“Above and beyond service, a great experience”

The St. Regis Beijing
Ranked #38 of 6,556 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I had a three night stay at the St. Regis in Sept 2012. From the time we arrived to the time we left, we received excellent, attentive, and cheerful service from every staff person we interacted with. The facilities were beautifully maintained, our room was wonderfully appointed. Every staff person contributed to a great stay, but we were particularly impressed with the above and beyond service concierge Michael. From arranging an excellent tailor to come to our room to make a suit for me, to making recommendations and arranging timely transportation, Michael made things happen for us. A memorable stay, we'd readily choose it again if business or pleasure brings us to Beijing.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Ugur T, EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in September and found the butler service and our restaurants to be very helpful.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Highly recommend this hotel. Stayed for 4 days. Smooth check-in where we were upgraded to a suite given SPG status. Room was large and well laid out. Plenty of room to spread out. Separate work desk had ww powerstrip which is a luxury. Bathroom was large with separate shower and bath. Bathrobes and towels were big and fluffy. Many little touches which made the room luxurious. Butler service was good for getting the first cup of coffee in the morning (though getting a second cup was sometimes delayed) .
The 6-7 wine ritual was a terrific touch for relaxing before going out to dinner. Concierge service was ok. Reservations were made but while my Manderin is non existent so it is not fair, generally the english skills were ok.
Check out was prompt, our bags were grabbed from us and we were wisked to the taxi.
Hotel was close to the Metro so getting around was not too bad. HOWEVER taxis are very hard to get. We waited for 25 minutes to get a taxi at 8PM and then took the train. Part of this is the hotel location but this is a Beijing problem where we waited 15 minutes near a train station to have a cab drive us 3 km with a "fixed" meter 50 rmb for a 20 rmb ride.
Absolutely will stay at the St Regis on our next stay

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ugur T, Ugur Talayhan EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in September and found the room amenties, service, wine ritual and our associates to be very helpful.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week in Beijing. We stayed at the St. Regis. It is a beautiful hotel, and they upgraded us to a suite because of my husband's status in Starwood. The service was excellent, from the bellman to the butlers. Every morning we ordered coffee brought to our room, as we do in every St. Regis hotel in which we stay. It is a great way to start a morning. The breakfast buffet is plentiful with anything and everything that one would want. I had some of my clothes pressed and they came back so beautiful that I wondered how they did it. We toured the spa and pool but did not have time to enjoy them. The meals at the hotel restaurants were fine. They stocked our room with amenities so that we never had a want. We will definitely stay here again if we have opportunity. Also, we hired a guide and driver for the week from China Travel Guide. I highly recommend Andy, our guide. He made our trip completely stress free.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ugur T, Ugur Talayhan EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in September and found the butler service and our associates to be very helpful.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I am a platinum spg member and so see my fair share of properties. This is one of the finest properties (for extremely reasonable rates) that I've stayed at. The gym is huge and a little dated. If you are a tourist - this maynot be your best location, but you can take a taxi anywhere - its still very central - for less than 5 usd. These are the only negatives.
Great staff, extremely polite and efficient - from checkin to checkout - Keep up the great work.
Great cocktail hour and food. Good swimming pool and spa. The room quality and butler service is what you expect from a st. regis. Fantastic stay overall.

Room Tip: Suites are larger, try the breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Ugur T, Ugur Talayhan EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER - F&B at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in August and found the service, wine ritual and our associates to be very helpful.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My favourite hotel when I stay in Beijing.

I stayed also at others St Regis in the world, I must say that this is not the best, the building is quite old and the rooms demonstrate it, but they are perfectly maintained and the fittings are luxurious as you expect at the St. Regis. Also the Personal Butler is as helpfull as elsewhere.

The best experience of my stays are breakfast, it is a pleasure to stay at breakfast in term of atmosfere and food.

At the end the overall experience is really good, I cannot gice the excellent review due to the structure that demonstrates its age let you undestand the difference with other francise of St. regis in the world.

I will stay there again anyway

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Ugur T, Ugur Talayhan EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in August and found the butler service, Breakfast buffet and our associates to be very helpful.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I prepaid for a 5 night stay in one of their statesman suites from 09/18 - 09/23 end of July. My credit card was promptly charged for the entire stay inclusive of taxes. I had a slight change of plans and wanted to terminate my stay on 09/22 instead of 09/23 and contacted the hotel. I got a reply back from Annie saying that the room rate was non refundable and non changeable and that they could do nothing about it. If they had looked up my spg profile they would have seen that have spent over 200 nights at their most exclusive properties in the last couple of years. For them to treat their best customers in such a petty fashion is just shocking. I have been in similar situations before when I have prepaid and had a change in plans. Other Spg properties have always obliged without any hassel. I am very disappointed in this property.

Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank artistworldtraveller
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Was my favourite hotel in Beijing but I found it was getting tired. The food and housekeeping were not as good as before. It seems that they appointed a new Exe Chef.Like the press bar.

The thing shocked me was their staff forgot to wake me up although I fixed a wak-up call the night before departure. So I woke up by myself at 5.45am while my flight was 7.10am. They did make a sincere apology but I a still thinking that it was unacceptable for a St Regis hotel

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Hawkdai007
Ugur T, Executive Assistant Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to detail your recent experience at The St. Regis Beijing.

Our hotel prides itself on providing bespoke services, and when things do go wrong we rectify them immediately.

Please be assured that your feedback is taken very seriously and we will take the necessary measures to do an internal follow up and ensure that issue doesn’t happen in the future.

We would also like to thank you for taking the call from one of our senior manager and discussed your experience in more detail.

We will be ensuring that your profile is updated and that your stays from now will be everything you would expect and more.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcome you in near future.

Best regards