“A Concierge Review”

Ranked #43 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Englewood, Colorado
“A Concierge Review”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a great luxury property. Like with most large cities the rooms are smaller but comfortable. This property is perfect if you are conducting business in the area but not convenient to historical sights. The St Regis is old school customer service and they take pride in service. They know you want something before you need it. We had a great butler who was willing and eager to provide things. I fell in love with our evening tea service. After a long day of walking around Beijing it was great to go to the hot springs inside the hotel. The best part of the stay was the daily breakfast buffet. What a way to start you day with Western choices, Chinese choices and Japanese choices for breakfast. It was great to try so many varieties of high quality food. I had one small concern that was immediately addressed by the management team especially by the General Manager. He made it a point to stop at our table after breakfast to get some feedback and personally apologize for the minor concern I had. I was traveling with my husband for a milestone birthday which the property recognized with a very generous welcome amenity. I am a SPG platinum member and we received a great upgrade. NOTE: This property is GLBT friendly and respects diversity.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cynthia Y, MarCom Executive at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor website.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our bulter service and facilities.
It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Arriving with 2 colleagues on an overnight flight, I tried to check in but was told that my room wasn't ready and there were no other rooms to offer me. Even when I explained that I only had time to shower before leaving for meetings, I was told there was nothing that they can do.

My 2 Caucasian colleagues who checked in at adjoining desks both had their keys. When I explained the situation, one of my colleagues protested to the hotel clerks and explained that we only had time to shower before leaving together for meetings.

Then, the hotel said there was a room for me after all.

Having at one stage stayed for a month at a time at this hotel, I was deeply disappointed and won't be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank wwglobal_traveller
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time and detailed opinions about your recent stay here at The St. Regis Beijing.
Our hotel prides itself on providing bespoke services, and when things do go wrong we rectify them immediately.
Please be assured that your opinions are taken very seriously and we will take the necessary measures to do an internal follow up and ensure that issue you mentioned doesn’t happen in the future.
We will be ensuring that your profile is updated and that your stays from now will be everything you would expect and more.
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcome you in near future.
Best regard
sydney
Reviewed August 2, 2013

stayed on the 17th floor ,butler service was great .
close by silk market known for copy clothing and bags ,need to be careful as prices quoted are quite high.
hotel close by another shopping mall , must see at night called THE PLACE unbelievable light show , huge screen at least 60meters wide by 200 meters long ,so standing underneath you get to see different images being displayed.
never seen anything like this before.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leo c
MaryZeng, Online Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our butler service.
Best regards,
Beijing
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 8-year anniversary earlier this month and booked the St. Regis to celebrate in style. We were not disappointed!

Before arrived we received an automated email from the Butler Service outlining their scope of service and providing us contact information. I immediately wrote and informed the hotel that it was our special anniversary. The Chef Bulter, Tong Zhu, immediately wrote me back and apologized for the delay in response (which was not the case at all!) informing me that the hotel would prepare for our arrival.

We had booked a special upgrade rate that entitled us to a Deluxe Room, however when we checked in we were informed that we had been upgraded to a Suite. When we arrived in the gorgeous room, we found a bottle of champagne, chocolates and fruit awaiting us! Soon after popping the bubbly, our Butler Stephen introduced himself, followed by the Chief Butler himself. Tong and Stephen were both incredibly gracious and made us feel right at home.

We were informed that we were invited to a wine reception in the Press Club Bar, in the lobby. The Bar was fantastic & the wine reception included complementary wine and appetizers. Not to mention the best bloody mary's I've ever had!

We enjoyed a great off-site dinner and returned to the Press Club where the host offered us two glasses of champagne in light of our anniversary.

The next day we enjoyed an expansive breakfast buffet in the Garden Court and rejuvenated pool-side.

Pros: Service, facilities, service, service and service
Cons: Not that we could detect!

Room Tip: The Statesman Suite has a separate living room and bedroom, making it great to spread out. Only one...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MaryZeng, Online Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Once again, wish you have a happy anniversary with your husband!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Superb stay excellent on all fronts from the porters, the front desk, the rooms to the restaurants has all the facilities, a little overpriced when compared to other similar hotels but worth it close to silk market and downtowm

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jim e
MaryZeng, Online Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, July 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our service and facilities.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and i spent 5 days at the St Regis in april it was fantastic hotel. Great location. Staff are friendly and offer a very attentive service. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable and there is a butler service, which helped unpack my bags. What a great start to our holiday. I will stay there again. .............................................................

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank mandy180906
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights to round off a long trip around Suzhou (Shangri-La) and Shanghai (Le Royal Meridien) before heading back home. First the good news. As others have commented, the Press Club Bar happy hour was great. I wish we had gone earlier, as it was, we only found time to go in there on our last night. I also agree with other comments regarding the butler service. I am sure if you need something out of the ordinary then it's worthwhile, but just to bring coffee and a paper with your alarm call - well that's something that the Shangri La did without calling it out as their big feature. The downside for me says the room itself. The room (1714) was small and incredibly noisy thanks to a wafer thin adjoining door to the neighboring suite. I can't blame the folks in the suite for having their friends round for a chat and a laugh, but really I do expect a "luxury" hotel to have enough soundproofing to make it possible for us to get a nice quiet night's sleep without having to call round next door to ask them to be quiet a couple of times. The rooms are also small, "Tokyo-small". Don't try to swing any small domestic animal in these bathrooms. The fixtures and fittings were old and tired. The closets had an ikea feel about them and sure enough as I was hanging my shirts up the flourescent light fitting inside the closet simply fell out onto the floor. Maybe I had been spoiled by the other hotels on this trip, but the St Regis simply didn't come close to being in the luxury class, other than the Press Club Bar.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Paul_K_Oregon
MaryZeng, Online Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please be assured that your opinions are taken very seriously and we will take the necessary measures to do an internal follow up and ensure that issue’s doesn’t happen in the future.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcome you in near future.