Capital Hotel Beijing
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
$228
  • Restaurant
$267
$212
Agoda.com
All reviewstiananmen squaretower bqian mennew towerchongwenmen stationstar hotelmajor attractionsstaff speakbreakfast buffetper dayenglish channelsnon smoking roomconvenient locationthe air conditioningstayed at this hotel for nightsspoke good englishconvenience store
Reviewed September 6, 2012

i was there in 2011 August,it was my first and last time in China,so ,maybe everything for me was so special ,but ,to be honest ,this hotel gives you all comfort and relaxing you expect in a city like Beijing .it is located near to every attraction of the city,Tiananmen sq.,and Wang Fu Ji street are in the neighborhood and you are so close to Temple of heaven.
the rooms are spacious and comfortable and compare with rest of the world are so cheap.
you will enjoy your residence but on that time there was a royal piano there and one girl palyed it awful
swimming pool is not bad and the most important part is restaurant thet you can have a very delicious breakfast and have a good Italian food in the highest floor..

Room Tip: 10th floor and upper
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you are not smoker you better precise for non smoking room. Even for me as a smoker its prety difucult. Otherwise rooms are big and clean. Price is good if you are booking via Internet. If not its a more then double.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night 20-21 Jul Room 946 . The location is excellent an you can walk down to some of the Beijing attractions. Inside , the staff are impersonal, my room was not ready at time of check in and they were not bothered at the reception .

The hotel boasts of free WIFI , but I had to pay extra for Internet cable connection. When I reported that I was bot able to connect to Internet, they did send someone , after some tinkering another person turned up and then a third . They did not have a clue as to how to connect and they told me to use the cable to use Internet (Cost $ 2-3 / hr) instead .

There is a plaque which proclaims the hotel to be 5 Star but it was no better than a 4 Star . The rooms were ok , furniture in poor taste . The breakfast hall was overflowing with guests , and I had to wait for fifteen minutes before I was taken to a table which had not been cleaned (left overs still there) and to be shared with two others .

I have told my friends at Beijing not to book me at this hotel in future .

Room Tip: No advice - avoid the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The lobby is beautiful and the staff is quite helpful. They assisted in purchasing air tickets and taxi service; however the room in tower b was "let's say" less than desirable. I expected a discounted 5 star room and spent two days in a room that was more 3 star. With a simple purchase of new beds, flat screen television the level of this room would be raised. The bed was
lumpy and hard and even the mattress pad brought in did not help. Prices are too high. The breakfast buffet was wonderful including Chinese and Western dishes but the supper buffet had
very little in the way of western cuisine with no salads.

Room Tip: Ask for tower A. I have heard that these rooms are much better.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We just stayed here for 3 nights. Apparently there is a newer wing, which we did not stay in. Our air conditioning was not good, so they gave us a fan the first night. The next day they moved us into a suite that had better air conditioning, which was very nice of them, but still the AC was not that good. But overall, the hotel needs a bit of updating, but it was really fine. We were with a group tour and we had a private room to eat, etc and I thought they were very accomodating to us. They even gave us extra matress covers to make the beds softer. Also, they did not have enough elevators. I think there was only one for our building. All in all, it was definately fine for our group tour needs, and it seemed to have been well located, and good service.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask to be in the newer wing...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends