We stayed at the Grand Hotel in June 2012 while on business in China. The hotel facilities and pricing is clearly designed for business guests and conferences.
Level of English:
Reception OK, Resturants - Communicating was a Struggle, Other Staff - None
1. The rooms and the hotel are very nice (not 5* as claimed but definitely upper end)
2. The food and drinks are very expensive - breakfast was around $30 AUD which was insane for some Cornflakes and an OJ. Also the resturants were very expensive for dinner and lunch.
3. The views over the forbidden city were ok but in the end it was just some trees and red roofs.
4. Turn left out the front door to go shopping (500m) very good, turn right for Tianamen Sq and Forbidden City (500 -700m)
5. Finally - the hotel gave me food poisoning. I had not eaten all day as we were flying in, the only food I had was from the hotel kitchen. When I complained; there was no apology in fact they seemed to be quite angry with me. So I packed up and left.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Hotel Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beijing Grand Hotel