“Highly Recommend”

The St. Regis Beijing
Ranked #35 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The St. Regis hotel in Beijing is one of the nicest hotels that I have stayed in. I generally take one or two large trips per year and I have been fortunate enough to go to many international locations. I did stay in a suite, so I can't speak about the regular rooms. But, the decor and the service from the butler service down to the general staff was terrific. I was extremely satisfied with the location of the hotel and how at home I felt from the minute I walked into the room for the three nights that I stayed there. I would definitely return to this hotel and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking about staying here.

Room Tip: If you don't speak Chinese and you are planning on taking a taxi from the airport, make sure to...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Ugur T, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Reviewed January 13, 2013

as platinum member they upgraded me to suite room and i cant feel relax not much view in room , small and smelly and old... dry cough killing me at night because heater . bath room is not luxury very small bathtub . good thing you can get a ton of avian water . location is not that good service is chinese standard but they have excellent breakfast ... not worth for money ! i recommend you to pay more a bit and move to stay at park hyatt!! i have more photos review at http://www.flickr.com/photos/yoshida_101/collections

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Ugur T, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and detailed opinions about your recent stay here at The St. Regis Beijing.

Our hotel prides itself on providing bespoke services, and when things do go wrong we rectify them immediately.

Please be assured that your opinions are taken very seriously and we will take the necessary measures to do an internal follow up and ensure that issue’s doesn’t happen in the future.

We will be ensuring that your profile is updated and that your stays from now will be everything you would expect and more.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcome you in near future.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

St. Regis is outstanding. Loved this property, staff is professional and accommodating. Butler service added an extra element of indulgence and luxury. Restaurant is outstanding as well, offering East and West cuisine - very happy!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ugur T, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am usually a fan of St. Regis hotels because they feel smaller and more personal than some of the larger chains in the upscale category, and this St. Regis was no different. We were in a lovely corner room that was very spacious. Our butler was always prompt and courteous, and we took advantage of the complimentary coffee and tea service every day.

The one slight negative is that the hotel is in a quiet area of town (near the embassies) so the walk to the subway was a bit far (which is important in the sweltering humidity/heat of July!). Maybe because it’s in such a quiet, non-touristy area, we had some difficulty getting taxis during some times of the day because it isn’t common for there to be a lot of taxis in the area I guess.

Some of the employees at the front desk were terrific and very helpful (I emailed with Michael before arrival to make some arrangements and he was very prompt), however once we arrived we found the employees at the front desk and concierge to be a bit hit or miss. Some were very helpful; others fumbled around trying to locate all the arrangements Michael had made for us in advance. That was a bit frustrating at a hotel of this caliber but we did enjoy the hotel because of the respite it provided from the busy, crowded city.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ugur T, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at the St Regis in September as part of a group. We were well looked after and wanted for nothing. The butler service was particularly helpful, hemming a dress for me and re-souling my husbands shoes. If ever we find ourselves in Beijing again, we will not hesitate to stay at the St. Regis

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SophieBee
Ugur T, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our butler service and facilities. It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at the St. Regis for 5 nights after I became quite ill in Beijing. It was a real bummer! I was supposed to be backpacking along the great wall, staying in hostels and guest houses on a budget. I woke up on check out day from a mid range hotel in Beijing, ready to explore the great wall, but I woke up very ill with a powerful virus. I decided that I needed to cancel that trip and get well, and I wanted to do that in a place with total comfort, no need to leave the hotel, and no annoyances whatsoever.

So, I chose the St. Regis. I splurged, but I figured that I will likely not leave the room for 5 days, so I will get the most out of this luxurious splurge.

The room is amazing. I had the entry level room. The bathroom and bathroom amenities are divine. The bed was delicious. The TV was amazingly high quality, and I was able to connect my macbook with hdmi cable and watch movies from my computer on the TV very easily. The furniture was very comfortable.

The breakfast was good, and had a huge variety, but the juices are not great. I am quite picky with juices, and the orange and grapefruit juices are not very fresh. They had a funky, kind of fake taste.

The lunch special at the italian restaurant was amazing. The minestrone soup was the best I have ever tasted, and I come from Chicago with its fare share of Italian restaurants. The Japanese restaurant made me feel like I stepped into Japan. The food there was also quite good. The room service food was ok, but not great. The descriptions of the dishes were sometimes not very accurate. But overall, pretty good.

The concierge was not good at all. I almost complained to the management. He gave me a quick negative response to a question I asked. I had to coax him along to actually find out the information I wanted. In the end, he still failed. This was quite annoying and not up to par for this hotel brand.

Overall, the stay was excellent, and the quality and cleanliness was top rate. The housekeeping staff are excellent. They provide ample amounts of free, bottled water, as opposed to some high end hotels that charge $10 for a small bottle of evian! The laundry service was expensive, but excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Ugur T, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our service and facilities. It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I really must say that St.Regis in Beijing is an Excellent hotel. Hotel that you have everything you need if you on bussines trip or yust a turist. Excellent service, food, room....everything!! Always when i come to Beijing i stay in this hotel ,and this is my second home. Very cosy.....that everybody needs,when they are far away from home. Congratulations and see you soon again. For all who are searching for a really good hotel in Beijing, the St.Regis is the right adress. I really recomend this hotel.
Best regards from Slovenia, Sandra Kos

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Ugur T, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012