a huge added benefit for a 5 star hotel that seems have everything else going for it--- this really is the single most complained about issue.

Room Tip: Choose the new building (the Valley Wing) if you really, really are looking for a 5 star hotel exper...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Rose J
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The hotel is a wonderful places to stay when I was at Beijing. Everything over there is excellent. Good service, spacious, clean lobby and rooms. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I wish I can stay longer at the hotel because I really feel comfortable over there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EmilyToh
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My stay at Shangri-La was wonderful and everything I expected from a 5-star hotel. Another nice perk was that in-room wi-fi was free. The spa & pool facilities are luxurious. The staff were so attentive, it was noticeable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I can confirm what said by so many other fellow travellers. The hotel inside is excellent, even in the "old" wing rooms are clean, spacious and very well fitted. Nevertheless the surrounding area is not good. Unless I have to be in the area for business, I don't think I will be back.
I liked and enjoyed every moment when inside, but eventually you have to get out of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business