The St. Regis Beijing
Trip.com
$83
$79
1,106 results
All reviewsbutler servicepress club barcelestial courtgarden court restaurantspg goldembassy districtsilk marketbusiness centerwalk in closetupgraded to a suitebreakfast buffetluxurious hotelevery eveningexcellent hotelforbidden cityconcierge teammain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2013

upon arrival at the hotel, room was not ready even thought it was 2pm, however manager on duty decided to upgrade us and give us a bigger room. the rooms are clean and exactly what a 5 star hotel should be like. breakfast here is excellent. the swimming pool and gym is top notch as well

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cynthia Y, MarCom Executive at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on (TripAdvisor website.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our service and facilities.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at the St. Regis for 3 days while on business in Beijing in September. I later noticed a note in an Insight Guide that many regard St. Regis as the best hotel in Beijing. While I have no other hotel in Beijing to compare it to, it must be among the best as I can't imagine any way in which it could be superior. The rooms are large, comfortable and very tastefully furnished, "non-smoking" means non-smoking, the pillows divine, the bathroom covered in marble, the service terrific, the gym is one of the best hotel gyms I have been in, and the food excellent. It is well located in the business district. It is a 10-30 minute cab ride, or a 10 minute subway ride to Tienanmen Square depending upon traffic (which can be atrocious.) Of course it is pricey (so get the buffet breakfast included in the rate if you can), but you can trust this hotel to deliver a St. Regis-quality stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A28ensemble
Cynthia Y, MarCom Executive at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had a very good experience at this hotel. Very service oriented: arrived late at night and needed coffee and support at the business center which was immediately available. My room was very nice--no great view. In the US, this is closer to a Grand Hyatt rather than a Hyatt. The large buffet breakfast was overwhelming to me but ordering off the menu was not tremendously expensive and much more relaxing. I had an excellent meal at the Japanese restaurant in the hotel, which seemed popular with diplomats from the nearby Embassy. I had a free half-day for touring and the hotel arranged a car and English-speaking guide--a very nice morning. Highly recommend if the location is near your meetings. I don't have a good sense of whether there is good support if you are here primarily for touring.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CapCityTravelers

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was my first stay at a St. Regis and it totally exceeded my expectations. The hotel isn’t particularly outstanding architecture on the exterior, simple and clean. Inside, a world of marble detailing, art, fine fabrics abounds! The foyer and lobby bar are elegant and open, and SPG check in is fast and easy. I was upgraded to a Diplomat Room and it was one of the most comfortable, functional, quietly elegant rooms ever. I wonderful sitting area, universal swivel big screen TV for living area, BIG fully functional business desk (best I’ve seen) and lovely big bed! A walk in closet with drawers, storage, a safe, and bathroom to die for with an electronic toilet designed by NASA!

There to see the sights of Beijing, I changed my plans and did only one BIG event per day, framed by the buffet breakfast on the garden terrace, and return pool/spa/Jacuzzi/steam and sauna after. 18:00-19:00, the Press Room Bar is set up and offers free happy hour food AND any alcohol you need to sooth those aching feet! Traveling alone, and relaxed in my room, I ordered an Australian Filet and grilled veggies and a bottle of New Zealand white in my room. The hotel also arranged a day taxi for me to the Great wall and this driver knew every short cut, reaching the wall in ONE hour! He led me to the ticketing and got me started.

The hotel is OFF the noisy main drag and a short walk to Jianguomen Metro on Line 1 so a straight shot to Tian Amen and the Forbidden City. The subway is totally easy and only 2 RMB...to everywhere! It is NOT kind to those who have issues with stairs or wheel chairs of baby strollers!

The staff here responded to every question, request with the up-most speed, and my suggestion to replace SPG ads in the Press Room Bar TVs was…finally…met with a change to sports (thanks to new intern David from Montreal!). DO NOT MISS THE INDOOR POOL AND SPA! The concierge and front desk staff very helpful.

The St. Regis is top class so be prepared to pay more for food in the hotel. However, check with SPG offers like free breakfast (offered to me in today's questionnaire AFTER I returned...annoying!)...so ask for any upgrades, deals, or freebies...they are there to be had!

Please rate my review as helpful if it was!

Room Tip: The _ _11 and _ _12 rooms on each floor too close to the elevator lobby for me, get something farther around the corner (Diplomat room _ _ 25) is right next to a BIG maid's station and the floors are concrete so expect TOO MUCH pounding from the floor above during room changes!...Hey St Regis: put down a rubber surface? My room faced the fountain courtyard...very pleasant view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank jmptrips
Cynthia Y, MarCom Executive at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Reviewed September 9, 2013

For those who are used to the typical St. Regis rooms and service, this hotel would rate slightly below par on what you would expect of a St. Regis. I was booked in an ambassador suite. The suite lacked any sort of "spectacular" interior design and was rather boring. Finishes were good, marble bathroom, typical St. Regis products for shampoos etc. Do not expect great service as is customary of the St. Regis brand. English was a small problem with certain service personnel.

Location was decent, (really depends on where you want to stay). The hotel felt very commercial/business not at all for tourists. Pillow menu was a nice touch. Pool was decent but other than that, a rather sub-par, standard cookie cutter 5 star hotel. For the price, I would stay at the Park Hyatt or the Raffles Hotel.

Room Tip: I had the ambassador suite but I recommend passing on it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank Thomaskshie
Cynthia Y, MarCom Executive at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and detailed opinions about your recent stay here at The St. Regis Beijing.

Our hotel prides itself on providing bespoke services, and when things do go wrong we rectify them immediately.

Please be assured that your opinions are taken very seriously and we will take the necessary measures to do an internal follow up and ensure that bill issue you mentioned doesn’t happen in the future.

We will be ensuring that your profile is updated and that your stays from now will be everything you would expect and more.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcome you in near future.