Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,559 results
All reviews subway station peking duck the executive lounge an upgrade comfortable rooms dongsishitiao china sanlitun gym taxi english internet concierge wall atm yuan westerners
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2011

+ check in: fast and smooth, warm welcome, have been upgraded to executive level
+/- room: very small room and bathroom, old decor, cleanliness in bathroom could be better, very good pralines as welcome gift in room, Internet for free
+/- executive level: nice and cozy, some staff members are very friendly and helpful, others do not see any need of refilling drinks and food, serving guests etc.
+ breakfast: very good and huge offer
+ location of hotel: very good - you are right between city centre (sights) and Chaoyang district (going out, having dinner, Sanlitun for shopping etc.)
+ value for money: very good - the room prices are not high at all (in comparison to e.g. Shanghai)
- gym: has pretty old equipment
+ laundry: very good and fast
+ food: delicious

• Trip type: Traveled on business
SwissotelBeijingMgnt, Manager at Swissotel Beijing Hong Kong Macau Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments are important to us. We are very glad to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and rest assured our utmost attention would be given to the issues you brought up. We look forward to welcoming you back to Swissôtel Beijing in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights while on business and found the overall experience to be good. The room was clean, modern and comfortable - although i did have a co-worker who was in an old room 9not very nice) so I am guessing there are still some rooms to be refurbished, but my room was great!
The hotel staff were fantastic and so helpful. As we were working until the afternoon we missed all the tours to the Great Wall but the concierge arranged a rate with a driver (in a very nice car!) to take us out and about for $600yuan which was very reasonable considering we were gone for about 5hrs.
The hotel is also directly outside a subway stop which was very convenient for getting out and about around Beijing. The staff are so helpful at this hotel and will assist you in getting anywhere and have fantastic English speaking staff. Even the Doormen are so lovely and friendly (especially one called 'Sean').
The breakfast was also very good so overall I really enjoyed this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
SwissotelBeijingMgnt, Manager at Swissotel Beijing Hong Kong Macau Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

Dear Lisa-WLG,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments are important to us. We are very glad to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and your kind commendation has been passed on to the relevant team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Swissôtel Beijing in the near future.

Reviewed December 15, 2010

On business in China and had a day and a half of free time in Beijing before heading back to the States. Stayed at this location and had a great experience at this hotel. Service was phenomenal, was able to get an early check in and even a late check out and a good majority of the staff spoke english, which was a true bonus. Hotel is close to major attractions by subway, which is right outside the main entrance. I was even able to book a tour of the Great Wall through the hotel. This is a great hotel for business or leisure travelers and I will be staying at this hotel whenever I am in Beijing.

Date of stay: December 2010
SwissotelBeijingMgnt, Manager at Swissotel Beijing Hong Kong Macau Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2010

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments are important to us. We are very glad to see that you had enjoyed the stay with us and looking forward to welcome you at Swissôtel Beijing in the near future.

Reviewed December 6, 2010

I stayed here on two separate visits in October this year – 5 nights in all. The reception, restaurant, room service and lobby staff were all very polite, professional and friendly. I was upgraded to a better room on both occasions, without asking. This was a nice surprise as I had paid a good rate online and wasn’t expecting any special treatment. My rooms were both clean, well furnished and with lovely bathrooms. I felt very comfortable staying at this hotel. The location is excellent . It is easy to use Beijing’s excellent subway system with a station right outside the front of the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
SwissotelBeijingMgnt, Manager at Swissotel Beijing Hong Kong Macau Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2010

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments are important to us. We are extremely glad to see that you had enjoyed the stay with us and looking forward to welcome you at Swissôtel Beijing in the near future.

Reviewed November 22, 2010

I booked a non- samoking room and was put into a smoking room which had an adjoining door to thI don't think so - e next room - there were business people working in the next room all day and non stop smoking. Smoke actually could be seen coming through adjoining door ! Had to be moved - accepted change from 1 x king to 2 x single to enable move.
Room was freezing overnight as outside temperature dropped - called service in morning who said that room was cold because it was on cold side of building - nothing he could do except put a heater in room ! 5 star !!!! I don't think so.!!! I complaine tro reception - they;'re solution was to put heater in room. I insisted on seeing manager who eventually agreed to move us to another room - we were put in room on 12th floor - supposedly executive - I previously stayed in Holiday Inn Express in Wanfujing which was far better quality room and bedding and washing facilities!
The window did not even close properly and there was as big gap which someone had attempted to seal with a strip of draught excluder - and failed.
The shower head was broken - water only trickled out - I had to get service to replace. The bedside light and socket on one side of bed did not work.
The room power was often turned off by maid after cleaning which meant clock and alarm had to be reset on an almost daily basis.
Used shoe cleaner which was not replaced used bathroom shower gel which was not always replaced.
I found myself having to pay a fixed charge of approx 210GBP per day for internet access - minimum allowed was 24 hrs. Couldn't even get wifi unless on lower floors ! Almost everywhere else I went in the city offered unlimited free access in shops - restaurants bars etc...
Revolving door in reception not always working !
Breakfast 18GBP per person per day - how much can you eat for £18 !!!
In all very dissapointing - I travel to Beijing more than 8 times a year for business and family reasons and would never recommend this hotel to anyone I know.
In it's favour for me the location was good!

Date of stay: November 2010

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your candid experience. Your comments are important to us. We regret that we failed to impress you with our hospitality, nevertheless we do hope that you could allow us another change to demonstrate that we are able to make things right. Would appreciate if you contact me via jason.wang@swissotel.com for arranging your next trip to Beijing. Looking forward to welcome you at Swissôtel Beijing in the near future.