“Nice expericence”

Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing
Ranked #18 of 6,556 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Overall, my family's staying at this hotel was pleasant and we was impressed by the view and service in the breakfast area. I would like to recommend Shangri-La to my friends and colleagues. The only problem with my staying took place when I checked out. I made a reservation with a discount room rate but was asked to pay the original price. I think there is a disconnection between your reservation system and the counter personnel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ShangriLaBeijingMgmt, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Value Guest,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Beijing and for taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel. Your compliments where we made positive impressions were noted with appreciation, However, we would like to further discuss with you on our offering, and kindly contact our Resident Manager at hakan.ozel@shangri-la.com. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Vivian Zhou was an awesome host and I have recommended this hotel to all my co-workers. Very beautiful, clean and modern hotel and I enjoyed the experience.

Vivian took care of my every need and very gracious.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2013

360 degree services, Shangri-la Beijing is always my first choice when traveling to Beijing.
Nice and pretty reception girls such as Vivian, Zheng Huang and Xue zheng Qin gave me a deep impression, especially during my sick period. I really appreciated.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed twice in Shangri-La hotel since January, 2013. 12th Floor Lounge is great, clean & luxury! Nice girls give us a warm welcome in the lounge floor, Miss. HuangZheng(Jennifer), Luis, Lu(Nicle),ChanLiang(Malisa), Alex, Philips, Ema and Linda...all are good with excellent service! Luxury bedroom made me feel comfortable & relax. Breakfast was great and delicious! Bellman(Frank) was good also. Appreciate of all best service from Shangri-La hotel.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wonderful hotel with great service. The room is very large, nice view over the city. Breakfeast is huge and the french restaurant is top of the top. If you have some money, try this great experience.
I fyou want to relax in peace, go to the swimming pool. One of the greatest indoor pool I have experienced.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at the Shangri-La in Beijing during May2012. It was my frst trip to China. The hotel was fantastic and the service impeccable. Chinese people have such a willingness to serve and assist people, we really felt like royalty during our stay. It was very easy to find taxis from the hotel to the tourist spots in Beijing. I would have loved to be a little closer to the Tiannemen square area, but other than that our stay was perfect. Be sure to try out the spa at the hotel as it is pure indulgence! The breakfast buffet was huge but because we only eat halaal the choice was a bit limited - I did however do justice to the pastries! The hotel has a lovely garden which you must take a walk around. This is one of the things that I found so appealing in China - the gardens and parks, its all so beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nazneenaboo
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The service is great! The rooms are big and comfortable. The lounge of the west wing is very nice. Has a very nice fitness facility. The SPA is great! The pick up and drop off service at the airport is one of the best.