Shangri-La Hotel, Beijing
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
$228
$210
NewWorldHotels.com
Prime Hotel(Beijing)
$113
$80
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

Free cancellation until 06/02
$267
$212
Agoda.com
2,495 results
All reviewsgarden wingshang palacechi spanew towerold winghorizon clubsummer palacein room diningthird ringexcellent hotelbusiness tripbreakfast buffetconcierge staffroom was spaciousroom rateindoor poolbusiness center
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We live in Beijing and came here for a little staycation over our anniversary weekend. It was fairly standard for a Chinese luxury hotel... i.e. very large, bustling, full range of restaurants/bars/activities/services, hit-or-miss customer service, rooms not maintained to the highest standard but overall nice.

The hotel is best reached by taxi as it's not very near the subway, and isn't within walking distance of many attractions. Check-in was very smooth (except for the confusion of two different check-in desks for the two different wings). The front desk staff was friendly and helpful overall.

Our room was pretty nice... the carpet could have used replacing, and the room obviously wasn't brand new, but it was comfortable--the bed especially. It also had a very nice bathroom, with one of the best designed hotel shower/tub areas I've ever seen. Very nice shower and no flooding of the bathroom. The hotel also provided an incredible range of toiletries, which were great. We also appreciate the wi-fi that is included in all Shangri-La hotel rooms.

We sampled the hotel's restaurants as well. After a walk in the nice outdoor garden, which is very attractive and pleasant, we had a drink in the lobby bar, which had relatively attentive service and a comfortable environment. We also tried the Japanese restaurant, which had poor service and very mediocre food; I would avoid it. However, our favorite was the awesome brunch at STAY. Our room didn't include breakfast so we didn't try the buffet.

One major complaint I have is that there is no priority for hotel guests in the taxi line, which is a very standard practice at Beijing hotels. This means the taxi line is filled with locals who are eating/drinking/hanging out at the hotel and guests have to wait ages to get a taxi. I found this very frustrating.

In my opinion, this hotel caters to Chinese tastes more than to Western ones. But overall it has nice facilities and a full range of services, so you could do far worse.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

These hotels are managed by committed General Managers that are putting customers at the center of everything they do. We took two connecting rooms for a family of five (3 children) at all three hotels with Club Lounge Access, and I could not find any faults on this occasion - that's saying something since I (estimate) that I have stayed in around 3000-4000 rooms-nights in my life.

Indian Chef Mahendra was a great hit in Shangri-La Hotel BEIJING, especially amongst the Europeans and some Singaporeans staying there.

Shangri La XI'an has an inhouse travel service and I recommend that rather than an outside agency.

The Concierge Manager Mr. MI and his assistant Meng at BeiJing were particularly helpful.

Some may find Shangri La a little Expensive, but I tell you it's worth every penny and value for money.

(Regarding visists to different cultural sites, etc.. well that requires another review. Needless to say that we purchased a lot of stuff that we don't need and that nearly every place that may be visisted require tickets - even the kind of public gardens that we in the west take for granted have enterance fees - we Stayed in Beijing (Marriott-Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel) when we entered China and vistied many of the key places. When leaving China we stayed in the Shangri-La Beijing)

We are Swiss residents

Room Tip: 1. Depends on family size. 2. If you are going to spend anytime in the hotel, get the rooms with lounge access 3. Even have a look when you are there. 4. Bonus packages can be an added value 5. Don't be afraid of asking for manager's help - if you are a little unhappy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Hotel looks very grand and new. Everything is in golden color with the yellow lighting. Hotel has 2 different wings and this can be quite confusing. Waited quite awhile for conciege to retrieve my booking details so that they can direct me to the right wing. Still, the staffs seem to be very friendly and warm.
Room is very cosy and new. I like it that the lightings are very adequate with several points. Bathroom is a little small but acceptable at such location. Stationary and/or desktop can be provided for business suite/room. WIFI connection is very good and accessible in every corner in hotel. The only small complaint i have is the housekeeping response to my need for daily newspaper. I was asked to redirect the request to reception. Even so, the delivery was not done on time by early mornings.
Food wise the breakfast buffet at cafe can be improved further. My dish was served incompletely (eggs benedict without salmon as stated on the menu) although after that the waitress did serve me a separate plate of salmon instead of prepare a fresh dish.
There is this open garden space at the backyard of the hotel. This gives a very relaxing feel. It is also well-maintained.
Overall i still enjoyed my stay and will recommend this to others inclusing business travelers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Service professionalism and staff and careness is way above average for a 5-star hotel in Beijing.
Buffet and breakfast were excellent, great choice, good food, beautiful garden landscape.
As any other location in Beijing, plan for a 30-min wait for taxi.
Definitely first choice when going on business trip to Beijing.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel itself is very impressive. The staff is extremely cordial and very accommodating. Breakfast and lunch selections are varied and good. Room was very clean, comfortable and spacious. Location is good, but remember, its' Beijing, and the traffic is horrendous so allow some time to get anywhere. Would definitely recommend it and its' on my list of the place to stay if and when I'm in Beijing again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business